ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 323 of 3903
« First < 223273313319320321322323 3243253263273333734238231323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:36 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, I don't get the curfew shit at all. Just another over the top reation.
Im telling you its to keep people from partying it up on St Patrick's Day in large groups.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:36 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Listening to Soren Petro talk about the coronavirus makes me want to puke.

Sports radio and talk shows ended for me early last week. There is really no reason to listen right now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:37 PM 03-16-2020

#BREAKING: The CDC now recommending no gatherings or groupings, everywhere, of more than 10. #COVID19

— 98.1 KMBZ (@KMBZradio) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:37 PM 03-16-2020

A message from me and my dad, @Melbrooks. #coronavirus #DontBeASpreader pic.twitter.com/Hqhc4fFXbe

— Max Brooks (@maxbrooksauthor) March 16, 2020

Mel brooks is a legend.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:37 PM 03-16-2020

BUSY BEACH! This is what @MyClearwater Beach looks like right now as spring break crowds flock to the sand. #Clearwater leaders haven’t decided if they should add a curfew or close beaches but they may vote on measures related to the #coronavirus this Thursday. @abcactionnews pic.twitter.com/jGoxQdYJg5

— Sarah J. Hollenbeck (@SarahHollenbeck) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:37 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
I smell a diseased rat.

Due to my personal lack of current, detailed information (as opposed to rumor and speculation) on the subject, I spent some time yesterday taking a look at CDC and WHO data regarding COVID-19 and the various known strains of seasonal flu. I also took the time to listen to several researchers and virologists voicing their views on COVID-19 (these were scientists ... NOT American media talking-head types). Based on both the global and US numbers, I'm concerned that we may be in the midst of one of the greatest deceptions in American history (medical or otherwise). Obviously, as a mere layperson, I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I do possess common sense and things simply aren't adding up.

I encourage everyone on this site to dig into the numbers and seek in-depth, professional opinions on the science. Something isn't "right".

If we're going to re-calibrate society, our economy, and our personal behavior, I'd like to think we're doing it based on reality. As of this moment, I have my doubts.

FAX
It's hard for me to imagine China deliberately sabotaging their economy over nothing. Also the reports coming out of hospitals in Italy are very real. Spain seems about to be next.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:37 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
If this thing survives the summer, it'll be next year...can see us getting slammed again when Fall/Winter hits.
[Reply]
Donger 01:38 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Trump saying this could last until "July to August, possibly longer"...wow...
SARS lasted over a year
[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:39 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
If this thing survives the summer, it'll be next year...can see us getting slammed again when Fall/Winter hits.
which is why the herd immunity idea is retarded is gonna mutate and hit us again in the fall.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:40 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
So, he self-quarantined over the weekend, got a positive today and makes a video with some chick two feet away from him?

Who is this guy?
He's a drug kingpin from Baltimore
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:40 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's like 90s Bannister Mall all over again.
[Reply]
neech 01:42 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
He doesn't sound like a black man.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:42 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I just ran some numbers and right now we are on pace to be about 1670 deaths below Italy if we maintain and reach the number of cases they have.

We are testing people with symptoms. Testing you now means dick if you're negative. You walk outside and talk to someone who has it and now we wasted a test on you and will eventually have to do another one.

You have to be living under a rock to think this.

Then again I guess we all are right now. I'm not trying to be rude but the lack of testing is the biggest problem.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:42 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It is my opinion that film releases will never be the same. The studios that I've worked for (WB, Fox, Disney, MGM) have been expecting this for a decade at least and I think this will hasten it.

I like seeing movies in theaters but streaming services will just charge more for new releases and not try to drive the public into theaters.
Universal is jumping into the Premium SVOD, with the Trolls sequel being released in April via Amazon, VUDU and Movies Anywhere for rental or purchase on the same day as the wide release:

NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell said in a statement: “Universal Pictures has a broad and diverse range of movies with 2020 being no exception. Rather than delaying these films or releasing them into a challenged distribution landscape, we wanted to provide an option for people to view these titles in the home that is both accessible and affordable. We hope and believe that people will still go to the movies in theaters where available, but we understand that for people in different areas of the world that is increasingly becoming less possible.”
[Reply]
neech 01:44 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
So..... Unconfirmed reports of Entire Border shut down this week, and Houston Curfew.

Thank god I just got done building my new AR.
AR 14?
[Reply]
Page 323 of 3903
« First < 223273313319320321322323 3243253263273333734238231323 > Last »
Up