ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 325 of 386
« First < 225275315321322323324325 326327328329335375 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:37 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Well never fucking mind. GRRM put an end to this speculation.

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/
we all knew it was BS.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:44 PM 05-13-2019
Been reading, and hearing, a LOT of bad things about this season

It’s starting to sound exactly like how TWD mailed in its last season with Rick, they have too many loose ends to tie up and not enough time to do it in a way that makes sense

I’ll still be renting it when it comes out, but it kinda sounds like a dud
[Reply]
DaFace 04:49 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

It’s starting to sound exactly like how TWD mailed in its last season with Rick, they have too many loose ends to tie up and not enough time to do it in a way that makes sense

Eh, I've stepped back from the ledge a tiny bit. It's far from a perfect season. But it'll get us to the end in a way that isn't completely useless.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:53 PM 05-13-2019

The majority of the complainers are book purists. I'd imagine most of even the biggest complainers have still been thoroughly entertained. To call the season bad is a huge exaggeration when compared to shows like dexter. It isn't a perfect run to the end but it certainly isn't bad.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:57 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The majority of the complainers are book purists. I'd imagine most of even the biggest complainers have still been thoroughly entertained. To call the season bad is a huge exaggeration when compared to shows like dexter. It isn't a perfect run to the end but it certainly isn't bad.
It's a mediocre ending. People comparing it to Dexter or Lost are out of their goddamned minds. The only thing bad is the writing in spots and the rushed pace. Everything else from the actors on down to the music is still top notch. You'd have an extremely hard time making a power hour of Daenerys and Drogon slaughtering people while other characters either have their emotional sendoffs or bloody duels to the death boring.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:03 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, I've stepped back from the ledge a tiny bit. It's far from a perfect season. But it'll get us to the end in a way that isn't completely useless.
I’ve barely looked at this thread lately for fear of spoilers, but you do sound less than pleased overall here

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
My work buddies haven’t read the books, but they aren’t too happy with how it’s shaping up

Oh well I guess, bad GOT is surely still better than anything else on tv... looking forward to judging for myself
[Reply]
DaFace 05:04 PM 05-13-2019
I actually bet this season would be better if you could binge it. It's the sitting around and actually thinking about what happened in each episode that gets you. If you just try not to think about it too much, it's pretty enjoyable.

So perhaps that's my advice. Binge watch it on a slow Saturday. Preferably while mildly inebriated.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:08 PM 05-13-2019
I actually bet this season would be better if you could binge it. It's the sitting around and actually thinking about what happened in each episode that gets you. If you just try not to think about it too much, it's pretty enjoyable.

So perhaps that's my advice. Binge watch it on a slow Saturday. Preferably while mildly inebriated.
The ability to binge is exactly why I love renting the whole season they come out

It’s so damn good that you wanna see what happens next RIGHT NOW
[Reply]
penchief 05:13 PM 05-13-2019

I don't know, man. I haven't been disappointed. I feel like the story lines and characters have been great from beginning to end. It sounds like we've become a bit spoiled by the show's overall greatness. I haven't had any expectations for these final episodes and have thoroughly enjoyed this season.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:21 PM 05-13-2019

Not even close. Don't let these guys dissuade you. It's not perfect. It's not as well written as it was, but it's still THE best T.V experience out there. And if you like CGI and action sequences then this is the season for you.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:23 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
I don't know, man. I haven't been disappointed. I feel like the story lines and characters have been great from beginning to end. It sounds like we've become a bit spoiled by the show's overall greatness. I haven't had any expectations for these final episodes and have thoroughly enjoyed the this season.
Fair enough, I’m just an interested bystander right now who hopes they rush it to the shelves asap
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:29 PM 05-13-2019

This season would be awesome if you watched season 1 first, and then watched season 8, and totally forget that anything else happened in between. I mean, sure, there'd be a couple people you don't recognize, but it's a show about dragons. It doesn't have to make sense.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:33 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
This season would be awesome if you watched season 1 first, and then watched season 8, and totally forget that anything else happened in between. I mean, sure, there'd be a couple people you don't recognize, but it's a show about dragons. It doesn't have to make sense.
I’m not that salty. Yet. We’ll see how they pull off
Spoiler!

Watch everything up to Season 7, Episode 5 when the Tarlys burn.

Start watching Season 8, Episode 4.

It aligns. It actually does. They just decided to make the WW into a Macguffin to bring the characters together and make Dany a vulnerable ruler who questions her worthiness to the throne for a few eps. Whatevs.

They were definitely building to the Mad Queen, though. They always were. GRRM included.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:35 PM 05-13-2019
I’ve barely looked at this thread lately for fear of spoilers, but you do sound less than pleased overall here

My work buddies haven’t read the books, but they aren’t too happy with how it’s shaping up

Oh well I guess, bad GOT is surely still better than anything else on tv... looking forward to judging for myself
My work friends are mostly mad that it’s not going towards a Targaryen restoration.
[Reply]
temper11 05:38 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this was just like the red wedding but instead of being mad at the lannisters i ****ing hate Benioff and Weiss

I know! They have ruined my childhood! Everything that we came to love about Dany over all these years and they just turned her into a miserable, bitter old bitch! They have ruined the GOT franchise! I say we all boycott the upcoming prequals to teach them a lesson! And we should boycott any other project that Benioff and Weiss are involved in as well - they should never work in Hollywood again. And f*** HBO too - those a-holes.

I don't know why these ****s don't have Chiefsplanet write this stuff because the arcs would go exactly the way everyone wanted them to. Idiots!

[Reply]
Page 325 of 386
« First < 225275315321322323324325 326327328329335375 > Last »
Up