ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 35
« First < 232930313233 3435 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:45 PM 01-22-2021
Mahomes. It’s not even close. The only reason people say he could be better is to create conversation about the quarterback topic. Everyone knows all 32 teams would take mahomes first if every team was drafting from scratch.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:47 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Allen has a higher YPC average, significantly more TDs, he's bigger, faster, stronger.

He's a more dangerous rusher.
Allen has a half a yard better YPC average and significantly more red zone carries.

Of course Allen has more TD's, he gets a lot more opportunities.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:49 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Here’s an interesting advanced metric on QB rushing effectiveness

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seaso...aRuns/dir/desc
When Mahomes runs, it's almost always a big play. A big first down, a TD on 3rd and long.

He's surgical.

There's no comparison between him and Allen. Allen is big and runs hard. Patrick Mahomes is infinitely more clutch.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 01:51 PM 01-22-2021
We should worry that the Chiefs' check took so long to clear the bank
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:54 PM 01-22-2021

#Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes officially cleared the concussion protocol. Will play the #Bills on Sunday.pic.twitter.com/sJg2PpDyYM

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) January 22, 2021

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:18 PM 01-22-2021
Here’s an interesting advanced metric on QB rushing effectiveness

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seaso...aRuns/dir/desc
I'm sure that takes into account the (assumed) insanely high percentage of Mahomes' runs that go for a 1st down. He is extremely cerebral, and I don't get that same vibe from Allen.

But sometimes you've gotta include the ol' eye test too. Allen is bigger, stronger, faster, and has most volume and efficiency stats on his side. Mahomes is quicker and has a higher football IQ.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Allen has a half a yard better YPC average and significantly more red zone carries.

Of course Allen has more TD's, he gets a lot more opportunities.
Right, and I think that speaks to how dangerous Allen is as a runner.

Averaging a half a yard more per carry is a big deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 01-22-2021
I'm sure that takes into account the (assumed) insanely high percentage of Mahomes' runs that go for a 1st down. He is extremely cerebral, and I don't get that same vibe from Allen.

But sometimes you've gotta include the ol' eye test too. Allen is bigger, stronger, faster, and has most volume and efficiency stats on his side. Mahomes is quicker and has a higher football IQ.

You made my point in your first two paragraphs. :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 02:21 PM 01-22-2021

Yes, I think that metric attempts to focus on how impactful each run might be. Mahomes is pretty clutch and smart. Picks and chooses the right moments to kill a defense with his legs, but 99% of the time he would prefer to throw it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM 01-22-2021
Yes, I think that metric attempts to focus on how impactful each run might be. Mahomes is pretty clutch and smart. Picks and chooses the right moments to kill a defense with his legs, but 99% of the time he would prefer to throw it.
Exactly.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:28 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Some in the league think Allen has caught Mahomes: :-)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...trick-mahomes/

[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:02 PM 01-22-2021
You made my point in your first two paragraphs. :-)
How? Allen is superior in nearly every way we'd measure them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:21 PM 01-22-2021
How? Allen is superior in nearly every way we'd measure them.

When Mahomes runs, it's almost always a big play. A big first down, a TD on 3rd and long.

He's surgical.

There's no comparison between him and Allen. Allen is big and runs hard. Patrick Mahomes is infinitely more clutch.

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:22 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:32 PM 01-24-2021
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
[Reply]
TLO 08:33 PM 01-24-2021
Time to lock this thread and send it to the Hall of Shame.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 35
« First < 232930313233 3435 >
Up