ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 329 of 386
« First < 229279319325326327328329 330331332333339379 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Female Joffery with a dragon is an extreme threat to humanity in Westeros.
Nah.

She'll killl lots of humans, but she won't wipe humanity off the map. The Night King would have.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:27 PM 05-13-2019
People saying Dany made this "surprise" heel turn are only looking at the positive/good guy virtues she's shown in the past. She's made many MANY references to "taking what is hers with fire and blood" and "burning cities to the ground." She is very impulsive. I don't think yesterday way a character assassination...it was just Dany being Dany without any advisors around to steer her.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:38 PM 05-13-2019
https://reddit.app.link/i8Sc87LNFW
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:42 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Cersei’s death was great.

This show is about consequences for your decisions, right?

She was told as a girl her three blonde children would die. She spends her entire life trying to avoid that prophecy and yet watched helplessly as Joffrey dies, Myrcella is shipped away, and Tommen literally dies by suicide as a result of her decision-making.

In her final moments, she and her unborn baby die as a consequence of her going to war against Dany and baiting her with the death of Dany’s closest friend.

She dies with Jaime’s arms around her neck, not in the way we imagined, but almost in a bigger twist of the knife - because she was undeniably the cause of her and her line’s demise.
I’m not convinced she is dead.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 PM 05-13-2019

"Look to my coming, at first light, on the sixth episode. As the credits roll, forget this shit and watch a LoTR marathon. "
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:45 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
To me it's exactly what they did with Jamie. They took ten years of character development and just trashed it, like it never happened.
How?
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:50 PM 05-13-2019
It's kind of endearing watching folks twist themselves into pretzels to try and rationalize what's gone on with the show.

It does make some sense here, though. It's reminiscent of Chiefs discussions in the '00s. Always finding that silver lining.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:55 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's kind of endearing watching folks twist themselves into pretzels to try and rationalize what's gone on with the show.

It does make some sense here, though. It's reminiscent of Chiefs discussions in the '00s. Always finding that silver lining.
This last episode was the breaking point for me.

There isn't going to be some grand revelation, no cool twist.

It's just a bunch of lazy ass bullshit. The least creative writing I've ever seen in this show.

"Deus Ex Machina Arya"

"Rocks fall, everybody dies."

"Misery"

What a boring ass season. CGI wankery with paper thin plot and fucked up characters.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:05 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don’t think a rescue crew is coming to pull her out of the rubble. She’s gone.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:09 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by :
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly about her death scene with Jaime in the Red Keep, Lena said her reaction was "mixed" initially, stating: "I wanted her to have some big piece or fight with somebody.

"(But) the more we talked about it, the more it seemed like the perfect end for her. They came into the world together and now they leave together.

"I think the important thing is that Jaime had a chance at freedom [with Brienne] and finally liberated himself from Cersei. I think the biggest surprise is he came back for her.

"Cersei realizes just how she loves him and just how much he loves her. It’s the most authentic connection she’s ever had. Ultimately they belong together. It’s maybe the first time that Cersei has been at peace."
She’s dead.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:09 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Originally Posted by Pogue:
I don’t think a rescue crew is coming to pull her out of the rubble. She’s gone.

I'm not convinced that she's dead either. I could see Jon and Dany reconciling in the ruins of King's Landing and then suddenly Cersei, up from the rubble, dagger to the back of Dany. And then Arya kills her. Or Tyrion.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:10 PM 05-13-2019
Also I'm still holding out for the Blazing Saddles ending.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:10 PM 05-13-2019
Arya survived 3 buildings collapsing on her. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility. Especially since it seems to be a D&D move to give the audience a more gruesome death to villains.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:11 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'm not convinced that she's dead either. I could see Jon and Dany reconciling in the ruins of King's Landing and then suddenly Cersei, up from the rubble, dagger to the back of Dany. And then Arya kills her. Or Tyrion.
It’s been confirmed by the actress that played Cersei.

There’s no point in her character continuing on, she’s lost everything.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 05-13-2019
She’s dead.
the actors have given interviews before to throw off the scent of a surprise.

But, as I said, if this how GRRM wanted Cersi and Jamie to go out, that’s cool with me.
[Reply]
Page 329 of 386
« First < 229279319325326327328329 330331332333339379 > Last »
Up