ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 45
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
RunKC 04:32 PM 02-28-2020
Becton just ran 5.10 at 364 lbs damn
[Reply]
staylor26 05:13 PM 02-28-2020
Can’t wait to watch Marlon Davidson tomorrow. He’s supposed to blow it up.

That’s a guy that’s VERY intriguing at 32. The thought of that fucking beast playing with Clark, Jones, Nnadi, and Saunders is scary.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:27 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Can’t wait to watch Marlon Davidson tomorrow. He’s supposed to blow it up.

That’s a guy that’s VERY intriguing at 32. The thought of that fucking beast playing with Clark, Jones, Nnadi, and Saunders is scary.
this is trolling right

You can't re-sign Jones and THEN spend your first rounder on a defensive lineman. You have TWO cornerback slots to fill, as well as replacing Watkins, LDT, and upgrading ANY or ALL linebacker spots.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:30 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
this is trolling right
Umm what? Why would that be trolling?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:36 PM 02-28-2020
Marlon Davidson is a SDE. Okafor might be cut (along with being a brokedick), Ogbah is a FA, and KPass has one year left on his deal. You’re a Frank Clark injury away from being fucked at DE. What does that have to do with Jones? If anything signing Jones means you aren’t keeping any other other DE’s long term. You don’t draft in order of needs. You take BPA at a position of need, which SDE clearly is.

You throw Davidson into our front 4 and it’s starting to look a lot like the DL the team we played in the SB had. You don’t need to be great in the back 7 with a front like that.

You still have 4 other draft picks and free agents to fill other needs. Veach has proven he can find bargain bin guys in free agency to fill holes, even during TC and into the season.

The draft is about adding talent to your football team, not just filling your needs in order.

I didn’t even say you take him there though. I said he’d be very intriguing. If a guy with a similar grade at CB, LB, or IOL is there than I’m probably going in a different direction. He’s on my short list though.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:42 PM 02-28-2020
Umm what? Why would that be trolling?
Because there are other position groups besides defensive line. Because they can't all be on the field together. Because, in this scenario, we've spent $100M on TWO defensive linemen, then two second round picks and two third round picks on the others, plus Alex Okafor.

That's not counting re-signing Mike Pennel.

and THEN you want to spend the most valuable commodity (since we will have NO cap room) to draft... another defensive lineman.

We are losing:

Breeland
Fuller
Robinson
Ragland
Kemp

As well as all THREE backup tight ends. We also need serious upgrades at LB, C, G, and in very well might have to replace Watkins in order to free up the cap room to sign Jones.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:43 PM 02-28-2020
We are not trading Okafor for ****s sake. Dude was beasting before his injury
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:44 PM 02-28-2020
Marlon Davidson is a SDE. Okafor might be cut (along with being a brokedick), Ogbah is a FA, and KPass has one year left on his deal. You’re a Frank Clark injury away from being fucked at DE. What does that have to do with Jones? If anything signing Jones means you aren’t keeping any other other DE’s long term. You don’t draft in order of needs. You take BPA at a position of need, which SDE clearly is.

You throw Davidson into our front 4 and it’s starting to look a lot like the DL the team we played in the SB had. You don’t need to be great in the back 7 with a front like that.

You still have 4 other draft picks and free agents to fill other needs. Veach has proven he can find bargain bin guys in free agency to fill holes, even during TC and into the season.

The draft is about adding talent to your football team, not just filling your needs in order.

I didn’t even say you take him there though. I said he’d be very intriguing. If a guy with a similar grade at CB, LB, or IOL is there than I’m probably going in a different direction. He’s on my short list though.
We have FIVE draft picks and 24 free agents. You want to blow through the money on Jones? fine. You can't draft DL depth in the first round. Whose playing time is he taking?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:47 PM 02-28-2020
We have FIVE draft picks and 24 free agents. You want to blow through the money on Jones? fine. You can't draft DL depth in the first round. Whose playing time is he taking?
I thought I made it pretty clear that he’d be your starting SDE in that scenario, but apparently not.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:48 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Your definition of beasting is off.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:50 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
1. I said cut

2. Key words “before his injury”. He’s always hurt.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:50 PM 02-28-2020
I thought I made it pretty clear that he’d be your starting SDE in that scenario, but apparently not.
And I'm asking where the rest of them fit in. Who is he taking over for?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:53 PM 02-28-2020
And I'm asking where the rest of them fit in. Who is he taking over for?
I also made that clear.

Okafor would be cut, Ogbah and Suggs are 24 of those free agents we MUST replace with draft picks according to you, and KPass would go back to his role as the first DE off the bench like he should be.

I find it hilarious that you say DE is a bad pick because of need, but you don’t realize that is IS a need.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:18 PM 02-28-2020

Utah CB Jaylon Johnson tells me had a formal interview with the #Chiefs. Said he sat down with Sam Madison, Steve Spagnuolo and broke down film during interview. Johnson said he thrives in press-man, also versatile to play inside and outside. pic.twitter.com/it31ofFCH7

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) February 28, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:19 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Your definition of beasting is off.
He had more sacks then Clark did at the time of his injury
[Reply]
Page 33 of 45
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up