ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3203 of 4916
« First < 2203270331033153319331993200320132023203 320432053206320732133253330337034203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:45 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Oh, I disagree. IMO, it would be fabulous. Especially if Geno Smith gets lifted in favor of Drew Lock, and Lock beats Denver! :-):-)
Either way, a donkey loss will have me in stitches :-)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:49 AM 09-12-2022
Haven’t you heard? Denver is winning the AFC west this year! :-) I am a Seahags fan tonight!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:55 AM 09-12-2022
You couldn't script a more perfect scenario than Lock replacing Geno in the 2nd half and leading them to victory. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:58 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
You couldn't script a more perfect scenario than Lock replacing Geno in the 2nd half and leading them to victory. :-)
I do think Lock is the better QB and should probably be starting, but he makes bad decisions at key times... that's why he's gone and that's why he's on the bench.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:00 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Haven’t you heard? Denver is winning the AFC west this year! :-) I am a Seahags fan tonight!
Much like everyone got tired of the constant Patriots talk (okay, only the fans, not the sports talk people), there is a bit of Chiefs burnout. The Broncos have new owners (with a lot of money and influence), new coaching staff and new players. It's all about generating interest in a team that hasn't been interesting for the past six seasons.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:08 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I do think Lock is the better QB and should probably be starting, but he makes bad decisions at key times... that's why he's gone and that's why he's on the bench.
If not for Gordon's fumble last year, he would have had a solid shot to beat the Chiefs. I'd never bet on him putting it together for a full season, but he's definitely capable of winning a game like this.

If the battle in camp was anywhere close, I'd have started Lock in this game. He'd surely be motivated for this one. Although he is a bonehead who doesn't seem to have a great work ethic.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:15 AM 09-12-2022
If not for Gordon's fumble last year, he would have had a solid shot to beat the Chiefs. I'd never bet on him putting it together for a full season, but he's definitely capable of winning a game like this.

If the battle in camp was anywhere close, I'd have started Lock in this game. He'd surely be motivated for this one. Although he is a bonehead who doesn't seem to have a great work ethic.
Yeah, at times, Lock has looked pretty good. Not sure why Geno is getting the start, what has he ever done? Maybe Seattle is going back to the old KC QB Shuffle and swap them out like Kenney/Fuller...:-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:15 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Much like everyone got tired of the constant Patriots talk (okay, only the fans, not the sports talk people), there is a bit of Chiefs burnout. The Broncos have new owners (with a lot of money and influence), new coaching staff and new players. It's all about generating interest in a team that hasn't been interesting for the past six seasons.
That's what irritates the hell out of me. KC "fatigue" seems to be more prevalent than Patriots fatigue was, even after 20 years of Patriots dominance and boring football.

East coast bias, obviously.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:39 AM 09-12-2022
Carroll is definitely not the type of coach to trust a QB like Lock. He'll choose the boring dependable guy like Geno every time.
[Reply]
mdstu 10:41 AM 09-12-2022
Yeah, at times, Lock has looked pretty good. Not sure why Geno is getting the start, what has he ever done? Maybe Seattle is going back to the old KC QB Shuffle and swap them out like Kenney/Fuller...:-)
Lock got Covid during the preseason and missed alot of the QB competition. I think he only played in the final preseason game, and didn't look so good.

If I remember right they announced Geno as the week one starter either right before or right after the 3rd preseason game.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:00 AM 09-12-2022
That's what irritates the hell out of me. KC "fatigue" seems to be more prevalent than Patriots fatigue was, even after 20 years of Patriots dominance and boring football.

East coast bias, obviously.
Say no more... Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

The dominance was helped by twenty years of poor football by the other teams in the division.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:20 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by mdstu:
Lock got Covid during the preseason and missed alot of the QB competition. I think he only played in the final preseason game, and didn't look so good.

If I remember right they announced Geno as the week one starter either right before or right after the 3rd preseason game.
Lock got Covid last year, infected the rest of the QB team and Hinton had to take snaps.
[Reply]
mdstu 11:53 AM 09-12-2022
Lock got Covid last year, infected the rest of the QB team and Hinton had to take snaps.
Yeah, I watched it. It was hilarious. I don't think it was last year though.

To be fair, I don't think he gave anyone Covid. They caught him on video with no mask and ruled the QB room out as close contacts.
[Reply]
TEX 12:31 PM 09-12-2022
Yes, but Denver is nowhere near the best team in the West. It's laughable that anyone would pick them to win the division. They'll be damn lucky not to finish last again.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:39 PM 09-12-2022
Clay REALLY liked him in the draft.
[Reply]
Page 3203 of 4916
« First < 2203270331033153319331993200320132023203 320432053206320732133253330337034203 > Last »
Up