ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 321 of 663
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331371421 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 01:14 PM 07-29-2015
Wanderlei Silva is not a smart man. One drunken night of rage-posting on Facebook is probably going to cost him a lot of money.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/u...fscom:ufconfox

Its one thing to be just some random nobody going off on the UFC because no one will pay attention, but fighters who are under contract and can get real media attention just can't do this.
[Reply]
Bufkin 01:40 PM 07-29-2015
Wanderlei has to have some significant brain damage going on. No joke.

Also, I put 100 bucks down on Bethe Correia. The odds when I made the bet were roughly 15 to 1. If Rousey wins (which is likely), I'm out 100 bucks. If Correia pulls of the upset, I'm going home with 1,500 dollars.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:44 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Wanderlei Silva is not a smart man. One drunken night of rage-posting on Facebook is probably going to cost him a lot of money.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/u...fscom:ufconfox

Its one thing to be just some random nobody going off on the UFC because no one will pay attention, but fighters who are under contract and can get real media attention just can't do this.
I agre he's not too bright, BUT what if he's telling the truth?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07-29-2015, 02:44 PM
This message has been deleted by SAUTO.
alnorth 02:54 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I agre he's not too bright, BUT what if he's telling the truth?
I might buy it if he's talking about the really old, ancient days of the UFC like if its UFC 5 or something when it was sometimes on PPV and sometimes not and there were threats of being banned and questions about the sport's future, and the Fertittas were bleeding red ink. Who knows what was going on back then.

Recently? No way in hell, for the same reason that the NFL is not fixed. Zuffa/NFL can make plenty of money by running a clean sport, but if the people find out that its fixed, the UFC/NFL could very well die. Seriously, if we actually uncovered proof that the NFL was fixing a few games here and there, I would immediately stop watching the Chiefs and the NFL, overnight, forever. The risk is too staggeringly high to do that, its also why sports leagues are paranoid about players gambling on their own sport.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:45 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
Wanderlei has to have some significant brain damage going on. No joke.

Also, I put 100 bucks down on Bethe Correia. The odds when I made the bet were roughly 15 to 1. If Rousey wins (which is likely), I'm out 100 bucks. If Correia pulls of the upset, I'm going home with 1,500 dollars.
I think you lost 100 dollars. I didn't think it was possible for me to be more impressed with Ronda's skills, but I just watched her public workout in Rio, and holy smokes. Yes, I know her trainers are setting everything up to make her look impressive but damn she's got skills, and her hands have definitely gotten better from looking at the boxing session at the end.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/29...-mma-wmma-news
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:40 AM 07-30-2015
I think you lost 100 dollars. I didn't think it was possible for me to be more impressed with Ronda's skills, but I just watched her public workout in Rio, and holy smokes. Yes, I know her trainers are setting everything up to make her look impressive but damn she's got skills, and her hands have definitely gotten better from looking at the boxing session at the end.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/29...-mma-wmma-news
There's only one woman who can even give her a decent fight and it's that dude Cyborg. She's just too damn good, even if she is fighting Javier Bardem.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:29 AM 07-30-2015
I might buy it if he's talking about the really old, ancient days of the UFC like if its UFC 5 or something when it was sometimes on PPV and sometimes not and there were threats of being banned and questions about the sport's future, and the Fertittas were bleeding red ink. Who knows what was going on back then.

Recently? No way in hell, for the same reason that the NFL is not fixed. Zuffa/NFL can make plenty of money by running a clean sport, but if the people find out that its fixed, the UFC/NFL could very well die. Seriously, if we actually uncovered proof that the NFL was fixing a few games here and there, I would immediately stop watching the Chiefs and the NFL, overnight, forever. The risk is too staggeringly high to do that, its also why sports leagues are paranoid about players gambling on their own sport.
you never know.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:22 AM 07-30-2015
you never know.
well, this is under "you never know, you could get struck by lightning tomorrow" territory.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:48 PM 07-30-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Jose Aldo is going to kill him. He or Frankie Edgar
Mendez beat....his.....ASS!
I LOVED it. right up until Mcgregor knocked him out....with mere seconds left in the round.

I thought they stopped that REAL QUICK! too quick.
dude had two weeks. stepped in. whooped connors ass for 99% of the round.
he is SO beatable and SUCH an asshole.

I wanna see Mendez / Mcgregor two when they both have a full camp to prep.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:21 PM 07-30-2015
This sounds kind of odd since Aldo hasn't lost in almost 10 years, but I think a well-prepared Mendes with a full camp has a better chance to beat Conor than Aldo does.

Conor still has a problem defending the takedown and grappling after he's down, he's got a lot of work to do there.

Chad's problem was that he takes time off between fights which is fine, a lot of fighters do that, but if you don't stay in shape then you can't take advantage of surprise short-notice opportunities. He took the fight because he thought he could win the fight quickly anyway, but he was starting to gas out before the KO and was not going to beat Conor in the championship rounds. With a full camp though...
[Reply]
alnorth 06:13 PM 07-30-2015
I assumed I was going to skip 190 because lol Bethe ain't beating Rousey, but they did a very good job with stacking that card with Brazilian legends who often deliver entertaining fights.

I'll probably end up buying the card since they filled it out so well, and since 191 is very obviously a skip.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:15 PM 07-30-2015
well, this is under "you never know, you could get struck by lightning tomorrow" territory.
I dislike Dana white enough that I would almost be willing to believe he would fix a fight
[Reply]
alnorth 06:58 PM 07-30-2015
I dislike Dana white enough that I would almost be willing to believe he would fix a fight
The Fertittas might be gangster enough to kill him and bury his ass in the desert if they found out about it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:30 PM 07-30-2015
The Fertittas might be gangster enough to kill him and bury his ass in the desert if they found out about it.
It's about that time.
[Reply]
alnorth 03:50 PM 07-31-2015
On Bovada:

Rousey -1400
Correia +750

I have never seen someone that heavily favored in a UFC fight. Correia is one of the biggest underdogs in the history of the sport

Prop bets:

Fight goes at least 1 complete round:

Yes +215
No -325

(skipped other round props)

All 5 rounds complete (lol):

Yes +750
No -2250

Outcomes:

Ronda Decision: +850
Ronda KO/TKO/DQ: +220
Ronda Sub: -230