ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 103
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:10 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did you walk away from the Georgia game thinking that GA was an appreciably better team than Mizzou? I didn't.

It's looking more and more like Missouri's tendency towards unforced errors at terrible times needs to be seen as a reflection on the coaching staff. This is an experienced team that simply isn't playing with focus.

This game has to put Odom firmly on the hot seat.
Mizzou wins that game with competent officiating and composure, but Odom clearly can't instill that. He's far too emotional when he shouldn't be, and reserved when he should.

He should have been all over the refs' asses after the Crockett calls, but said nothing. He doesn't understand the difference between righteous anger and a conniption
[Reply]
petegz28 01:10 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
He was awful that quarter. No one is denying that. You've also done nothing but bitch about him for three years and it's not only ****ing pathetic, but it's dumb as ****. This team wins maybe 2 games this year with one of the other QBs on the roster.
I've bitched because he isn't nearly as good as a lot of people make him out to be.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:11 PM 10-06-2018
Can you please learn the game or shut the **** up? Jesus Christ - Albert has a HUGE size advantage there against a true freshman. He's easily the best pass-catcher on the team right now and it's not particularly close.

Maybe you run it - fine. But that play is absolutely a reasonable call given that matchup. The other guys are on scholarship too.
We'be been running the ball great. Lock has been off all game. What don't I understand? FTR I hate that play call regardless of what team. I see it fail more than it ever works.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:11 PM 10-06-2018
Can you please learn the game or shut the fuck up? Jesus Christ - Albert has a HUGE size advantage there against a true freshman. He's easily the best pass-catcher on the team right now and it's not particularly close.

Maybe you run it - fine. But that play is absolutely a reasonable call given that matchup. The other guys are on scholarship too.
you must be new here. Pete is perhaps the second or third dumbest poster on the planet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 10-06-2018
Mizzou wins that game with competent officiating and composure, but Odom clearly can't instill that. He's far too emotional when he shouldn't be, and reserved when he should.

He should have been all over the refs' asses after the Crockett calls, but said nothing. He doesn't understand the difference between righteous anger and a conniption
If Mizzou plays GA at home 10 times, I'm betting they win 6. I walked out of that stadium dead certain that Mizzou was roughly as good as Georgia and they just Mizzou'd the shit out of it.

It was just maddening as hell. Yes, the officiating boned us with the forward progress call and the 'touchback touchdown' but even with BOTH of those plays, Mizzou had chances to take the game back and they simply kept making key mistakes, mostly in coverage, at critical times.

Just a heartbreaking failure mostly because of the opportunity lost.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:14 PM 10-06-2018
good defense...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:14 PM 10-06-2018
That punter running for the first down would have been peak Mizzou.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We'be been running the ball great. Lock has been off all game. What don't I understand? FTR I hate that play call regardless of what team. I see it fail more than it ever works.
Oh. So you're just stridently and foolishly dogmatic. Well that's much better.

There are a whole slew of times where that play is a good play. And when you have your giant TE matched up against a much smaller freshman, that would be one of those times.

Matchups absolutely dictate when/how that play should be used. To just sit there and call it stupid "because I always think it's stupid" is....well...not smart.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:14 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
you must be new here. Pete is perhaps the second or third dumbest poster on the planet.
I'll never catch you though...so your crown is safe
[Reply]
petegz28 01:16 PM 10-06-2018
Oh. So you're just stridently and foolishly dogmatic. Well that's much better.

There are a whole slew of times where that play is a good play. And when you have your giant TE matched up against a much smaller freshman, that would be one of those times.

Matchups absolutely dictate when/how that play should be used. To just sit there and call it stupid "because I always think it's stupid" is....well...not smart.
Like I said, we've been running the ball great and Lock hasn't thrown an accurate pass in quite a while.....why go with the guy who is having a bad game vs. what has been working?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:17 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Like I said, we've been running the ball great and Lock hasn't thrown an accurate pass in quite a while.....why go with the guy who is having a bad game vs. what has been working?
Because "do it until it doesn't work anymore" isn't the way to go with a potential game tying play. Moreover, we HAVEN'T been running the ball well in those goal-line situations.

Lock made a fine throw. O was roughly where he needed to be, the play just got broken up because again - the other guy's on scholarship as well.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:19 PM 10-06-2018
I can't believe he made that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:19 PM 10-06-2018
I can't believe he made that.
McCann's mother can't believe he made that.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:23 PM 10-06-2018
Lol, S.C. doing its best to give the game back to Mizzou after the complete bed-shitting in the 3rd quarter.

You gotta love college football . . . . .
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:25 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Lol, S.C. doing its best to give the game back to Mizzou after the complete bed-shitting in the 3rd quarter.

You gotta love college football . . . . .
I feel like a junkie that experiences all the destructiveness of addiction, but only gets a true high twice a decade.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 103
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up