Page 32 of 68
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
-King- 12:13 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
QBs have bad games. What Watson did in that game against us just doesn't happen. He folded like a little loser bitch on the field and pouted on the sidelines. You keep bringing up what others did in games, but none of them came close to blowing a 24 point lead and getting outscored 51-7.
And watson never came close to throwing 4 picks in a playoff game. Why is our specific game and our specific scenario any worse than that?

How is throwing 4 picks and losing a fumble in a playoff game better than what Watson did in our game? It's so weird that you can dismiss a 5 turnover game as just a "bad game" but somehow Watson and the Texans blowing a 24 point lead is such an indictment on him.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:53 AM 01-31-2021
Watson may be less about getting to the penthouse. More about crawling out from under a bridge to no where. That is being overlooked
[Reply]
TEX 09:08 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
QBs have bad games. What Watson did in that game against us just doesn't happen. He folded like a little loser bitch on the field and pouted on the sidelines. You keep bringing up what others did in games, but none of them came close to blowing a 24 point lead and getting outscored 51-7.
Again, it was more about BOB than Watson in that game..
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 01-31-2021
Someone needs to just spend the picks to get Watson
[Reply]
loochy 09:16 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Again, it was more about BOB than Watson in that game..
But when it happened to the Chiefs vs Indy, it was Alex and not Andy, right?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:25 AM 01-31-2021
I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I think it's possible that Meyer trades both Jax #1's to Houston for Watson.

Think about it; you may only get one shot at head coach in the NFL. Yeah, Lawrence looks like the real thing, but honestly, it's still 50/50 he becomes an elite QB. Wouldn't you rather take a sure thing?

And Houston gets to draft Lawrence, best case scenario for them to start over, plus they get another #1 to re-stock.

I'm just saying, I think that's a real possibility.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:29 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I think it's possible that Meyer trades both Jax #1's to Houston for Watson.

Think about it; you may only get one shot at head coach in the NFL. Yeah, Lawrence looks like the real thing, but honestly, it's still 50/50 he becomes an elite QB. Wouldn't you rather take a sure thing?

And Houston gets to draft Lawrence, best case scenario for them to start over, plus they get another #1 to re-stock.

I'm just saying, I think that's a real possibility.
Supposedly, two firsts is just a starting point... they also want two seconds and two young defensive starters

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp
[Reply]
Bowser 11:33 AM 01-31-2021
Watson probably shouldn't put his Houston pad up for sale just yet. I'd guess the Stafford-Goff trade just torpedoed any chance he had of getting traded considering what the Rams gave up for a 33 year old QB. Maybe Miami gives up Tua and their 1's for him, but I just wouldn't think so.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:34 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Supposedly, two firsts is just a starting point... they also want two seconds and two young defensive starters

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp
but two 2020 firsts, and the rights to Lawrence, the only real blue chip QB prospect?

There are only a few teams with two #1's to give, and that first overall would be tough to pass up when you're clearly in a total rebuild wouldn't it?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:38 AM 01-31-2021
but two 2020 firsts, and the rights to Lawrence, the only real blue chip QB prospect?

There are only a few teams with two #1's to give, and that first overall would be tough to pass up when you're clearly in a total rebuild wouldn't it?
Under normal circumstances, I'd say there's no chance in hell they'll trade him in the division, but the Texans are incompetence personified
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:40 AM 01-31-2021

Sure, that could work for a rebuilding team

Until Lawrence says "no damn way I'm going to Houston", his career would be over before it began lol
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:41 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sure, that could work for a rebuilding team

Until Lawrence says "no damn way I'm going to Houston", his career would be over before it began lol
well, you know.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:47 AM 01-31-2021
Jets should just make the trade:

2 - first rounders in 2021
2 - first rounders in 2022

They'll be the better for it.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:41 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Watson probably shouldn't put his Houston pad up for sale just yet. I'd guess the Stafford-Goff trade just torpedoed any chance he had of getting traded considering what the Rams gave up for a 33 year old QB. Maybe Miami gives up Tua and their 1's for him, but I just wouldn't think so.
Well that situation is unique. Goff's contract was awful, so they had to throw in extra picks as compensation just to unload that contract onto the Lions. I still think Watson is worth multiple 1st round picks.
[Reply]
joethomas 12:43 PM 01-31-2021
I think the Goff thing probably hurt Watson's chances of getting traded. Nobody is going to give up 4 first round picks. The Lions are getting paid to eat Goff's terrible contract, but still. It raised the asking price so high there are few teams that can offer significantly more than the Rams splurged on Goff, a 30+ never-was

You can't take a team like the Jets where the cupboard is bare and put Watson in the middle of a 2 win team with little draft capital in the coming years. That's not a recipe for success and he and his agent ought to push for someplace else.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 68
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up