ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 323 of 663
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327333373423 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:29 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
UFC 193 is Lawler vs Carlos Condit.

Assuming that main card is supported at all with even one other good fight, I'm in for the PPV. I'm a pretty big Lawler fan.
That's a pretty lame main event IMO.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:43 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
That has fight of the year potential. Great matchup stylistically.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:04 PM 08-05-2015
UFC 193 is Lawler vs Carlos Condit.

Assuming that main card is supported at all with even one other good fight, I'm in for the PPV. I'm a pretty big Lawler fan.
I looooove Carlos Condit.
[Reply]
frankotank 08:19 AM 08-06-2015
If this has already been posted then sorry…..Q!

Have you seen the Mayhem interview on Real sports on HBO?
He starts at 12:20 if you don’t wanna watch the whole thing. But the whole thing is interesting.
Several things about this annoy me (not just the Mayhem interview...the whole segment). Making the insinuation that all MMA fighters are likely to be dicks is uncool. If every MMA fighter was a dick….there would be bodies littered everywhere. And if you watch the whole thing then you’ll here Bryant “Pompous ASSHOLE” Gumbel say “Well considering the clientele is this really surprising?” WTF is your PROBLEM prick! Way to insult an entire fanbase!

Anyways….back to Mayhem. I am disappoint. LOVED his bully show. The guy is totally wasted in this interview….but he has a couple GEMS in here though.
At one point he goes “Look….your cuffed jeans are really cool….but I….BEAT….GUYS….UP!” Another point the guy is saying…so someone like you is pretty dangerous and he whispers “I’m a WEAPON.” Hahaha. At another point he says….I can take down every guy in the room in seconds like (then goes into judo chops and shit and then says) MARTIAL ARTS. HAHAHA. Too funny.

To be clear I do not think beating on ladies is funny....by Mayhems behavior in the interview is.

http://www.mma-core.com/news/Video_W...y_Mack/1107012
[Reply]
alnorth 09:29 PM 08-07-2015
That HBO show was a clear, pathetic, selfishly-motivated hit piece on MMA. HBO sports depends on people's interest in boxing, and MMA has probably harmed their business. There are dirtbags in every sport.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:31 PM 08-07-2015
This free card tomorrow is very good by free card standards. Not spectacular, but very good. 4 of the 6 fights on the main card are very interesting and 3 are very relevant to the title picture. It really drops off in the prelims, but eh, what do you want out of a FS1 fight night.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:49 PM 08-08-2015
Wow, Amanda Nunes just obliterated McMann with a rnd 1 TKO. She's probably going to be in the 2016 conversation for Rousey.
[Reply]
thabear04 09:03 PM 08-08-2015
Wow, Amanda Nunes just obliterated McMann with a rnd 1 TKO. She's probably going to be in the 2016 conversation for Rousey.
She don't knock her out. But she did landed some good hits. I didn't think McMann would give up so easy.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:26 PM 08-08-2015
Well, that was a pretty bad decision, but Dariush handled it with class. I love it when a fighter is honest enough to acknowledge that he probably shouldn't have won the decision.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:30 PM 08-08-2015
Well, that was a pretty bad decision, but Dariush handled it with class. I love it when a fighter is honest enough to acknowledge that he probably shouldn't have won the decision.
He didnt say that. Just said it could have gone either way, not that Johnson was robbed.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:32 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
He didnt say that. Just said it could have gone either way, not that Johnson was robbed.
Most fighters will unflinchingly defend their controversial win and say he definitely won in the face of criticism. Dariush said he would have totally understood if the other hand was raised. That is very rare.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:53 PM 08-08-2015
Most fighters will unflinchingly defend their controversial win and say he definitely won in the face of criticism. Dariush said he would have totally understood if the other hand was raised. That is very rare.
Ive heard lot of guys justify BS wins by saying it was close and could have gone either way. He defended the decsion by saying maybe his kicks and jab was the difference.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:05 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
:-)
[Reply]
alnorth 11:24 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Ive heard lot of guys justify BS wins by saying it was close and could have gone either way. He defended the decsion by saying maybe his kicks and jab was the difference.
You need to put it into the context of his reaction and appearance. When he heard it was split, his reaction looked like "oh, a split, neat, but I still lost. wait, what?"

He was clearly, visibly, shocked. He wasn't trying to explain to the crowd why he thought he won, he was trying to think of some reason why the judges may have given it to him.

And then at the end, again, he said he would have understood if the other fighter's hand was raised. That is very rare.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:11 PM 08-11-2015

[Reply]
Page 323 of 663
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327333373423 > Last »
Up