ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 110
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:01 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You gonna set those up at funnel points on the parade route?

:-)
Just don't search the players or their cars!

I don't want any of them suspended.
[Reply]
thabear04 04:01 PM 02-14-2024
They confirmed one death.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:02 PM 02-14-2024
This Chief of Police is not impressive.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:02 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The difference between that and this is that this scenario has every potential to destroy dozens of families.

Yes, random acts of violence can occur anywhere at any time. But the collateral damage from same is significantly greater in a crowd.
First Friday was a stray bullet. Similar situation, some idiot kids fighting, one was getting his ass kicked, came back and sprayed a gun at the kids who were beating his ass. Didn't hit any of them, but hit Erin hundreds of yards away while she was standing at a food truck.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-...event/37081992

Here's the story on my old roomate: https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...urant/2892489/
[Reply]
DCTwister 04:02 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You going to put snipers on roof tops. Cops in every building? Background checks?
I mean... unfortunately an event like this is a big risk to someone high profile like a Mahomes to get shot by a bad actor or someone mentally ill. Doesn't sound like that was what happened today. In DC on Inauguration Day, there are multiple perimeters with checkpoints, metal detectors, snipers, all sorts of behind the scenes things you can't do every day in everywhere USA. Can be done but not practical everywhere all the time.

For the rally you could certainly establish some sort of perimeter with checkpoints. But I've always worried about the parade route and the risk. I'm not sure I'd have the guys so open in the future.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:02 PM 02-14-2024
what if they un-mask the shooter and its

RAY LEWIS
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 04:02 PM 02-14-2024

The Chiefs left the parade in busses, and in shock. I'm told players were UNBELIEVABLE calming panicked kids down. Blaine Gabbert, Tre Smith, Austin Reiter, Chris Oladukun all rallied.

Smith went to one upset kid, gave him the WWE title belt and sat with him til he calmed down.

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) February 14, 2024

I love this team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:03 PM 02-14-2024
Shocker..
Attached: Screenshot_20240214-155957.jpg (55.0 KB) 
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:03 PM 02-14-2024
The difference between that and this is that this scenario has every potential to destroy dozens of families.

Yes, random acts of violence can occur anywhere at any time. But the collateral damage from same is significantly greater in a crowd.
First Friday's in the Crossroads is a massive crowd typically
[Reply]
Rausch 04:03 PM 02-14-2024
Should I take up BASE jumping while I'm at it?

Hey, I have a cell phone - should I go have a picnic at Chernobyl as well? In for a penny, in for a pound, right?
I'm trying to convince you to avoid living your life afraid.

It's yours though. Do what you want - just don't beg others to limit my options.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:03 PM 02-14-2024
Attached: Screenshot_20240214-160007.jpg (58.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Pablo 04:03 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Neither is our prosecuting atty

JPB is ready to throw the page at these guys.
[Reply]
ping2000 04:03 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:

I love this team.
That is awesome. Feel so bad for the kids.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:04 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
I mean... unfortunately an event like this is a big risk to someone high profile like a Mahomes to get shot by a bad actor or someone mentally ill. Doesn't sound like that was what happened today. In DC on Inauguration Day, there are multiple perimeters with checkpoints, metal detectors, snipers, all sorts of behind the scenes things you can't do every day in everywhere USA. Can be done but not practical everywhere all the time.

For the rally you could certainly establish some sort of perimeter with checkpoints. But I've always worried about the parade route and the risk. I'm not sure I'd have the guys so open in the future.
Didnt stop lee harvey oswald

Parades are a magnet for these idiots
[Reply]
Zhawk 04:04 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Really? I came away with the exact opposite impression
[Reply]
Page 32 of 110
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up