ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 80
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:23 PM 08-03-2017
Gonna wait one more year before I jump back on Sunday ticket. I get most chiefs games anyway.

Next year it's full hard on homerville.
[Reply]
tk13 10:32 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Just began my yearly song and dance with DTV. I cancelled Sunday Ticket auto renewal as I do every year. Week one they always do a free preview so I'm good there. Week two I am going to my buddy's house as he is an Eagles fan. Week three I will be at BWW in Columbia watching ball. Then I will call before week 4 and see what the offer is. Should get a sweet deal. But I did get the MLB package for free this year so I don't expect totally free Ticket.
Of the first 9 games before the bye... only one is a noon Sunday start.

5 of them are primetime games, and the other three are at 3:25 on CBS... meaning they're the 2nd game of a doubleheader. No guarantee everyone will get those three, but two are the Steelers and Cowboys. I'd almost guarantee they will be the main "national" game with Nantz/Romo.

If you're paying for Sunday Ticket this year just to see the Chiefs, you may be literally paying for 6 or 7 games in some areas. You may hardly need it until Thanksgiving.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:34 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
Of the first 9 games before the bye... only one is a noon Sunday start.

5 of them are primetime games, and the other three are at 3:25 on CBS... meaning they're the 2nd game of a doubleheader. No guarantee everyone will get those three, but two are the Steelers and Cowboys. I'd almost guarantee they will be the "national" game with Nantz/Romo.

If you're paying for Sunday Ticket this year just to see the Chiefs, you may be literally paying for 6 or 7 games in some areas.
Yeah, I would probably just hit a sports bar for those 6-7 games if I was just in it for Chiefs but alas, sports betting and fantasy ensure I will always pony up for Sunday Ticket. Just gotta try to get the best deal possible.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:59 AM 08-04-2017
Had not thought about ST yet. I will miss a few games at home this year. I will be driving back from North Dakota. At least I will be able to listen in the car. I should make the wife drive so I can watch and be on CP.

Last year I filled out a big survey for DTV about ST. I was thinking they would make a move this year like an "ala cart" package. Pick one team. Pick 10 games. something. But not this year.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:06 AM 08-04-2017
Not buying it this year. Paid 300 for it last year and exactly one chiefs game wasn't on one of my local channels
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:41 AM 08-04-2017
Thinking this will be the first year I won't bother getting it. Looks like I'll get damn near every game here in STL anyway.
[Reply]
rolltide2014 06:46 AM 08-04-2017
I just cancelled my DTV about 2 months ago, so I'm still trying to figure out how to best get my Chiefs fix this year. If anyone wants to sell their streaming credentials, I'll gladly pay; otherwise, I think I might have a co-worker that's going to let me use his son's college info to get the $100 ST streaming student deal.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 08:01 AM 08-04-2017
Six primetime games, and they play both NY teams this year so half the season is accounted for on national TV and cable in my market. Still, I took a shot and with one year commitment extension was able to get the following:

NFL Sunday Ticket MAX at no cost
$200 Visa gift card
$42/month off my bill for 12 months
$10/month off my bill for 12 months (with auto pay)
HBO/Showtimes/Cinemax/Starz free for 3 months
$53.99 one time credit

setup a future service disconnect for August 30th via the normal customer service line 800-531-5000. Called back two or three days later once the disconnect was on file and spoke to someone at 855-407-3110 (which might be inactive now) and was able to get the above deal relatively pain free. I did have to explicitly ask for the $200 gift card which resulted in 2-3 minute hold but they came back happy to do it.

Will be worth it for the other 8 chiefs games, ability to have ST on mobile, and be able to watch any other day games when KC is in primetime.
[Reply]
eDave 08:35 AM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by rolltide2014:
I just cancelled my DTV about 2 months ago, so I'm still trying to figure out how to best get my Chiefs fix this year. If anyone wants to sell their streaming credentials, I'll gladly pay; otherwise, I think I might have a co-worker that's going to let me use his son's college info to get the $100 ST streaming student deal.
Free streams: wiz1.net

Has always been great for me and others. Bit of lag, as usual though.

On a side note, I am having DTV installed today and I got Sunday Ticket free for this year.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:06 AM 08-04-2017
I decided not to renew. With 6 prime time games, plus 2-3 others I'll be able to catch on local TV (more if the team is competitive) and the fact that I get RedZone, and especially the fact that this is another year of Andy and Alex, this season does not seem like it's worth paying extra for, let alone $300.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:07 AM 08-04-2017
HD streams always available through reddit.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:08 AM 08-04-2017
what does full price ST run these days?
I think I punted it once it got to like $200; probably a good 10 years ago?
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:12 AM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
$280 or something. After taxes and fees it came out to $60 per month over 5 months.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:13 AM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Last time I checked....it's at 6 payments of $49.95. Total of $299.70. And that's for the basic. That doesn't include NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:14 AM 08-04-2017
Wouldn't budge on mine at all. Gave me Cinemax for 6 months. I took it.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 80
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up