ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 335
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:29 PM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was thinking the giant and Tormund's geese were cooked as well.

I also didn't see Longclaw knocked out of Jon's hand initially. I thought that was just some random sword he picked up. Once he parried that blow I expected it to engulf in flames. When I re watched it, I saw the wolf on the hilt. Still a cool scene and informative as well.

It'd make sense for them to gather up all the great houses with Valyrian steel swords for the upcoming battle.
How many are left? I don't think there's a bunch out there. Brienne has Oathbreaker. I assume that Joffrey's sword was buried with him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:50 PM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
How many are left? I don't think there's a bunch out there. Brienne has Oathbreaker. I assume that Joffrey's sword was buried with him.
No idea but this Valeryian steel got me to thinking. Why is Valeryain steel so much better? It's harder? Why? It was forged using Dragon fire? Can Dannery's dragons help make a whole new batch of swords and save Westros from the hoardes?
[Reply]
Hawk 10:01 PM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No idea but this Valeryian steel got me to thinking. Why is Valeryain steel so much better? It's harder? Why? It was forged using Dragon fire? Can Dannery's dragons help make a whole new batch of swords and save Westros from the hoardes?
It is forged using spells and magic as well, so it's not quite that simple. I think I saw somewhere that according to the books there are only 8 known Valyrian steel swords in Westeros. I know that the Dayne house has Dawn which Ned returned to them after Robert's rebellion was over. Brienne and Jon have theirs. I doubt Joffrey's sword was buried with him, families pass Valyrian steel swords down generation to generation, they wouldn't bury one I don't think. I assume Tommen has it now.

And come on, Jon is half Stark. How else could he be a warg with his direwolf? L+R=J!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 PM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
It is forged using spells and magic as well, so it's not quite that simple. I think I saw somewhere that according to the books there are only 8 known Valyrian steel swords in Westeros. I know that the Dayne house has Dawn which Ned returned to them after Robert's rebellion was over. Brienne and Jon have theirs. I doubt Joffrey's sword was buried with him, families pass Valyrian steel swords down generation to generation, they wouldn't bury one I don't think. I assume Tommen has it now.

And come on, Jon is half Stark. How else could he be a warg with his direwolf? L+R=J!!
Dawn isn't actually Valyrian steel, nor is Lightbringer.

According to most lists, looks like there is only:

Longclaw - Jon
Oathkeeper - Brienne
Widow's Wail - Tommen
Heartsbane - Tarley
Nightfall - Harlaw
Red Rain - Drumm
Lady Forlorn - Corbray

A valyrian arakh is floating amongst The Windblown.
The valyrian steel dagger from Baelish used by the guy that attacked Bran while he was in a coma.

Pretty sure that covers it. It took me about 4 books to realize just how friggen rare that stuff is.

EDIT: Keep an eye out for Dark Sister. Bloodraven was the last known owner and I think pretty much everyone accepts that he's also the three-eyed crow. So somewhere in that cave way up north is likely a priceless Valyrian Steel sword. It's technically a Tagaryen heirloom so I guess it's possible that Daenerys ends up with it, but Meereen sure seems far removed from that cave. Bran's never leaving that cave, but maybe Hodor? Maybe it makes its way to Rickon somehow?
[Reply]
smith11 12:27 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was thinking the giant and Tormund's geese were cooked as well.

I also didn't see Longclaw knocked out of Jon's hand initially. I thought that was just some random sword he picked up. Once he parried that blow I expected it to engulf in flames. When I re watched it, I saw the wolf on the hilt. Still a cool scene and informative as well.

It'd make sense for them to gather up all the great houses with Valyrian steel swords for the upcoming battle.
how are they going o fit the giant on the boat
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:30 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don't think John Snow is a Stark at all. The parallels being talked about in this thread between the Night King and the Starks are moot. IMHO. At least as far as Jon goes.
Wyjsissotmawdfaraltisyabsosatnhjblittfociyaicyawcsabsl;hiyabsaytbtsapticsweofoctyaiabrm.
Translation:
:-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:30 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

Oh no way in hell was that sword buried with him. Valyrian steel blades are rare and extremely valuable. They are teh pride of a house, and are handed down through the generations. If the kid had turned into a swordfighting legend of epic proportions, maybe, but he didn't even cut his fucking wedding cake with the thing.

It's being held somewhere safe for Tommen and his kids. And if Tommen bites it, it will go over to Kevan and then down through his kids (assuming he has someone other than Lancel to hand it down to).
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:35 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by smith11:
how are they going o fit the giant on the boat

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Can't see how they could pull it off. Unless they have a REALLY big boat, he'd likely capsize any ship he tried to climb aboard. I would think the seas too rough to try to fashion some kind of raft to be towed behind a ship (even if they could find a place to safely land and make one).

But here's hoping he lives somehow. Watching that giant pluck zombies off his back like annoying cockroaches and rip them apart and fling them away, and stomp them down, was awesome.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:36 AM 06-02-2015
One of my favorite parts of the episode:

I like how the zombie puts the brakes on in the last second when he figures out that he is in a baaad place, but can't quit stop and half slides into the stomping. Freaking epic.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:55 AM 06-02-2015

Yes, I believe Tommen was given Joffrey's sword. Doesn't Jaimme have the other one that Tywin had reforged from Eddard Starks sword?
[Reply]
Swanman 07:55 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Yeah, I was wondering that too. Can't see how they could pull it off. Unless they have a REALLY big boat, he'd likely capsize any ship he tried to climb aboard. I would think the seas too rough to try to fashion some kind of raft to be towed behind a ship (even if they could find a place to safely land and make one).

But here's hoping he lives somehow. Watching that giant pluck zombies off his back like annoying cockroaches and rip them apart and fling them away, and stomp them down, was awesome.
Right near the end of the scene Tormund calls him Wun Wun so that is the giant that is at Castle Black in the books. I imagine they get him there somehow given he lived through the battle.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:59 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Yes, I believe Tommen was given Joffrey's sword. Doesn't Jaimme have the other one that Tywin had reforged from Eddard Starks sword?

He did, and then passed it over to Brienne. Oathkeeper, it is named.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:05 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
He did, and then passed it over to Brienne. Oathkeeper, it is named.
Ah yes, I remember now. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 AM 06-02-2015

[Reply]
Bowser 11:04 AM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Right near the end of the scene Tormund calls him Wun Wun so that is the giant that is at Castle Black in the books. I imagine they get him there somehow given he lived through the battle.
In the preview for episode 9 you can see him with Jon, Tormund and the group looking up the Wall at Alliser Thorne....
[Reply]
Page 33 of 335
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up