ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 136
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:50 PM 04-30-2015
Enjoying the match play. I like the round robin groups like the do in World Cup.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:39 PM 04-30-2015
keep your knees bent your head down and follow through..overthinking is the number one killer of golf.

oh, and TOO MANY PRACTICE SWINGS during the round.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:07 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
keep your knees bent your head down and follow through..overthinking is the number one killer of golf.

Wrong. For me, lack of skills is.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:23 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Wrong. For me, lack of skills is.
...ready when you are.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:26 PM 04-30-2015
...ready when you are.
Yeah, we definitely need to get out. I have new sticks begging to be hit.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:30 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yeah, we definitely need to get out. I have new sticks begging to be hit.

..let me know.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:40 PM 04-30-2015

That's fine advice for a beginner, but keeping your head down is actually one of the major reasons why so many people slice the ball. It encourages a weak swing off your back foot because the golfer is afraid of topping the shot, so they never get through it.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:10 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's fine advice for a beginner, but keeping your head down is actually one of the major reasons why so many people slice the ball. It encourages a weak swing off your back foot because the golfer is afraid of topping the shot, so they never get through it.
...people usually slice the ball because they swing the club like a bat.

people top the ball because one they are raising out of their stance or lifting their head.

keeping your head down isn't just for beginners.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:11 PM 04-30-2015
This ^^
[Reply]
stevieray 06:19 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
This ^^
....follow through instead of trying to watch the ball.
slice is because an open club face, due to not keeping your wrists in the proper position upon contact...most turn their wrists on the downswing.

..usually because they are trying to crush the ball..I used to play every Friday with a friend (RIP) in his seventies, who drove 200 plus straight as an arrow.

and just to confirm, when I say keep your head down, I mean keep your eye on the ball.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:31 PM 04-30-2015
Gotcha . I used to keep my head down and stable at impact, and i watched a GolfChannel special with Nicklaus talking about how your head's supposed to move (your eyes can stay somewhat fixed). And it really helped me. The "head stays still" advice is bad for amateur golfers.
[Reply]
O.city 07:00 PM 04-30-2015
Keep your spine angle. Your head can move all you want. As long as you keep it behind the ball, you'll be abe to square the clubface
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:21 PM 04-30-2015
...people usually slice the ball because they swing the club like a bat.

people top the ball because one they are raising out of their stance or lifting their head.

keeping your head down isn't just for beginners.
People slice the ball because they don't turn well and cut across the ball. Lifting your head is irrelevant to topping the ball. It's all about maintaining the angle of your spine relative to your hips.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:24 PM 04-30-2015

and just to confirm, when I say keep your head down, I mean keep your eye on the ball.
And that is bad advice. Keeping your eye on the ball causes you to hang back. You can still extend early and come OTT by keeping your eye on the ball.

There are plenty of good golfers that don't look at the ball at impact (Duval and Sorenstam are two great examples).
[Reply]
stevieray 07:29 PM 04-30-2015
People slice the ball because they don't turn well and cut across the ball. Lifting your head is irrelevant to topping the ball. It's all about maintaining the angle of your spine relative to your hips.
people slice the ball for a variety of reasons...just like topping.

everyone's swing is different. whatever works for you, do it!
[Reply]
Page 32 of 136
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up