ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 62
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:07 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
What exactly does that have to do with anything I posted lmao? What the hell are you trying to refute?
You’re touting his lack of INTs as a feather in his cap while he consistently has low yardage games.

I’m just saying that 5 INTs by Mahomes compared to Rodgers 4 with 600+ more yards by Mahomes makes his INT total more impressive by comparison.

Alex Smiff had low INT totals because he didn’t push the ball downfield. My point is that anybody can throw no INTs if they don’t take chances.

Rodgers is notoriously risk averse.

Didn’t mean for that post to sound so harsh. I just don’t like the INT metric all of a sudden being propped up as a “win” for Rodgers.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:33 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
They won the game. It's not always going to be pretty. Plenty of our wins this year have been ugly.
Rodgers threw for only 140 yards while taking 5 sacks. He averaged something like 3.3 yards a throw in the second half.

This is not his only bad game this year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:38 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Didja watch our game last Sunday? Mahomes threw three INTs
Thanks for posting that again. Two tipped Int's, but he still more than doubled Rodger's output tonight.
[Reply]
-King- 01:42 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
You’re touting his lack of INTs as a feather in his cap while he consistently has low yardage games.

I’m just saying that 5 INTs by Mahomes compared to Rodgers 4 with 600+ more yards by Mahomes makes his INT total more impressive by comparison.

Alex Smiff had low INT totals because he didn’t push the ball downfield. My point is that anybody can throw no INTs if they don’t take chances.

Rodgers is notoriously risk averse.

Didn’t mean for that post to sound so harsh. I just don’t like the INT metric all of a sudden being propped up as a “win” for Rodgers.
40 touchdowns to 4 INTS is amazing no matter how you try to spin it. And I've already said that Mahomes likely comes out ahead with a good game tomorrow. And Rodgers has taken plenty of deep shots this year. He's averaging 8.2 Y/A whereas the past few years he was in the 7.0 y/a area.

I predict they'll end something like

Rodgers:
4500 yards 45 TDs 5 INTS

Mahomes:
5200 yards 41 Touchdowns 6 INTs
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:45 AM 12-20-2020
Mahomes isn't losing MVP if he's posting 5000+ yards like that on the team with the best record in football (especially if they do manage to go 15-1).
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:47 AM 12-20-2020
40 touchdowns to 4 INTS is amazing no matter how you try to spin it. And I've already said that Mahomes likely comes out ahead with a good game tomorrow. And Rodgers has taken plenty of deep shots this year. He's averaging 8.2 Y/A whereas the past few years he was in the 7.0 y/a area.

Rodgers:
4500 yards 45 TDs 5 INTS

Mahomes:
I agree with your final stats predictions.

What's bonkers is the yardage number Mahomes would put up if he hadn't had 4-5 long touchdowns called back this season.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:47 AM 12-20-2020

Rodgers:
4500 yards 45 TDs 5 INTS

Mahomes:
It is not just about stats. It is how they have played. Rodgers plays like an emotionless robot and has had several bad games. Mahomes has been electric.
[Reply]
El caliente 02:12 AM 12-20-2020
After watching tonight’s Packers vs Panthers game Mahomes just needs to have an avg. game vs the Saints and that should sling shot him so far ahead of AR.

Also, does anyone else wonder if the Pack will make it out of their first game (with HOF) with a win?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:47 AM 12-20-2020
They'll probably give it to Rodgers as he'd had a few 'down' years. So his big stat year is a little unexpected, especially given his age.

Everyone just expects Mahomes to throw for 50 TD's now.

He'll lose out on some MVP's for that reason.

I don't care, I'll trade it for the SB MVP's thank you very much.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:54 AM 12-20-2020
If Patty has a big game today (especially if its a close game) he's right back in it. Could even be the favourite again.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:45 AM 12-20-2020
We're already at the point where people try to figure out who they can give the MVP to other than Mahomes. Lebron and Michael Jordan nod and give you a knowing look.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:18 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
If Patty has a big game today (especially if its a close game) he's right back in it. Could even be the favourite again.
Absolutely but I just find it funny some ppl bashing Rodgers w year here jis having. That's a joke. He absolutely deserves to win it as much as Mahomes so far.

That doesn't mean he is better anymore than it means Karl Malone is better than MJ.

What you think Mahomes is going to win it every single year here is in the NFL?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:25 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Mahomes is the bookies favourite to win it right now. A good game tonight would probably seal it for him imo.
[Reply]
-King- 09:17 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
It is not just about stats. It is how they have played. Rodgers plays like an emotionless robot and has had several bad games. Mahomes has been electric.
I didn't know voters were supposed to consider emotions but sure.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:31 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
We're already at the point where people try to figure out who they can give the MVP to other than Mahomes. Lebron and Michael Jordan nod and give you a knowing look.
This....

I've said before, but of course I'd like Mahomes to be the MVP....he's certainly earned it.

But at the end of the day, it's irrelevant. I'll take Chiefs Super Bowls all day every day....
[Reply]
Page 32 of 62
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up