ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 94
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:45 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
What we are seeing this week is exactly why Mahomes should not give a discount to the Chiefs. They have not done a good job building a complete team around him so far even while he is a $4-5m cap hit. Why should he trust them to build a stronger team in the future?

Honey Badger is a good player, but he's one guy. That defense needs a hell of a lot more than just one guy, especially after you dump two good pass rushers. I'd rather spend that $14m on a couple of solid players instead of one big name player.
Dude...

Shut the fuck up. Seriously.

You constantly bring up this, UHHHP MAHOMES HAS REASONS TO NOT RE-SIGN WITH THE CHIEFS YA KNOW!!!!

Other than Kirk Cousins, name a QB with even HALF the success Mahomes has seen as a starter who opted to not re-sign with the team that drafted him.

I know you weren't talking about that shit, but you have in the past, and you just brought up this bullshit about the dollar amount on his contract because supposedly KC isn't a good place for him.

We like you. We like all Tech fans who come here because of Mahomes. You all seem like nice people.

But you are treading on some history here that I don't think you want to continue treading on. Just keep your idiot opinions regarding Mahomes and his next contract to yourself.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:45 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
LeVeon Bell wearing a whole lot of red on his Twitter account...
It’s been like that for a while.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
What year are you living in if you think a situational pass rusher is more important than a do everything safety?
What game are you watching if you think Ford was just a situational pass rusher?

LOL... look, it's ok not to like him, but you guys are just plain irrational...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Multiple all pro corner that leads the league in turnovers his first 3 years...traded for peanuts

Pro bowl pass rusher coming off a year he lead the league in pressures and forced fumbles while also getting 13 sacks...more peanuts

Couldn’t trade Houston for peanuts, even.

Won’t cut Berry

Overpaid considerably for Watkins and Mathieu

I know it’s a small sample size, but’s starting to look like Veach is getting schooled on everything a G.M. does besides scout talent.
And all four examples cited are exceptional examples with exceptional circumstances attached to them, let's not forget that please.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dude...

Shut the **** up. Seriously.

You constantly bring up this, UHHHP MAHOMES HAS REASONS TO NOT RE-SIGN WITH THE CHIEFS YA KNOW!!!!

Other than Kirk Cousins, name a QB with even HALF the success Mahomes has seen as a starter who opted to not re-sign with the team that drafted him.

I know you weren't talking about that shit, but you have in the past, and you just brought up this bullshit about the dollar amount on his contract because supposedly KC isn't a good place for him.

We like you. We like all Tech fans who come here because of Mahomes. You all seem like nice people.

But you are treading on some history here that I don't think you want to continue treading on. Just keep your idiot opinions regarding Mahomes and his next contract to yourself.
This
[Reply]
frozenchief 08:47 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Why?

Ford plays the more important position, and is better at his job that the Honey Badger is at his. Both have injury concerns, and both and limitations to their games. You had Ford on a 1 year deal, but you Honey Badger is here for 3.
There's some debate whether Ford plays the more important position. While pass rush gets the glory, a backfield that can cover passes is more important in today's NFL. The Patriots have consistently been ranked in the 20s for pass rush, whether you consider pressure or sacks. This brings down their defensive ranking. Yet their backfield is always one of the best in the league.

Also, Honey Badger is not owed any guaranteed compensation for year 3. It is essentially a 2 year deal with a prove it for year 3, which minimizes the cap hit and makes it easier to cut him if he goes.

We got burned by signing Berry to a franchise tag. If we'd tagged Berry a year earlier (and to a deal that had some voidable years in the back), we would not be in the mess we are currently in with him.

Review Reid's comments from the last year. They knew they had something special in Mahomes but they were not anticipating MVP special. They were figuring that this would be a 'get your feet wet' year and they would really be contending starting in the 2019-2020 season. They are where they are in part because Dorsey saddled this franchise with some bad contracts, such as Houston's. And Ford was worth it on a one year, prove it extension but with the cap problems, Mahomes' transcendence and the needs to get him signed next year, and the defense's complete collapse, we really need to change courses. So they are putting money and personnel into the backfield where their money is spent more efficiently when they have an uberQB in Mahomes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:47 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The alternative appears to be taking on $7 million in dead cap and using the savings on an even more washed Ziggy Ansah.

Houston was overpaid but has a letter perfect SDE here. And the $7 million is spent either way. So could you have gotten $14 million in production from Houston? I like my chances there better than $14 million from Matthieu.

But hey, last time he had some spare cap he pissed it away on a luxury item in Watkins so yeah, I guess we oughta keep an eye on the Bell market ...
Lol there was a report earlier that Bell is in talks with an 'unnamed team'.

All I could do is laugh if it is us.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:47 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s been like that for a while.
Ah...Then nevermind...
[Reply]
DRM08 08:49 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dude...

Shut the **** up. Seriously.

Rant all you want at me. The guy has had absolute garbage defenses backing him his entire career, including a HS playoff game where he put 60 on the board and lost. He's bound to be fed up with it by this point, and that sure as heck includes his time at my alma mater.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:50 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
What year are you living in if you think a situational pass rusher is more important than a do everything safety?
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/n...51qmqxxek75b9b

At the beginning of last year there wasn't a safety among the top 25 highest paid defenders.

But a safety is more valuable though...:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:50 PM 03-12-2019
What game are you watching if you think Ford was just a situational pass rusher?

LOL... look, it's ok not to like him, but you guys are just plain irrational...
Situational pass rushers don’t get 87.5 million.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:51 PM 03-12-2019
Like, hasn't it already been established we're making Mahomes the first NFL player to get a 200 million contract. The fuck y'all talking about.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:52 PM 03-12-2019
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/n...51qmqxxek75b9b

At the beginning of last year there wasn't a safety among the top 25 highest paid defenders.

But a safety is more valuable though...:-)
I think it depends on what team you are playing. The Patriots laughed at our “elite” pass rush.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:53 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Rant all you want at me. The guy has had absolute garbage defenses backing him his entire career, including a HS playoff game where he put 60 on the board and lost. He's bound to be fed up with it by this point, and that sure as heck includes his time at my alma mater.
Yea I’m sure he just feels like he’s in another situation where he he’ll never win :-)

He was 6 inches away from a SB last year. The Chiefs showed him in one year that he’s in better hands than that POS football program that brings you here. You don’t speak for Pat.

Eat a dick.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:53 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
There's some debate whether Ford plays the more important position. While pass rush gets the glory, a backfield that can cover passes is more important in today's NFL. The Patriots have consistently been ranked in the 20s for pass rush, whether you consider pressure or sacks. This brings down their defensive ranking. Yet their backfield is always one of the best in the league.

Also, Honey Badger is not owed any guaranteed compensation for year 3. It is essentially a 2 year deal with a prove it for year 3, which minimizes the cap hit and makes it easier to cut him if he goes.

We got burned by signing Berry to a franchise tag. If we'd tagged Berry a year earlier (and to a deal that had some voidable years in the back), we would not be in the mess we are currently in with him.

Review Reid's comments from the last year. They knew they had something special in Mahomes but they were not anticipating MVP special. They were figuring that this would be a 'get your feet wet' year and they would really be contending starting in the 2019-2020 season. They are where they are in part because Dorsey saddled this franchise with some bad contracts, such as Houston's. And Ford was worth it on a one year, prove it extension but with the cap problems, Mahomes' transcendence and the needs to get him signed next year, and the defense's complete collapse, we really need to change courses. So they are putting money and personnel into the backfield where their money is spent more efficiently when they have an uberQB in Mahomes.
You are wrong and made most of this up.

The highest paid defenders are EDGE, or otherwise pass rushers, for a reason. And the Pat's were one of the best pass rushing teams last year during the regular season, and were easily the best in the post season.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 94
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Up