ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 94
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:35 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But hey, last time he had some spare cap he pissed it away on a luxury item in Watkins so yeah, I guess we oughta keep an eye on the Bell market afterall...
If signing Bell didn't screw up keeping any of our other players then sure, why not. But Damien Williams, in seven game (last 5 of the regular season plus the 2 post-season games), had 414 yards rushing and 6 rushing TDs while also racking up 233 yards receiving and another 4 receiving TDs. That 647 yards and 10 TDs extrapolates out to nearly 1500 yards 23 TDs for a full season. Not quite as good as Hunt, but not bad either.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:35 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Free agency hasn’t even officially started and the draft is next month. Can your dumbass give this franchise a chance to build the defense and quit criticizing them for getting rid of the player THAT KEPT US OUT OF THE SUPER BOWL
I don't mind getting rid of Ford or Houston. They are too expensive, no question. I have a problem with how much garbage exists on the defense in general. It's a shitty roster on that side of the ball. Just the truth.
[Reply]
Monkey God 08:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
You are either 12 or just incredibly ignorant of the team you profess to cheer for.

https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-cit...HOF-104491764/

"The main criticism is that Thomas was viewed by many as a one-dimensional linebacker, believed to be a liability in both pass coverage and run support."

They literally used to run at DT...
DT got benched in an AFC Championship game because Thurman Thomas was running right over him.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
What we are seeing this week is exactly why Mahomes should not give a discount to the Chiefs. They have not done a good job building a complete team around him so far even while he is a $4-5m cap hit. Why should he trust them to build a stronger team in the future?

Honey Badger is a good player, but he's one guy. That defense needs a hell of a lot more than just one guy, especially after you dump two good pass rushers. I'd rather spend that $14m on a couple of solid players instead of one big name player.
The Chiefs surrounded Mahomes with the best skill players in the NFL in his first year starting. They also just fired their entire defensive coaching staff. Apparently that's not good enough.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:38 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If I’m choosing between Mathieu and Ford, given these contracts, I take Mathieu all day long.

The money saved on Ford can be turned around just as easily and spread out on a few players as the money spent on Mathieu could have been.
Why?

Ford plays the more important position, and is better at his job that the Honey Badger is at his. Both have injury concerns, and both and limitations to their games. You had Ford on a 1 year deal, but you Honey Badger is here for 3.
[Reply]
notorious 08:39 PM 03-12-2019
Jesus. Veach is going scorched earth on this piece of shit defense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:39 PM 03-12-2019
All the hate for not getting immediate picks aside... let's talk about what Spags is trying to do. I don't know if it's smart or not. But seems to be a pattern with him.

He's going to stockpile DBs. Maybe he thinks his scheme relies on smart secondaries, and supposedly it takes a little time for DBs to get it. Just like Reid used to be with WRs in the WCO. Maybe he's trying to go all in on DBs now because he knows that's the group that will need the longest. Which means I'd bet we're going DB very early in the draft too. The move away from Houston/Ford doesn't bother me too much. I just really think he got fleeced on the trade comp.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:39 PM 03-12-2019
Thurman Thomas ran over most people. Barry Sanders would juke DT out of his shoes. Why are we bad talking DT?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:39 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'm good with this...

People mad about a second round pick.....I'd have gladly traded his ass for 6" of field position retro to last Jan.
People are mad because the second round pick is for 2020 and not this year’s draft.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:40 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
The Chiefs surrounded Mahomes with the best skill players in the NFL in his first year starting. They also just fired their entire defensive coaching staff. Apparently that's not good enough.
I don't think he needs the best skill players to have big success on offense. The defense is a dumpster fire of epic proportion. Do you have confidence in Spags or Veach to fix it quickly? I don't think either of them are Belichick in their respective roles.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:41 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't have your analytical skills at my finger tips Mr. Rain Man, but gut feeling tells me that this is incorrect and probably incorrect if you only looked at the last 20 years of Chief's 2nd round picks.
Let's take a look, because I'm curious too. If we count only the Chiefs' pick for convenience, we've got the following 2nd round picks over the last 20 years.

First, I'm going to kick out the guys with less than five years of time since we may not know enough about them yet: Breeland Speaks, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Chris Jones, and Mitch Morse. (I can see an argument that maybe we know enough about Jones and Morse, but run with me here.)

So the previous 20 second round picks from the Chiefs are (in my rough order of value):

1990 Tim Grunhard
2011 Rodney Hudson
2008 Brandon Flowers
1996 Reggie Tongue
1994 Donnell Bennett
2012 Jeff Allen
1997 Kevin Lockett
1991 Joe Valerio
2010 Dexter McCluster
2003 Kawika Mitchell
2000 William Bartee
2006 Bernard Pollard
2004 Junior Siavii
2010 Javier Arenas
2007 Turk McBride
2004 Kris Wilson
1999 Mike Cloud
2002 Eddie Freeman
1992 Matt Blundin
1989 Mike Elkins

I'd take Grunhard over Dee Ford, and Rodney Hudson based on his full career. Maybe Brandon Flowers is a draw and Reggie Tongue is close. So that's a 10 percent chance of drafting a better pick if you're conservative, and maybe a 20 percent chance of breaking even. The median pick is going to be a Kawika Mitchell/William Bartee player.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:42 PM 03-12-2019
LeVeon Bell wearing a whole lot of red on his Twitter account...
[Reply]
notorious 08:42 PM 03-12-2019
The Chiefs have decided to build a new house instead of trying to fix up a run down shithole.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:43 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Why?

Ford plays the more important position, and is better at his job that the Honey Badger is at his. Both have injury concerns, and both and limitations to their games. You had Ford on a 1 year deal, but you Honey Badger is here for 3.
What year are you living in if you think a situational pass rusher is more important than a do everything safety?
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:44 PM 03-12-2019
Would rather had their 2019 second round pick assuming they have one

I bet they will be picking toward the back of the line next season so it’s more like a third
[Reply]
Page 32 of 94
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up