ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 322 of 386
« First < 222272312318319320321322 323324325326332372 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:08 PM 05-13-2019
Forgot telling his siblings about his real name. That was important.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:11 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Has Jon actually done anything this season? He rode Rhaegal and got chased around by undead Viserion for a bit. Gave that nice speech at the victory feast. Said "I don't want it" and "you're my queen" incessantly. Stood around while folks got slaughtered.

That pretty much cover it?
Smoked his own dude. And to be fair I think it was him that knocked the NK off of Vyserion.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:11 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Hell, what 4 or 5 major kingdoms probably have dissolved into pretty kingdoms by now due to a huge power vacuum.

The show runners and script writers have no idea how a medieval society would respond to that event but that should be pretty obvious that they did no research for anything
This actually makes more sense than that event did as far as establishing power, because it involves a dragon that laid waste to an entire city. The army wasn't even needed.

She has the threat of "**** with me I"ll burn your ****ing city down too." It's like a napalm dropping bomber. There's nothing in the really real world to compare it to from that time. What do you think Genghis Khan would have done with a goddamn dragon? He was pretty effective at massacres without one.

Cercei had no nuclear option like that. She'd be locked up in the red keep and starved out by her own people and the armies of her rebelling enemies.

I'm not sure anyone wants to **** with Dany.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:13 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
He is a beloved and respected leader until he isn't. His troops decided that looting a city that was collapsing and being burnt around them was more important than their king.
I honestly have very little trouble with that. Grey Worm obviously gave 0 fucks and that’s what the Dothraki do so it’s tough to pull a unit out amidst chaos like that. I totally get that.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:18 PM 05-13-2019
One thing that was developed was Dany talking about how Cersei could use her "compassion", strategically, against her...and she was thinking of future generations. That the "bell" could be potentially a trap of some sorts...so she decided fight fire with...umm... more fire....a display of matching her ruthlessness.

Hell, she could have had green wildfire barrels laced all over that city....and blown the armies up, suckering them into thinking she had surrendered.

Come to think of it...there were green flames in some of the explosions.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:18 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
For everyone who thinks this was bad... I want to remind you that Cercei blew up a religious monument killing hundreds if not thousands including religious leaders and
some entire noble families while the king suicided himself from a window. She caused all of that and what happened?

She was crowned queen for this. There was no revolt by any regions enraged by the murder of their noble house. There was no uprising in the city for the dead mothers and fathers. No outrage that this powerful religious symbol was destroyed. No... the whole of the religion's power just vaporized. Poof!

I'm expecting the 7 people left in King's landing to name her queen and go about their business.
She killed Lancel and Kevan Lannister.

Kinslaying is supposedly the worst sin in Westeros, I thought.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:20 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I honestly have very little trouble with that. Grey Worm obviously gave 0 ****s and that’s what the Dothraki do so it’s tough to pull a unit out amidst chaos like that. I totally get that.
Oh, I don't mean them but the northman and vale troops. It would show a more stark difference between Jon and Dany. Jon has way more battle experience after all.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:21 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
She killed Lancel and Kevan Lannister.

Kinslaying is supposedly the worst sin in Westeros, I thought.
It's hard to keep track of who she killed.

It was such a half assed cringe moment. I was supposed to think she was a bad ass and all I could think was "What the fuck? How does THAT fucking work?"

Comparatively making people terrified as fuck by vaporizing a city makes WAY more sense when you have the ability to simply vaporize more.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:37 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It's hard to keep track of who she killed.

It was such a half assed cringe moment. I was supposed to think she was a bad ass and all I could think was "What the ****? How does THAT ****ing work?"

Comparatively making people terrified as **** by vaporizing a city makes WAY more sense when you have the ability to simply vaporize more.

Much more likely it unites people against her. If you are gonna burn anyway well you have a better chance fighting than surrendering. Aegon conquered because he actively courted alliances and accepted surrender.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:44 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He's played a big part, most everyone has.

Not every piece is a king or queen. Some are just pawns.
:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:57 PM 05-13-2019
If I was a citizen of Westeros give me Gendry Baratheon as King. Even with that miserable cunt Joffrey things were going relatively well. Now the Lannister whore makes things explode randomly by wildfire and that Targaryen bitch just fucked our city with a giant dragon.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:03 PM 05-13-2019
I guarantee you the only reason Danny torched the city was because it was the week before her period. Bitches be actin' out of their minds that week. It's the only explanation.

Pre-period week.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:07 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I guarantee you the only reason Danny torched the city was because it was the week before her period. Bitches be actin' out of their minds that week. It's the only explanation.

Pre-period week.
Frequent /r/incels poster, eh?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:07 PM 05-13-2019
I thought we called that Shark Week now?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:09 PM 05-13-2019
Ah. Maybe she went full Mad Queen because someone forgot to get her daily Starbucks.

[Reply]
Page 322 of 386
« First < 222272312318319320321322 323324325326332372 > Last »
Up