ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 323 of 328
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:31 PM 10-03-2018
Giancarlo homering off Treinen was just about the most predictable thing ever.

This long ball era of baseball is lame. Bombs should have meaning.
[Reply]
sedated 12:35 PM 10-04-2018
There isn't an MLB postseason thread so I'll say this here - it royally blows that the smaller market teams get relegated to afternoon games and the MLB has to shove Dodgers/Yankees/RedSox in everyone's faces in prime time.

I'm way more excited about Brewers/Indians/Astros but will barely get to see any of them from the comfort of my couch. Same BS the Royals went through in 2014/2015.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:37 PM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
There isn't an MLB postseason thread so I'll say this here - it royally blows that the smaller market teams get relegated to afternoon games and the MLB has to shove Dodgers/Yankees/RedSox in everyone's faces in prime time.

I'm way more excited about Brewers/Indians/Astros but will barely get to see any of them from the comfort of my couch. Same BS the Royals went through in 2014/2015.
Well, FOX and TBS lose money if they put Milwaukee or Cleveland in primetime so IDK what you can do about it.
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:43 PM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
RIP Marty Pattin

RIP Duck.
[Reply]
zigbazah 07:14 PM 10-04-2018
moooossseee
[Reply]
sedated 03:07 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Well, FOX and TBS lose money if they put Milwaukee or Cleveland in primetime so IDK what you can do about it.
The games are on FS1 and MLB Network.

I doubt FS1's usual lineup of monster jam and replays of the X-games are holding back the primetime spot.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:38 PM 10-08-2018
Matt Cassel went to Mike Moustakas' HS

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:48 PM 10-08-2018
You mean the same high school that was dramatized into a Hollywood movie?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:08 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Matt Cassel went to Mike Moustakas' HS

Ridgemont?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:33 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Ridgemont?
Chatsworth

Alumni also include Kevin Spacey, Val Kilmer, Kirk Cameron
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:27 PM 10-09-2018
Kimbrel loads the bases then HBP's Neil Walker to cut the BoSox lead to 4-2..
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:29 AM 10-10-2018
So the book is now closed on the frauds in CLEVE (why DJ nut loved them is beyond me). Nice roster, 2 superstars + great rotation. The other 20 players aren't very good tho and no match for HOU or BOS or NY. I'd have put them 50-50 vs even OAK

Cleve vs KC/DET/Sux: 39-18 +153 diff
Cleve vs all other teams: 53-54 +17 diff

They feasted on 3 garbage teams that aren't even trying. And were .500 vs all others. Reminds me a lot of Nationals.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:32 AM 10-10-2018
So the book is now closed on the frauds in CLEVE (why DJ nut loved them is beyond me). Nice roster, 2 superstars + great rotation. The other 20 players aren't very good tho and no match for HOU or BOS or NY. I'd have put them 50-50 vs even OAK

Cleve vs all other teams: 53-53 +17 diff

They feasted on 3 garbage teams that aren't even trying. And were .500 vs all others. Reminds me a lot of Nationals.
I have an irrational hatred for Cleveland, so I love seeing their window start to close with nothing to show for it.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:21 AM 10-10-2018

Plus, they didn't exactly play inspiring ball against the Royals the last couple of months of the season. They beat us soundly for the season series, but looked super average against us when the younger guys ascended. They'll still likely win the central next year, but if a team has a surprise year in the central, the Indians could certainly implode.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:00 AM 10-10-2018

And the book may be closed on them winning a World Series.

They shed $50 million in payroll but will have some expensive arbitration cases, and also are losing Miller, Allen, and Michael Brantley to FA.

Brantley had a strong year and will command some major coin. Miller and Allen both struggled but will be more expensive than they were.

Unless Dolan is willing to go above and beyond this year’s payroll, it’s hard to see Cleveland plugging those gaps AND getting better for $50 million.
[Reply]
Page 323 of 328
« First < 223273313319320321322323 324325326327 > Last »
Up