ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 323 of 386
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327333373 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:11 PM 05-13-2019
Wait a minute. That fat bastard Varys was trying to slip the poison into the Starbucks cup and it got misplaced. God DAMN it, Varys
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:18 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
You're right...she totally had every reason to burn the innocent men, women, and children who DID NOTHING WRONG..........even though that 100% goes against the character they built with her.
The people didn't even like Cersei and she did not care for them. Dany's family built the Red Keep hundreds of years ago too.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:20 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Ah. Maybe she went full Mad Queen because someone forgot to get her daily Starbucks.

Especially after removing it from the picture. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 01:22 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh, I'm not even a little convinced that 'fire can't kill a Targaryn' is show canon. I think if you view the time that she walked through the fire pit as some kind of bizarre one-off when she was using magic and dragons eggs (afterall, it also hatched dragons), then Jon being burned when he rescued Jeor Mormont in season 2 works.

Let's not forget that B&W hate magic and mysticism - if they can make something a 1-time deal, they'll do it every time. I'd be damn disappointed if Jon suddenly becomes the unburnt as well.

It's just a bridge too far, IMO.

Quite a while ago I was wondering about the Targaryen fire resistance thing because I thought Jon Snow had been injured by fire at some point earlier in the show. I read a Reddit post in the search results that laid out a pretty believable cluster of events showing that there is no such thing as Targaryen fire resistance in the books, and pointed out that Dany is using magic she learned/acquired from that witch from back when her husband died.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:34 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Sad thing is that if Arya wouldn't have given up so easily after Sandor said some things about her not dying, then she could've just waited in the map room for Cersei to come waltzing past her and did the job easy. I thought Cersei got off way too good with her death, she didn't deserve the poetic nature of it. Jaime did, but if Arya would've killed Cersei, Jaime comes around the corner and sees her do it, goes into a rage, Arya kills him, or leaves him because she sees him dying anyways and Jaime dies next to Cersei's body. That would've been a more fitting end. This entire season has kind of neutered Cersei, outside of decapitating Messandai and putting a bunch of people into a causeway of death, I expected more time with her.
I like that idea. Much better.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:58 PM 05-13-2019
Seeing people's reactions to the ending episodes of GOT, I realize HBO's genius.

It's viral marketing for Curb Your Enthusiasm.
[Reply]
Bump 02:02 PM 05-13-2019
I have a buddy who's really into GoT and read all the books and he's pissed lol. "these fucking writers just shit all over the books, nothing after the first 3 books even happens blah blah blah"
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:03 PM 05-13-2019

Mahomes would have lived https://t.co/LfvPC44mqS

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) May 13, 2019

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:06 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Has Jon actually done anything this season? He rode Rhaegal and got chased around by undead Viserion for a bit. Gave that nice speech at the victory feast. Said "I don't want it" and "you're my queen" incessantly. Stood around while folks got slaughtered.

That pretty much cover it?
Finale reveal

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:07 PM 05-13-2019
https://youtu.be/eVyxnMM3ldc
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:17 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I have a buddy who's really into GoT and read all the books and he's pissed lol. "these ****ing writers just shit all over the books, nothing after the first 3 books even happens blah blah blah"
One day the books will be released. Imagine reading a book where in the important parts, you include a photo but instead you plug in a really cool video. One day I'd bet people will appreciate the latter half as an excellent companion piece to the book. Given the enormous challenges of actually finishing this the right way that might actually be better than d&d even pretending they could be grrm
[Reply]
DaFace 02:22 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I have a buddy who's really into GoT and read all the books and he's pissed lol. "these fucking writers just shit all over the books, nothing after the first 3 books even happens blah blah blah"
I'm pretty convinced that Dany laying waste to King's Landing is straight from GRRM. The path they took to get here was a little iffy, but it's exactly the kind of thing he'd do. Couple that with the scene from Season 2 where Dany is walking through the throne room all covered in "snow," and I think it's clear this has been planned for a LONG time.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:29 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
One day the books will be released. Imagine reading a book where in the important parts, you include a photo but instead you plug in a really cool video. One day I'd bet people will appreciate the latter half as an excellent companion piece to the book. Given the enormous challenges of actually finishing this the right way that might actually be better than d&d even pretending they could be grrm
I'm glad I don't read most books that get made into a movie even with the disclaimer they are only "based on" some book. Comparing a book, an entirely different medium, to film or tv is just absurd.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:29 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm pretty convinced that Dany laying waste to King's Landing is straight from GRRM. The path they took to get here was a little iffy, but it's exactly the kind of thing he'd do. Couple that with the scene from Season 2 where Dany is walking through the throne room all covered in "snow," and I think it's clear this has been planned for a LONG time.
Same with Bran's vision of a dragon flying over King's Landing from Season 4, Episode 2 (written by GRRM) as well as his vision in Season 6, Episode 6.

Honestly, they were nailing this conclusion for Dany all the way through the beginning of Season 7. It feels like they teased the love story with Jon and pregnancy to make her turn "tragic", but in practice it made it feel rushed.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:37 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I believe they did follow most of what GRRM had set to happen in the end. I think what makes GRRM's writing so good was the journey to get to places though... not necessarily the outcome. They have completely screwed with the journey.
[Reply]
Page 323 of 386
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327333373 > Last »
Up