ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 322 of 3903
« First < 222272312318319320321322 3233243253263323724228221322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 01:25 PM 03-16-2020
no schools here until at least april 1

my kids werent going anyway, i made that decision when i heard the super.'s message yesterday patting himself on the back for moving to 4 day weeks because it allowed them to clean really well on mondays...

i decided right then either he was a fucking idiot or he thinks everyone else is and i dont trust him with the safety of my family.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:26 PM 03-16-2020

France's health minister is now advising to NOT take ibuprofen, for it might "aggravate" the virus. (And use acetaminophen instead.)

(I'd read advice to buy ibuprofen, and did so the other day, so passing for that reason:-)https://t.co/lTpi5H1N4Z

— Taniel (@Taniel) March 15, 2020

[Reply]
Strongside 01:29 PM 03-16-2020
Update.

My brother (who has had symptoms for the past few days) finally agreed to call the doctor. Doctor tells him to come in and get swabbed for the flu. His flu test is negative. Doctor tells him to go home and he will put him in touch with the state health board or whatever.

They call him. He lists his symptoms and then goes on to inform them that he was in NYC 10 days ago for work (I knew he had been traveling, but did not know to where...hadn't seen him in a couple weeks.) So he says they then get somewhat alarmed and tell him he needs to get tested.

They tell him someone from their team will call him back within the hour and tell him where to get tested.

Someone from the CDC, not the State, calls him back to inform him that they don't have enough tests in JoCo for him to be tested. That the test kits available are for high risk individuals.

And now the best part. His doctor's office will not allow them to come back in for a follow up or normal appointment because he and his household probably have this shit.

I'm not a doomsday prepper. I am not a conspiracy theorist.

But this, boys and girls, is SUPER FUCKED.
[Reply]
Donger 01:29 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
So, he self-quarantined over the weekend, got a positive today and makes a video with some chick two feet away from him?

Who is this guy?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:29 PM 03-16-2020
Great post, DJ.
[Reply]
tk13 01:29 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I just ran some numbers and right now we are on pace to be about 1670 deaths below Italy if we maintain and reach the number of cases they have.

We are testing people with symptoms. Testing you now means dick if you're negative. You walk outside and talk to someone who has it and now we wasted a test on you and will eventually have to do another one.
We are not. In general we are testing people with symptoms who meet specific criteria, like recent travel to a hotspot country or contact with someone else who tested positive. We are just now getting into the drive thru testing and things like that. But the virus is already here and spreading.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:30 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
no schools here until at least april 1

my kids werent going anyway, i made that decision when i heard the super.'s message yesterday patting himself on the back for moving to 4 day weeks because it allowed them to clean really well on mondays...

i decided right then either he was a fucking idiot or he thinks everyone else is and i dont trust him with the safety of my family.
My kids started their Online Schooling. All of the kids are in their "classrooms" for the middle school while the elementary schools are working with programs like Dreambox in addition to their regular assignments, which are turned in via email.

Both kids are enjoying it and FaceTiming friends on their breaks.

We'll see how they feel about it in a few months...
[Reply]
Jerm 01:31 PM 03-16-2020
Trump saying this could last until "July to August, possibly longer"...wow...
[Reply]
BWillie 01:31 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I guess we'll finally get answers to life long questions.....

How accurate was the Oregon Trail simulator?

Some people spent all of their money on TP, I spent all of mine on bullets and gas for my oxen.

TP guys won't make it to Ft Smith....
Can you shoot the virus in the face to eradicate it?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:31 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
II think the 'do nothing' crowd has largely evaporated but I worry the 'lock it down' crowd is going to do just as much damage if we don't recognize that at some point the drive to be 'more concerned' than the last guy who suggested something is just going to prolong the inevitable and in all likelihood permanently scar the nation that emerges. As a nation we have to keep moving forward to get through this. Keeping everyone locked in their houses for a month or longer won't do it.

I suspect this will do nothing but convince everyone that I'm an idiot, but such is life.
No offense but I'll take Dr. Fauci's advice over yours.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:32 PM 03-16-2020
I went out everyday the last week. I’ve went to the grocery store, restaurants & the mall.

Should I confine myself to my home now?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:33 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Here's what I'm wondering, assuming this stuff coming out that suggests asymptomatic people are actually the most contagious is true - what if we all just wore masks all the time in public until this is over? Doesn’t have to be N95, just the cheapy surgical ones. Govt could set up stations and hand them out.

Obviously it’s not going to stop everything from getting out - but if it catches the droplets that could make a big difference.
I'm really starting to think masks are the key, assuming people are contagious when they don't even feel sick, which is looking likely. Everyone already wears masks in Vietnam because of the pollution and they've hardly had any problems.

Just look at the contagion curves of the Asian countries. They're all wearing masks.

Again, a country of 96 million that borders China and trades more with China than any other country went 22 straight days without a new case of C-19 infection.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/co...s-4069186.html

Sure would be nice to just give everyone wearing masks in public a try for a while.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:34 PM 03-16-2020
Listening to Soren Petro talk about the coronavirus makes me want to puke.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:34 PM 03-16-2020
In most cases, I’m with DJ here.

But when Strongside presents a real world example like this - it’s clear we have to have a stoppage until we can ****ing test the people in this country to see what we’re working with.

To steal a military analogy, if we proceed business as usual and try to “shoot our way out” - we’d be like Robert E. Lee deciding to shoot our way out from the bottom of a hill at Gettysburg, a battle which ultimately swung the war to the North,

We need to wait for a better vantage point. My hope is that we can find an antiviral that is somewhat effective, give widespread testing to folks, and then shoot our way out from there.
[Reply]
tk13 01:35 PM 03-16-2020

When asked how long this (#COVID19) could last, President Trump says, from what he's been told, the reality of dealing with coronavirus could last until July or August.

— David Begnaud (@DavidBegnaud) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
Page 322 of 3903
« First < 222272312318319320321322 3233243253263323724228221322 > Last »
Up