ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 103
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:04 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Well, Warrick doesn't agree but...

The sample size for Veach is small. Last year's draft seemed off. No doubt. We can agree with that. But the fact that we traded up to get the Hill replacement? That could easily be the singular most important draft pick over the next 3 seasons given how the Chiefs offense is built around Hill and how removing his motion and speed would severely hamper this offense. That's a pick you don't **** around with. You absolutely need to get your guy and they did.

What if we left that draft with Arcega-Whiteside? Metcalf? Neither of those guys in the same tier can remotely pretend to mimic the pre-snap misdirection that Hill does. Having this chess piece makes me feel so much better even if I know he's not Hill.
Well said :-)

Veach will get better each year. First time he has ever been a gm and it was last year. He was getting his feet wet underneath him. This offseason and draft blew me away. Nailed on every single pick on paper. I fully expect he isn’t done either. A TE and another CB would be great. I love his aggressiveness!!!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:09 PM 04-29-2019
Veach really....

Patriots have agreed to a trade that sends third-year TE Jacob Hollister to the Seahawks, pending a physical, per @FieldYates and @MikeReiss. Patriots will receive a 2020 seventh-round pick in return.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2019

We needed a TE!!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:10 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Veach really....

We needed a TE!!
Not a great fit in this offense, I wouldn’t think.

Also, why in the Hardman thread?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:11 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

The Pats have to be going after Rudolph. Did they sign anyone in FA?

He’d be better then Blake Fucking Bell
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:22 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
How do you not give the Chiefs an A for their draft now. Looking at all this information coming out now Veach played it perfectly. What looked like a reach at the time was an extremely calculated measure to get their guy.

Veach is a ****ing boss.
Definitely an improvement and really solid for a second draft. Now if he can get a few more pennies and/or blood from these trade-outs, that would be spectacular.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I gave them a B because of the lack of a decent CB.
Limited picks and as you say, the Hill situation fucked us.

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This.

Having said that, you were the one giving out free razor blades. :-)
I'm simply opposed to giving a way a major asset if we don't have to. Now, Hill and Hardman together? Oh boy.

Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why the fuck anybody faults Veach for being aggressive is beyond me.

This is your new Chiefs. Our HC is aggressive. Our QB is aggressive. Our GM is aggressive.

You want passive, then go find another fucking team.
That's right. That's what we asked for for over a decade on this board and now that we have it, there's no sense in crying about what you demanded.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:27 PM 04-29-2019
Considering that we were trying to work around a major crisis AND work a draft, I'd say we did damned spectacular with our drafting. Of course, I don't give a shit about picks beyond the 4th round as much as some of you do, but whatever.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 05:48 PM 04-29-2019

it’s mahomo
[Reply]
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-29-2019
I feel like his body type reminds me of Maclin, but he’s faster...

Just looked it up: 1 inch shorter and 15 lbs lighter
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-29-2019, 09:19 PM
This message has been deleted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!.
kccrow 09:25 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I read somewhere that Campbell hadn't run a route past 20 yards in college. I'll see if I can find it.
It's completely untrue. Hell, you can go to his 2018 highlight reel if you want and see a 40-yard bomb the 2nd play. He ran deep often enough though. When you have 4 guys that can do it, you don't need him doing it every play.

Campbell is as fast (faster by electronic timing), bigger, and every bit as agile as Hardman. Campbell was more productive as a receiver. Campbell was a more productive kick returner early in his career than Hardman.

None of these are the reasons they chose Hardman over Campbell. So, I still try to reconcile it in my head. The only thing I can think of as a reason to choose Hardman over Campbell is that Reid thought he could learn the playbook more quickly. That's all I got. There simply is no other reason on the field or in testing to pick Hardman ahead of Campbell. Perhaps add in that Hardman is a good punt returner and Campbell didn't do that. Either way, doesn't much matter, not like he couldn't.
[Reply]
Best22 09:26 PM 04-29-2019
Veach really....

We needed a TE!!
Blake Bell is better than Hollister
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:34 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Campbell is as fast (faster by electronic timing), bigger, and every bit as agile as Hardman. Campbell was more productive as a receiver. Campbell was a more productive kick returner early in his career than Hardman.
Ohio State threw it 15 more times per game than Georgia. He’d better had fucking produced more.

Hardman, in live game action, looks visibly more explosive to me. Maybe I’m alone there, Idk.
[Reply]
prhom 10:10 PM 04-29-2019
Ohio State threw it 15 more times per game than Georgia. He’d better had ****ing produced more.

Hardman, in live game action, looks visibly more explosive to me. Maybe I’m alone there, Idk.
He does to me too, and I thought that before we drafted him. I see Campbell using speed to beat angles mostly. Hardman uses speed to get to the corner but also has that savage change of direction that we have gottten used to seeing from Charles and Tyreek. A single DB down field isn’t going to tackle them if they have a little space. Hardman looks the same to me. Campbell may have it too, it just doesn’t stand out as much in the highlight videos.
[Reply]
PatriotsGuy 08:06 AM 04-30-2019
The Pats have to be going after Rudolph. Did they sign anyone in FA?

He’d be better then Blake Fucking Bell
They signed Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Matt LaCosse. They already had Stephen Anderson and Ryan Izzo
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:01 PM 05-01-2019
I can’t link the actual clips, but y’all need to check out a few of the videos toward the end of Mecole’s Instagram story today. You just tap the profile picture to watch them through, for those who don’t know: https://instagram.com/mecolehardman4...d=6j3igta7wcfn

He’s just running routes on air so that’s kinda whatever, but the hands... they look awesome. He looks smooth catching the football and plucks it out of the air strongly. That last clip on the deep ball... I can already see that coming from Mahomes.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:07 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It's completely untrue. Hell, you can go to his 2018 highlight reel if you want and see a 40-yard bomb the 2nd play. He ran deep often enough though. When you have 4 guys that can do it, you don't need him doing it every play.

None of these are the reasons they chose Hardman over Campbell. So, I still try to reconcile it in my head. The only thing I can think of as a reason to choose Hardman over Campbell is that Reid thought he could learn the playbook more quickly. That's all I got. There simply is no other reason on the field or in testing to pick Hardman ahead of Campbell. Perhaps add in that Hardman is a good punt returner and Campbell didn't do that. Either way, doesn't much matter, not like he couldn't.
Paris Campbell played in a pass friendly offense with Dwayne Haskins.

Mecole Hardman played in a run first offense.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 103
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up