ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 72
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
tredadda 09:08 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
For fucks sake can we just forward this article to everyone in the media who screams waycism while other minority candidates continue to get jobs?

I dont have anything against Binemey but it's pretty obvious who should be credited for the success of the Chiefs. It wasnt like Reid wasnt winning 12 games a year before Bienemy became OC.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/e...e-rumors-2021/
One point that was mentioned was how teams seem leery about hiring from the Reid tree after what Pederson and Nagy accomplished. That's garbage if true. Coaches from the Reid tree are far more successful than those of the Belichick tree, yet they keep getting hired.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:00 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Falcons have made an offer to make Arthur Smith their next HC
Arthur Smith could probably make more $$$ not being an NFL HC considering his dad is the founder/CEO of FedEx.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:29 PM 01-15-2021

#Saints assistant head coach/TEs coach Dan Campbell has emerged as the favorite to be the new #Lions head coach, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. No in-person interview can be conducted until their season has ended, so it’s all on hold officially until then.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:32 PM 01-15-2021
The shit is going to be non stop all offseason if he doesn’t get a job two years in a row.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:42 PM 01-15-2021
Can't help but thing the Chargers and maybe other teams in the AFC don't want to give the Chiefs those extra draft picks.

I don't understand why the hiring team doesn't get one of them. But maybe they figured that was too easy to game or would lead to a lot of other bad things. Which they might be right.

I hope this isn't too political but I do think Nick Wright has a point. Bieniemy is getting hurt right now by the recent performances of coaches like Vance Joseph and Anthony Lynn. Meanwhile no one looks at Bill O'Brien or Adam Gase and says, "I don't know if I want to hire a white coach." It's just human nature, especially among old, rich white guys. And it sucks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:44 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe you're right that he can do better with a front office that actually tries. But it's hard to get over how he had some very talented teams and he kept finding ways to lose. His playoff losses weren't due to lack of talent. It was pretty much coaching. Detroit seems like a good fit for him because their front office cares more about putting butts in seats than winning. But it would also be really hard to sell a Marvin Lewis hire to your fans.
He built some talented teams, but they always had gaping holes as well, iirc. Either they had a porous OL, or DL, and we don't even have to talk about QBs. Point being, they always had some flaw that could be taken advantage of, especially in the playoffs.

But I was merely blue-skying; it was a thought experiment more than anything. Lewis is a legit HC with a record for taking a bad team and making them regular season winners, with a limited budget. So we could talk about him as a real candidate for some of these jobs.

But, yeah, selling him to your fan base is a whole other bucket of worms, that I don't see very many organizations willing to face.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:50 PM 01-15-2021
EB not getting a HC job has nothing to do with the color of his skin. Possible reasons why he's not getting a job are -

He's old

He doesn't call the plays

Quotes from this article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

"Here's my response about the playcalling: coach (Andy) Reid has always done it his way, and that's how historically he's done it because he's Coach Reid," Bieniemy told ESPN. "He has a beautiful mind, and we all work hand-in-hand together. And he gives me the green light to do a number of things. I have input. I do scripts. I get the install. There are a number of things that I do."

"Do I talk to the quarterback? Yes," Bieniemy said. "(Reid) is reciting what he wants me to particularly tell Pat to call. So if people want to make a big deal about that, so be it. The experience that I've gotten, understanding how an offensive system works, the organization, how to prepare it, how to get guys going and moving in one direction for one cause, that's what this is about."

When teams look at how sub-par he was as an OC in college and then they know he doesn't call the plays in KC, I'm sure it raises some concerns.

You may say that guys with a worse resume than him get HC jobs, but maybe that has to do with how well those guys interview. Im sure lots of really shitty coaches have been hired because they clicked with a GM or owner and had a good interview.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:56 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Can't help but thing the Chargers and maybe other teams in the AFC don't want to give the Chiefs those extra draft picks.

I don't understand why the hiring team doesn't get one of them. But maybe they figured that was too easy to game or would lead to a lot of other bad things. Which they might be right.

I hope this isn't too political but I do think Nick Wright has a point. Bieniemy is getting hurt right now by the recent performances of coaches like Vance Joseph and Anthony Lynn. Meanwhile no one looks at Bill O'Brien or Adam Gase and says, "I don't know if I want to hire a white coach." It's just human nature, especially among old, rich white guys. And it sucks.
Bill O'Brien had 5 winning seasons and 2 playoff wins. He isn't a shitty coach. He's a shitty GM. No one is saying "I don't know if I want to hire a black coach either". That's a stupid argument.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:58 PM 01-15-2021
At this point, I want him to get a job elsewhere for a few reasons:

- He's holding Kafka back from progressing, which could cause him to leave at some point
- We'd get 2 3rd round picks
- He's a good guy and deserves a shot somewhere

If he doesn't get a job, do we just.... let him sit there?
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:04 PM 01-15-2021
I'm sure another thing holding EB back from getting a job is that every year he's been a top candidate the Chiefs have made it to the AFCCG, SB, and this year he's still coaching. Most of these teams wants guys that are readily available to get started ASAP.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:21 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lol another post full of feeble excuses. "Other minority coaches continue to get jobs"??? There are currently TWO BLACK HEAD COACHES IN THE ENTIRE DAMN LEAGUE!!...so please spare me with the bs. Also Patricia got the Lions job despite having a rape case on his record and we all know who really runs the Pats defense if you want to go there aswell smh. The fact is Eric has been under Andy for years and has earned his stripes...how many white oc's has had the success Eric has and NOT gotten a hc chance? I'd love to know.
Patricia was the DC in NE for 6 years and the rape thing wasn't known until just recently. It happened 25 years ago and he was never convicted, so the Lions didn't know about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.det...m/amp/34742627

"The indictment remained an untold part of Patricia’s past during his rise in the coaching ranks, and the Lions said it eluded them during a background check that only searched for criminal convictions."

How many of those white OCs that got HC jobs didn't call the plays on offense?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:36 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
One point that was mentioned was how teams seem leery about hiring from the Reid tree after what Pederson and Nagy accomplished. That's garbage if true. Coaches from the Reid tree are far more successful than those of the Belichick tree, yet they keep getting hired.
Really?

Pederson was in Philly for 5 seasons, led them to the playoffs 3 out of those 5 years winning the division twice and adding their only Super Bowl title in franchise history (with a backup QB, nonetheless).

Nagy has been in Chicago 3 seasons and has led a very average Bears team with a messy QB situation to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons, including one AFC North title beating out the Packers and Vikings who were both superior teams.

I mean, it’s not up to current Chiefs standards or Brady’s Pats standards, but I think they’ve done alright for themselves.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:43 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

- He's holding Kafka back from progressing, which could cause him to leave at some point

That's my biggest worry, losing Kafka to another team.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:45 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Bill O'Brien had 5 winning seasons and 2 playoff wins. He isn't a shitty coach. He's a shitty GM. No one is saying "I don't know if I want to hire a black coach either". That's a stupid argument.
Yeah BOB probably wasn't the best example. Funny thing is the next guy who came to mind is Mike McCarthy. But oh look, a terrible coach who failed upward. How the hell does Mike McCarthy get a shot before Bieniemy?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:46 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

That's the big question. Maybe he has to go somewhere else as an offensive coordinator where he calls the plays and people don't think it's all Reid. Or maybe college?
[Reply]
Page 32 of 72
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up