ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 326 of 379
« First < 226276316322323324325326 327328329330336376 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:35 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by All22:
So you're expecting a wide-9 style look or 6-1 look that the Pats ran against the Rams?

I'd be surprised to see much of the wide-9 because it's basically daring us to run.

Wide-9 usually is a touch wider than that alignment, and the DEs go Dee Ford (blast uphill with no concern about anything else).

Clark and Suggs will be tasked with setting the edge and being disciplined, so that’s different.

I don’t know that they’ll walk the LB up. I expect they’ll come out in the basic front they used against Tennessee and adjust from that, if needed. Walking the LB up might be one of those adjustments.

San Francisco might adjust by calling more inside runs than outside zone, but that probably is more preferable to KC because it doesn’t hit the weakness of its defense (second-level speed) as much.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:37 AM 01-31-2020
Then can you specifically state what configuration you expect them to be in? When you say "similar to what NE did against the Rams", that's the 6-1.

The Packers didn't put 5 guys between the tackles. They put 3 guys over the center and guards then had the Smith's linedup outside of the tackles or even sometimes outside of the TE. So I assumie you didn't mean the same configuration, right?

That Packers formation basically created a huge alley outside of the DE but between the LB. When the LB tried to adjust to fill that alley, space was created outside.

Jonnydel does a great job of showing the scheme here:
youtu.be/OrPj-QukWpQ

JT O'Sullivan's QB school did a long breakdown of every run play.

I understand what the Packers tried to do.

I also understand what the Pats did.

I ALSO understand what the Chiefs did just 10 days ago. If they didn't stack the box against the Titans, they won't do it against the 49'ers. The Titans run basically the same blocking schemes, though the 49'ers have more speed and use a lot of misdirection. If we could handle the physicality of Tennessee, with their huge, mauling line and 250 pound Derrick Henry, then it makes no sense at all that we would try to beef up the box more against the 49'ers, leaving ourselves open to the off-tackle outside runs.

They made a statement against Tennessee that we were going to do what we do, and make you beat it. I expect they'll do the same this week. We'll stay in our rush lanes, we'll contain outside with our DE's, we'll clog the middle with our hungry pigs, and flow to the ball. We'll play disciplined, tough football just like we have for the last 8 games.

We're going to force Jimmy G. to beat us. Maybe you feel like he can; and perhaps you'll be right.

But I doubt it.

If you think you guys are just going to run roughshod over us as if we were Green Bay or Minnesota, you're mistaken.
[Reply]
Hern 08:40 AM 01-31-2020
Can’t wait till Sunday!!!!

Never have I ever felt more excited to play a game that we’ll lose by 30!!!

Lesssssssssssss Goooooooooooo!!!!!
[Reply]
All22 08:40 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
Essentially, most people are taking SF solely based off their pass rush.

We've heard this narrative before last year when KC had the top pass rush in the league and everyone hyped up our defensive line.

We got ZERO sacks against Brady in the AFCCG.
I'd be surprised if we got a ton of sacks.

I think the 49ers offense beats up on the Chiefs D. The 49ers D goes wide-9 with two safeties deep nearly the entire game and dare the Chiefs to run it.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:42 AM 01-31-2020

I think the 49ers offense beats up on the Chiefs D. The 49ers D goes wide-9 with two safeties deep nearly the entire game and dare the Chiefs to run it.
Spoiler alert: the Chiefs will not run it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:43 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Spoiler alert: the Chiefs will not run it.

spoiler alert: Mahomes will just take off. It's literally what Tennessee did on his 27 yard TD run.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:44 AM 01-31-2020
Can't wait for Skip to swallow his dick after his terrible takes all year and this week.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:47 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
spoiler alert: Mahomes will just take off. It's literally what Tennessee did on his 27 yard TD run.
Crazy thing about that play is that the Titans even had a QB spy. Didn't matter.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:49 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Can't wait for Skip to swallow his dick after his terrible takes all year and this week.
If you know anything about Skip, he will never admit to being wrong. He will debate an argument/excuse to WHY things didn't go the way he predicted.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:51 AM 01-31-2020

We’ve seen that defense before. If you’re going to have an extra player deep, we’ll just attack the middle of the field.

The Bears did that and we killed them in the intermediate level of the field again and again.

Mahomes has grown significantly in that area this year. He’s become patient and will sacrifice for an easy 5 yards on 1st down if he has to.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:51 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Hern:
Can’t wait till Sunday!!!!

Never have I ever felt more excited to play a game that we’ll lose by 30!!!

Lesssssssssssss Goooooooooooo!!!!!
no, man, don't sell yourself short. It'll only by 18.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:52 AM 01-31-2020
A few things I've heard and read....
Dan orlovsky has a great breakdown of cover 3. The Chiefs are going to mess around a ton with motion. It's a good cover 3 beater and Andy does it as well as anybody.

Ray Lewis believes you look at where Richard Sherman is and hitch hitch hitch all day long if they're giving you the cover 3 look.

Lots of people believe the Chiefs need to get the ball out quickly. But also plenty who question if mahomes mobility will cause some problems. Id bet the Chiefs plan a lot of designed rollouts.

Inside the NFL talked about how the 49ers are vulnerable on runs up the middle and should use Damien williams. I just don't think that's our game. We saw this playoffs why it's better for us to attack bigger chunks instead of relying on our receivers to catch 3rd down passes.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:53 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
I don’t think Skip even believes what he says. He just says it to be contrarian. If you listen enough you will notice that he sometimes slips up.
[Reply]
All22 08:55 AM 01-31-2020
I understand what the Packers tried to do.

I also understand what the Pats did.

I ALSO understand what the Chiefs did just 10 days ago. If they didn't stack the box against the Titans, they won't do it against the 49'ers. The Titans run basically the same blocking schemes, though the 49'ers have more speed and use a lot of misdirection. If we could handle the physicality of Tennessee, with their huge, mauling line and 250 pound Derrick Henry, then it makes no sense at all that we would try to beef up the box more against the 49'ers, leaving ourselves open to the off-tackle outside runs.

They made a statement against Tennessee that we were going to do what we do, and make you beat it. I expect they'll do the same this week. We'll stay in our rush lanes, we'll contain outside with our DE's, we'll clog the middle with our hungry pigs, and flow to the ball. We'll play disciplined, tough football just like we have for the last 8 games.

We're going to force Jimmy G. to beat us. Maybe you feel like he can; and perhaps you'll be right.

But I doubt it.

If you think you guys are just going to run roughshod over us as if we were Green Bay or Minnesota, you're mistaken.
The Titans and 49ers blocking schemes aren't that similar.The Titans outside zone typically aims one or two gaps inside of where ours aims and we run a lot more trap, power, jet sweep, toss etc than they do.

Shanahan is smart enough not to just run at Chris Jones all day.

Anyone who has to set the edge against Kittle and Juice also have to cover them in play-action.
[Reply]
All22 08:57 AM 01-31-2020
That run was the worst tackling. I laughed so hard. The Titans made Mahomes look like Prime Cam Newton or Chris Carson.
[Reply]
Page 326 of 379
« First < 226276316322323324325326 327328329330336376 > Last »
Up