ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 95
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:28 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I guess that I will have to just tune in after kickoff every week to avoid seeing everyone take a knee. Ugh! I thought that bullshit was over. Now, thanks to an idiot cop in Minnesota, the whole country has lost their dang minds.
:-)
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 06:47 PM 06-05-2020
Please...

Everyone, take a breath, this is an issue that cannot be ignored.

I just hope people fighting for this cause are doing so in a peaceful manner.

There is absolutely no justifiable way to describe what happened to this man, but using this tragedy as a conduit to violence is short sighted in my opinion
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:59 PM 06-05-2020
If you’re ticked off, replay the full Super Bowl like I just started for the umpteenth time... aaand KC goes three and out on the opening drive, wtf :-)
[Reply]
Time's Yours 06:59 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well and the other thing is that even your BEST will make mistakes.

I don't know Dane - but he seems to have done very well in his profession. He hasn't batted 1.000 though - nobody does. And there's some degree of condescension involved with people who will put cops on blast for that sort of thing.

If you're early in your career and make a mistake - you were new and needed to gain some experience and learn from it in most professions. As a LEO if you're new you "shouldn't have been on the streets" as though you were ever going to learn from a textbook. Mahomes wouldn't have been better sitting in '18 - he needed to get out there and THROW.

Or if you're in the middle/end of an accomplished and generally sterling career and make a mistake, eh - I trust the guy and it was just human error in most professions. In law enforcement you screwed up despite clearly being qualified because you just didn't care or you're racist.

Suddenly fallibility can't exist and every negative event is indicative of poor character, competency or culture. As much as we'd like to say that humanity can be culled from certain professions, it just can't. That's not the way it works.
Maybe I lost track of the conversation, but when you talk about these unpreventable mistakes, because nobody's perfect, are you talking about shooting an unarmed person as he runs away, beating someone to death, or just the incident with pushing the 75 year old?
[Reply]
mkp785 07:04 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Time's Yours:
Maybe I lost track of the conversation, but when you talk about these unpreventable mistakes, because nobody's perfect, are you talking about shooting an unarmed person as he runs away, beating someone to death, or just the incident with pushing the 75 year old?
They're all ok. If you're new and you kill someone its not your fault, you're new and you can't possibly be held to anything. If you've been on the job for awhile and you kill someone its not your fault. You've put years in and can't be held to anything.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:13 PM 06-05-2020
I guess that I will have to just tune in after kickoff every week to avoid seeing everyone take a knee. Ugh! I thought that bullshit was over. Now, thanks to an idiot cop in Minnesota, the whole country has lost their dang minds.
Yea, if it wasn't for that one cop.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 07:19 PM 06-05-2020
EDIT: Never mind.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06-05-2020, 07:59 PM
This message has been deleted by comochiefsfan.
comochiefsfan 08:00 PM 06-05-2020
:-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:27 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Please...

Everyone, take a breath, this is an issue that cannot be ignored.

I just hope people fighting for this cause are doing so in a peaceful manner.

There is absolutely no justifiable way to describe what happened to this man, but using this tragedy as a conduit to violence is short sighted in my opinion

You are about ten days too late with your peaceful request.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:51 PM 06-05-2020
I'm absolutely shocked that this would rattle your cage. You seem to be of such sound mind.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:55 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'm absolutely shocked that this would rattle your cage. You seem to be of such sound mind.
6,000 Thumbs Up
[Reply]
Ebolapox 09:03 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
What are you gonna do when bloody and violent revolution comes to your parents doorstep, or yours?

Cry out... “I’M ON YOUR SIDE“?

You may be a bigshot medical pro, but you have the common sense of a doorknob
Bro I’m a high school science teacher that has a loaded shotgun ready... and vulnerable people to defend... luckily we’re white :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:03 PM 06-05-2020
Honestly, who cares? Everyone just stop burning down buildings.

I've never been a black man so I don't know what they go through. I've also never discriminated and couldn't care less about someone's race if they are a decent human being, so I'm caught in the middle of something I can't possibly understand on either side. My mom is half Native American and my aunt married and had several kids with a black man who became a really good uncle to me, so I've been around different races my whole life.

They want to fight for a cause, let them. The only sickening thing is watching cities get destroyed for political purposes. As far as their movement, by all means have at it. Unless you're going to tell me I just need to accept your violence whether you be white or black. In that case my concealed carry permit comes into play. Otherwise, it's all good on my end.
[Reply]
Pants 09:09 PM 06-05-2020
It does not make you happy to know you live in a free country where someone can take a knee during the national anthem, or keep sitting and stuffing their face with a hot dog or not take the hat off or not put their hand on the chest?

Come on, man. This country is about freedom. Seeing it expressed, even if you vehemently disagree with what's being said should bring a smile to your face.

This is not North Korea.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:22 PM 06-05-2020

[Reply]
Page 32 of 95
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up