ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 324 of 386
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328334374 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
DaFace 02:40 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I believe they did follow most of what GRRM had set to happen in the end. I think what makes GRRM's writing so good was the journey to get to places though... not necessarily the outcome. They have completely screwed with the journey.
No disagreement there.
[Reply]
Bump 02:45 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm pretty convinced that Dany laying waste to King's Landing is straight from GRRM. The path they took to get here was a little iffy, but it's exactly the kind of thing he'd do. Couple that with the scene from Season 2 where Dany is walking through the throne room all covered in "snow," and I think it's clear this has been planned for a LONG time.
Ya maybe, I haven't read the books so I'm just going off of what he said. He was going on a bit how they didn't include the 3rd targaryen that took over Storms End or something like that.
[Reply]
Pogue 02:57 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I believe they did follow most of what GRRM had set to happen in the end. I think what makes GRRM's writing so good was the journey to get to places though... not necessarily the outcome. They have completely screwed with the journey.
I blame HBO and their budget for the last two seasons.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:01 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
I blame HBO and their budget for the last two seasons.
HBO wanted more than 6 episodes.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/...-final-season/
[Reply]
Pogue 03:06 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
HBO wanted more than 6 episodes.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/...-final-season/
I stand corrected, but why couldn’t the show have transitioned from D&D? Hand it off to someone else to to over the reigns?

Originally Posted by :
"I don't know," Martin explained last year at the Emmys. "Ask David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] when they come through. We could have gone to 11, 12, 13 seasons, but I guess they wanted a life.”

[Reply]
Frazod 03:07 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Finale reveal

Spoiler!
Not true!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:50 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I have a buddy who's really into GoT and read all the books and he's pissed lol. "these fucking writers just shit all over the books, nothing after the first 3 books even happens blah blah blah"
In their defense, it would be extremely difficult to have a truly accurate adaptation after the third book. Martin just had soooo many more characters, each with their little subplots and strings of events that would be difficult for the average TV viewer to follow. Plus, so. much. more. fantasy. I mentioned it earlier but in the books krakens and unicorns are real, Euron has Valyrian steel armor and a magical dragon-controlling horn, Euron's brother Victarion has a flaming hand gifted by a red priest, etc.. I don't think including everything would make for a very 'clean' presentation.

I'll give these dudes credit if no one else will. They've cocked up some shit here and there, but this show was undeniably incredible for the first four seasons. They did a hell of a job with the castings. They even had some fantastic original content as well, namely everything with Tywin and Arya at Harrenhal and I believe The Hound and Arya running into Lorch ("every fucking chicken"), which are worth the price of admission alone.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:55 PM 05-13-2019
Off the top of my head, the only thing they fucked up to an unforgivable degree was the entire Jaime and Bronn in Dorne subplot and literally everything about Euron.
[Reply]
Hawk 04:06 PM 05-13-2019
Oh man, the actor that plays Barristan Selmy says GRRM has finished Books 6 and 7 but promised D&D he'd wait until after the show ended to release them. If only this is true...if only!

https://tvweb.com/george-rr-martin-g...rdIM3V2PF72tdI
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 04:10 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler!
Mahomes would have Full Countered that shit back like Meliodas.

[Reply]
Hawk 04:10 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
In their defense, it would be extremely difficult to have a truly accurate adaptation after the third book. Martin just had soooo many more characters, each with their little subplots and strings of events that would be difficult for the average TV viewer to follow. Plus, so. much. more. fantasy. I mentioned it earlier but in the books krakens and unicorns are real, Euron has Valyrian steel armor and a magical dragon-controlling horn, Euron's brother Victarion has a flaming hand gifted by a red priest, etc.. I don't think including everything would make for a very 'clean' presentation.

I'll give these dudes credit if no one else will. They've cocked up some shit here and there, but this show was undeniably incredible for the first four seasons. They did a hell of a job with the castings. They even had some fantastic original content as well, namely everything with Tywin and Arya at Harrenhal and I believe The Hound and Arya running into Lorch ("every ****ing chicken"), which are worth the price of admission alone.
You have to include the Hound vs. Brienne fight as well, I loved that scene.

And then their absolute BEST work that was not in the books (alluded to, but not shown) was the Hardhome episode in Season 5 Episode 8. That was one of the best episodes in the whole series, and there was nothing to really draw on from the books for that one.

They have rushed the ending to this great show which is unfortunate, but they have certainly done a lot of good stuff with it over the years.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:10 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I'll give these dudes credit if no one else will. They've cocked up some shit here and there, but this show was undeniably incredible for the first four seasons. They did a hell of a job with the castings. They even had some fantastic original content as well, namely everything with Tywin and Arya at Harrenhal and I believe The Hound and Arya running into Lorch ("every fucking chicken"), which are worth the price of admission alone.

On balance, this.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:12 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
I stand corrected, but why couldn’t the show have transitioned from D&D? Hand it off to someone else to to over the reigns?
How far do you want to go? Is it the same show when 30 year old Maisie Williams is doing this or watching almost 50 year old knights go into battle ? It's a wonder most of the cast has even stayed alive in real life. Way too many shows have run too long. Would squeezing a few more episodes have been worth waiting a few more months for this season and would the cast and crew even have the energy for it? The show probably didn't hit the sweet spot with ideal number of seasons and episodes. But there are a lot of good reasons to wrap it up quickly. Imagine if the series got handed to a showrunners who dextered the hell out of the ending. People may not love how the series is ending but deep down inside even the biggest haters have to be somewhat satisfied with it.
[Reply]
Hawk 04:15 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Oh man, the actor that plays Barristan Selmy says GRRM has finished Books 6 and 7 but promised D&D he'd wait until after the show ended to release them. If only this is true...if only!

https://tvweb.com/george-rr-martin-g...rdIM3V2PF72tdI
Well never fucking mind. GRRM put an end to this speculation.

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:18 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Well never fucking mind. GRRM put an end to this speculation.

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/
:-)
[Reply]
Page 324 of 386
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328334374 > Last »
Up