ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 77
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:55 PM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Interesting gambit.

But no, I don’t think you understand what Dunning-Kruger findings mean OR how to apply them in real life.

And I’m no expert on the paper but IQ is not an area of expertise. It is not a discipline to work in. You are born with it.

Calling someone dumb because they think they are smarter than your buddy is not understanding the concept.

Let’s say you go fishing for the first time. You may think you are better than you are and the person teaching you may underestimate their ability but it does not follow that if the teacher thinks they are better than the student at fishing they are wrong.
I was calling you dumb because you don't possess the ability to realize WTI's intelligence, and that's not relative to my own or your own. It's an objective measure beyond agreeing with someone on the internet or mashing retard on your keyboard over and over.

DK also says people with higher intelligence tend to assume those around them possess the same level of intelligence.

And in this case, did you do that? Had you possessed that ability and assumed I knew what DK was, you wouldn't have mashed out on your keyboard a completely different definition of DK to make yourself sound smarter while telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and giving me some elementary example.... that's literally what DK says, smart people don't do that.

Thanks for proving my point several times over and I apologize for overestimating you when I thought you were better than the other resident keyboard masher/retard caller.... my bad.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:58 PM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Interesting gambit.

But no, I don’t think you understand what Dunning-Kruger findings mean OR how to apply them in real life.

And I’m no expert on the paper but IQ is not an area of expertise. It is not a discipline to work in. You are born with it.

Calling someone dumb because they think they are smarter than your buddy is not understanding the concept.

Let’s say you go fishing for the first time. You may think you are better than you are and the person teaching you may underestimate their ability but it does not follow that if the teacher thinks they are better than the student at fishing they are wrong.
Do you own a BMW 335i too?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:01 PM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
M-Sport, asshole! :-)
[Reply]
loochy 09:10 PM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
At least the 335i doesn't pretend to be an M car
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:17 PM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I was calling you dumb because you don't possess the ability to realize WTI's intelligence, and that's not relative to my own or your own. It's an objective measure beyond agreeing with someone on the internet or mashing reerun on your keyboard over and over.

DK also says people with higher intelligence tend to assume those around them possess the same level of intelligence. Lol

And in this case, did you do that? Had you possessed that ability and assumed I knew what DK was, you wouldn't have mashed out on your keyboard a completely different definition of DK to make yourself sound smarter while telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and giving me some elementary example.... that's literally what DK says, smart people don't do that.

Thanks for proving my point several times over and I apologize for overestimating you when I thought you were better than the other resident keyboard masher/reerun caller.... my bad.
It's not a "definition". It was research and you still don't understand the findings.

Thanks for trying to dunk on me with it though. It was fun watching you fail.

:-)

As you can see, the findings reported by Kruger and Dunning are often interpreted to suggest that the less competent people are, the more competent they think they are. People who perform worst at a task tend to think they’re god’s gift to said task, and the people who can actually do said task often display excessive modesty. I suspect we find this sort of explanation compelling because it appeals to our implicit just-world theories: we’d like to believe that people who obnoxiously proclaim their excellence at X, Y, and Z must really not be so very good at X, Y, and Z at all, and must be (over)compensating for some actual deficiency; it’s much less pleasant to imagine that people who go around shoving their (alleged) superiority in our faces might really be better than us at what they do.

Unfortunately, Kruger and Dunning never actually provided any support for this type of just-world view; their studies categorically didn’t show that incompetent people are more confident or arrogant than competent people. What they did show is this:

https://talyarkoni.org/blog/2010/07/...t-is-and-isnt/
[Reply]
KobesPilot 09:32 PM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
No charges for:
- Guns
- Drugs
- DUI
- Leaving the scene
- Racing
- Reckless driving
leaving the scene is not it’s own charge, it’s just part of the test to see if the criteria is met for the other charges brought against him.

Sec. 22.02. AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person commits assault as defined in >Sec. 22.01 and the person:

(1) causes serious bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; or

(2) uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree

So at least one 2nd degree felony charge, that's bad.

Per TRANSP § 550.021 it looks like the collision causing serious bodily injury is the charge that's tied to him having left the scene, which is to be a third degree felony. The other six counts could go either way.

This is going to end in a guilty plea deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:37 AM 04-14-2024
I've got a bad feeling that Rashee Rice isn't playing much in 2024, if at all.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:17 AM 04-14-2024
Well I have it on good authority from the CP legal brain trust that I'm a ****ing moron for first suggesting that Rice would have to admit he was driving, then for suggesting he'd get suspended, then for putting the suspension at 4-8 games.

So don't worry, he good.
[Reply]
493rd 08:23 AM 04-14-2024
M-Sport, asshole! :-)
M4.
[Reply]
493rd 08:29 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
At least the 335i doesn't pretend to be an M car
Most of you seem so uneducated on BMWs current lineup. There’s nothing illegitimate about the M240i, M340i, M440i, or any other “M-lite” version of the lineup. Each one of those cars is extremely fast but doesn’t have the track acumen of the actual “M” cars. For daily driving the M lite cars are fantastic and still too fast for most driving conditions. Go read up on the B58 motor and perhaps then you’ll understand a bit more. Oh, and the 335i was a great car.
[Reply]
493rd 08:33 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
According to many on here what Rice did was a nothing burger and he’ll be getting a slap on the wrist from the Chiefs and the league. If the league wants to send a message about irresponsible and reckless driving in the wake of Ruggs and now this, unfortunately Rashee Rice is going to be on the receiving end of it. We’ll know soon enough, and whatever he gets he’ll deserve and hopefully learn from it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:34 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Then the NFL is fucked up beyond repair.

Kamara gets like 3 games for beating a dude within an inch of his life. And Rashee isn't playing much in a whole season.

Fucking horrendous bullshit.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:38 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Most of you seem so uneducated on BMWs current lineup. There’s nothing illegitimate about the M240i, M340i, M440i, or any other “M-lite” version of the lineup. Each one of those cars is extremely fast but doesn’t have the track acumen of the actual “M” cars. For daily driving the M lite cars are fantastic and still too fast for most driving conditions. Go read up on the B58 motor and perhaps then you’ll understand a bit more. Oh, and the 335i was a great car.
I think most people are just flipping you shit... their inline 6s are great engines with outstanding performance and gas mileage for a daily driver without spending $100k+ on a new M... whether or not BMW wants to slap badges all over them.
[Reply]
493rd 08:40 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Then the NFL is ****ed up beyond repair.

Kamara gets like 3 games for beating a dude within an inch of his life. And Rashee isn't playing much in a whole season.

****ing horrendous bullshit.
Unlike the Kamara situation, Rice decided to be an absolute idiot at the worst possible time, related to what Ruggs did previously. It doesn’t matter that he didn’t serious injure or kill anyone like Ruggs. It’s the behavior itself. Maybe it’s 8 games, maybe it’s 6 reduced to 4. Who knows?
[Reply]
493rd 08:41 AM 04-14-2024
I think most people are just flipping you shit... their inline 6s are great engines with outstanding performance and gas mileage for a daily driver without spending $100k+ on a new M... whether or not BMW wants to slap badges all over them.
Yep probably right!
[Reply]
Page 32 of 77
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up