ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3241 of 4908
« First < 2241274131413191323132373238323932403241 324232433244324532513291334137414241 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:59 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
So what you are saying is your GM wasted a 2nd round pick on a backup? :-)
The paton plan!
[Reply]
tredadda 09:59 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
It was an awful decision. Even Hackett’s admitting it now. They weren’t up against the 85 Bears defense. They were playing a terrible Seattle defense that was giving up 5+ yard chunks all day. I would have been surprised if they didn’t convert on 4th and 5.
5+ yard chunks all day except where it mattered……in the red zone.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 10:06 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Imagine bragging about your pass rush when they did virtually nothing outside of Chubb against two rookie OT's, an interior missing it's best player, and a QB like Geno.
Not to mention that Chubb picked up a Roughing call. Definitely deserved and yet he whined about it afterward.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:41 AM 09-14-2022
Knowmo when are you going to admit that everything I told you in the offseason was true? The bad Denver O line, the holes all over the secondary/LBs inability to cover, Russell's decline (you can take out the fluke TD to Judy as that was an absolute garbage throw), poor coaching, losing to a bottom 5 team wasn't expected but furthered my points
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:44 AM 09-14-2022
Remember when the Chiefs lost to Locker and the Titans in the opener? Tennessee won one game that year. This I'd as bad a loss as that. Could Russ be an aging Alex at this stage in his career. Down right scary the play in the redzone....
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:01 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
They dont have any real superstars...more like fan adulation for being the tallest midget.
That's so offensive... more like the tallest short person.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:33 AM 09-14-2022
Bet you regret mocking the "sources" now Mania with your PA BS :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:43 AM 09-14-2022
The Athletic wrote an article about Wilson's declining athleticism. Florio and others too. And a lot of people pointed out how flabby he'd been looking. Plus, his rushing yds have fallen off a cliff.

Yet, one by one, Denver fans laughed it off and told us that none of it mattered and he's still in his prime. It may not matter that much for some QBs, but mobility is a massive part of his game, especially since he can't see over his OL.

Wilson's an upgrade over Lockweiler, Bridgewater or Flacco, but I really doubt he'll be worth what they gave up + the contract. He'll probably have plenty of games that look pretty good on the statsheet (like the other night), but he'll be relying heavily on YAC and dump-offs to the RBs. Wasn't surprised that Williams was his favorite target the other night.

When he faces defenses that can bring some pressure and are competent vs the run, he might get flat out shut down.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:55 AM 09-14-2022

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:05 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
How naive. People literally get paid to criticize head coaches. As long as the outcome is negative, MMQBs pretending to be sports "journalists" will always criticize the losing head coach.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Of course some in the media would criticize it.....but all Hackett would have to say is "this is the exact situation for why we went out and got a Russell Wilson in the first place, and we felt at the time that we'd rather take our chances with that, then attempt a 64 yard field goal....." and if the media wants to flame away, well, so be it.....

But he can't do that because he sent everyone a message that he trusts more in a low probability field goal than his high $$$ QB who the Donkos banked their entire franchise on.....

so no, it wasn't a "right decision", it was an awful decision, and if Hackett can't stand up and say, with confidence, he made the right decision (which he isn't at this point), then maybe he should be selling insurance or something.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:20 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The Athletic wrote an article about Wilson's declining athleticism. Florio and others too. And a lot of people pointed out how flabby he'd been looking. Plus, his rushing yds have fallen off a cliff.

Yet, one by one, Denver fans laughed it off and told us that none of it mattered and he's still in his prime. It may not matter that much for some QBs, but mobility is a massive part of his game, especially since he can't see over his OL.

Wilson's an upgrade over Lockweiler, Bridgewater or Flacco, but I really doubt he'll be worth what they gave up + the contract. He'll probably have plenty of games that look pretty good on the statsheet (like the other night), but he'll be relying heavily on YAC and dump-offs to the RBs. Wasn't surprised that Williams was his favorite target the other night.

When he faces defenses that can bring some pressure and are competent vs the run, he might get flat out shut down.
Hackett has his work cut out for him...an undermanned roster plus trying to learn on the fly. After all the off-season hype...people are expecting instant results.

Carroll just laid out the blueprint...when teams start to take away Wilson's RB outlet, things are going to get interesting. He's not going to see rookie CBs and backup safeties every week.

Hackett better make it work...because he has no real resources to improve the team for a few years. What you see is as good as it's going to get...talent wise. They are an injury to Jeudy, Sutton, Gregory or Chubb away from crashing and burning...especially at WR.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:38 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Bet you regret mocking the "sources" now Mania with your PA BS :-)
Why? You seriously offered up nothing more than "I hear there are concerns with their Oline" or "Sources say Hacket is being questioned".

I mean honestly, was there one thing that you were specific about that was more than the consensus thoughts of most on this message board?

I don't regret mocking anything because you do not have any sources.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:05 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
And if they go for it, and they don't get it, the media would say that sources on the team said that McManus was hitting from 65 yards in warm-ups, and they would talk about how Hackett didn't trust his coaches or his kicker to win a game.

After 2 fumbles on the goal line, picking up a 4th & 5 was a crap shoot at best. Hell, the Denver ball carrier/receiver could have been fighting to get the 1st down and fumbled again.

Hindsight is always 20/20, especially when the outcome is negative.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
There are cameras everywhere even during warmups and game time is harder than warm ups.

How did he do from 60+ during warm ups? Did he try any?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:07 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Why? You seriously offered up nothing more than "I hear there are concerns with their Oline" or "Sources say Hacket is being questioned".

I mean honestly, was there one thing that you were specific about that was more than the consensus thoughts of most on this message board?

I don't regret mocking anything because you do not have any sources.
Bullshit. You morons had plenty of posts from known Bronco Homers that cover your team you were beating off to. I told you what reality was.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:09 PM 09-14-2022
Can Mr. Limited cook up another loss this week? Cheap pile high air, so if he loses this one Fire Paton
[Reply]
Page 3241 of 4908
« First < 2241274131413191323132373238323932403241 324232433244324532513291334137414241 > Last »
Up