ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 57
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:17 PM 02-20-2018
Let's review when he signs his next contract with the Chiefs.

If they keep and extend him, we'll all know that there is no basis in any of my concerns that are shared by Chiefs decision makers.
If the Chiefs trade him this year or next, I guess you can dump a bag of rubber dicks on your head. I'd love to be wrong and have to eat some crow about a HOF corner who turns out to be a ring of honor Chief.
I'll dump that bucket on my own head if I'm wrong and be fine with it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:27 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Let's review when he signs his next contract with the Chiefs.

If they keep and extend him, we'll all know that there is no basis in any of my concerns that are shared by Chiefs decision makers.
If the Chiefs trade him this year or next, I guess you can dump a bag of rubber dicks on your head. I'd love to be wrong and have to eat some crow about a HOF corner who turns out to be a ring of honor Chief.
I'll dump that bucket on my own head if I'm wrong and be fine with it.
I was right about Reggie Ragland! :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:28 PM 02-20-2018
Reggie Ragland is a hammer.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:29 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Reggie Ragland is a hammer.
He was such a good hitter in college - I knew he would be fine - I think the best is yet to come!
[Reply]
Simply Red 02-20-2018, 04:40 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
pugsnotdrugs19 04:42 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-...s-trade-rumors

Garafalo and Rapoport said they have heard nothing about this and they talked to Chiefs reps.
As suspected, it’s all bullshit at this point. This team is ascending and Veach isn’t going to mess that up right now by trading away the best defensive playmaker in football.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:49 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
As suspected, it’s all bullshit at this point. This team is ascending and Veach isn’t going to mess that up right now by trading away the best defensive playmaker in football.
why was he making fun of his glasses? - those were sharp. Fucking ears
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:51 PM 02-20-2018
after seeing videos I think I'd change my views on him. He sure was great on the field. Not to beat a dead horse (whatever that means)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:58 PM 02-20-2018
As suspected, it’s all bullshit at this point.
Did you watch the entire video?

He specifically stated that while no one has said that the report that Chiefs will trade Peters is accurate, there's also been no confirmation that the rumor isn't accurate.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that this rumor is "bullshit".

This team is ascending
No, it's not.

Unless you believe that somehow, miraculously, the Chiefs, with very little cap space and no first round pick, are going to NAIL the draft and bring in 6 new and effective defensive starters.

Oh, and not lose their best defensive players for the year to injury.

and Veach isn’t going to mess that up right now by trading away the best defensive playmaker in football.
If the Chiefs trade Peters, it won't be because of his football ability, plain and simple.
[Reply]
Shields68 04:58 PM 02-20-2018
Would agree. Now if the team struggles with Mahomes and unable to extend him, then he would be a prime candidate to be traded before the deadline.

With the CB signings and if they could get a edge rusher the Dee could be pretty darn good until Berry gets hurt again.
[Reply]
Shields68 05:02 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

He specifically stated that while no one has said that the Chiefs will trade Peters, there's also been no confirmation that the Chiefs won't trade Marcus Peters.

No, it's not.

Unless you believe that somehow, miraculously, the Chiefs, with very little cap space and no first round pick, are going to NAIL the draft and bring in 6 new and effective defensive starters.

If the Chiefs trade Peters, it won't be because of his football ability, plain and simple.
I am guessing they would be willing to trade him. But at this point the price is probably a #1 and probably not a late round. I do not think he is going anywhere.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:05 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I am guessing they would be willing to trade him. But at this point the price is probably a #1 and probably not a late round.
Amazing insight! Thanks!
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:30 PM 02-20-2018

He specifically stated that while no one has said that the report that Chiefs will trade Peters is accurate, there's also been no confirmation that the rumor isn't accurate.

Why would anybody be in the Chiefs organization have to come out and say the rumor isn’t accurate? Dumb fucks like Mike Florio throw shit against the wall every day. If teams had to publicly deny all of these rumors to satisfy your threshold of defining them as bullshit, they would have to hire a full-time rumor denier.

Traded for a stud CB, getting Berry back, getting Cris Conley back, and getting Dee Ford back (for a few weeks anyway). They need to find a NT, ILB, and Safety and I’m not so sure the ILB isn’t already on the team, so I don’t know where you’re getting the six new defensive starters. With the trade of Smith and the expected release of Tamba the Chiefs should have enough cap room to be effective in free agency.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:38 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Why would anybody be in the Chiefs organization have to come out and say the rumor isn’t accurate? Dumb fucks like Mike Florio throw shit against the wall every day. If teams had to publicly deny all of these rumors to satisfy your threshold of defining them as bullshit, they would have to hire a full-time rumor denier.
Give me a break. These guys scoop deals across the NFL every day and have for more than a decade.

Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Traded for a stud CB, getting Berry back, getting Cris Conley back, and getting Dee Ford back (for a few weeks anyway). They need to find a NT, ILB, and Safety and I’m not so sure the ILB isn’t already on the team, so I don’t know where you’re getting the six new defensive starters. With the trade of Smith and the expected release of Tamba the Chiefs should have enough cap room to be effective in free agency.
Murray and Sorenson need to be replaced immediately. The Chiefs only have two inside linebackers under contract and need a true WILL after releasing Derrick Johnson.

The Chiefs only have 3 defensive lineman under contract in Bailey (who's a candidate for a restructure or release), RNR and Chris Jones, who will be coming off surgery for the second consecutive year. Kpassognon is a question mark, as is Dee Ford's health. Dadi Nicolas may be done and there's zero depth at the OLB position.

The Chiefs desperately need an upgrade at LG and don't currently have a slot WR under contract, nor do they have a 2nd or 3rd string QB or a punter.

They not only have a shit ton of starting holes to fill, their depth sucks as well.

This team is not what anyone would describe as "ascending", although with a little luck, they should "ascend" from the 30th ranked defensive spot.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:51 PM 02-20-2018
Give me a break. These guys scoop deals across the NFL every day and have for more than a decade.

Murray and Sorenson need to be replaced immediately. The Chiefs only have two inside linebackers under contract and need a true WILL after releasing Derrick Johnson.

The Chiefs only have 3 defensive lineman under contract in Bailey (who's a candidate for a restructure or release), RNR and Chris Jones, who will be coming off surgery for the second consecutive year. Kpassognon is a question mark, as is Dee Ford's health. Dadi Nicolas may be done and there's zero depth at the OLB position.

The Chiefs desperately need an upgrade at LG and don't currently have a slot WR under contract, nor do they have a 2nd or 3rd string QB or a punter.

They not only have a shit ton of starting holes to fill, their depth sucks as well.

This team is not what anyone would describe as "ascending", although with a little luck, they should "ascend" from the 30th ranked defensive spot.
Neither Murray or Sorenson are starters once Berry is healthy, but I agree they could use an upgrade at Safety next to Berry. I believe the team will resign KPL and allow him and Eligwe to compete with a draft pick for the starting ILB job next to Ragland. Parker Ehringer will be two years removed from surgery and should compete with a draft pick or a free agent signing at LG. A nose tackle is needed and with RNR, Bailey, and Jones the defensive line should be serviceable. If they can resign Wilson, then there is plenty of young talent at WR.
[Reply]
Shields68 06:04 PM 02-20-2018

Keeping Peters next year actually is helpful to the cap. You have someone who can play at a pro bowl level and has a low cap #. They should or could depending on Bailey and a few others have over 20-25 million to work with. The back up QB's I expect to be bargain basement, one maybe low round draft pick (the teams all in on Mahomes and probably a 2.5 million backup). The 2nd and 2-3rd rounders will solve 3 of your problems above. So you need to sign a starter and depth for somewhere north of 20+ million.

Not the Jets or the Browns but it is doable. Unless you getting 2 starters for Peters one of which is a pro bowler it does not help next years team to move him.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 57
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up