ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 48
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
jd1020 11:16 AM 09-20-2014
Originally Posted by Miles:
Apple has always had an odd performance vs. commonly thought of performance specs. Still doesn't make me curious if more would be better.
I wouldn't really care if they weren't so damn expensive. One of the main reasons I don't purchase Apple products is because they cost as much if not more than better products on the market. The bang for your buck when it comes to Apple is just shit.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:35 PM 09-20-2014

Can't decide between the 2. I hated the white front on the original X, but I think those colored speaker grills break up the monotony enough and I'm probably leaning towards white with the contrast to make the wood and accent color pop a bit more.
[Reply]
Buns 04:50 PM 09-20-2014
They both look pretty dope.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:04 AM 09-21-2014
It's official, the Samsung Note 4 hitting US carriers Oct 17. Quite a bit later than the iphone , and Samsungs plan the entire time was to get them out at the same time or earlier than Apple. So much for that

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/15...lease-date.htm
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 04:37 AM 09-21-2014
Note 4 doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade over Note 3.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:51 AM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Note 4 doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade over Note 3.
Personally ive decided I want the edge...but no pricing or availability has came out about that. Note 4 will be 350 w 2 yr contract, 300 w two yr contract at Vz and Att
[Reply]
DaveNull 06:30 PM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I wouldn't really care if they weren't so damn expensive. One of the main reasons I don't purchase Apple products is because they cost as much if not more than better products on the market. The bang for your buck when it comes to Apple is just shit.
I don't know about that. On my network, my iPad or my iPhone is much more useful than my MotoX or Nexus 7, but that's because the apps I use the most are iOS only and all my computers run OS X. The flip side could be true if you're really in deep with what Google offers.

Oh, that walnut back on the MotoX is damn good looking.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:45 PM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
Oh, that walnut back on the MotoX is damn good looking.
That's the ebony back. I can't decide between it and the walnut. Want a dark back and the walnut on the moto maker looks pretty bright but I've seen pictures of the actual phone (2013 model) and it looks darker, so I don't know.

And I don't think picking a leather back is smart in any way. Every picture I've seen of the leather backs they are all scuffed to hell. And getting something like leather and putting a case on it makes no sense, might as well just get the same color in the plastic back.

Just waiting on someone to leak some Nexus 6 stuff so I can finally pull the trigger on a new phone. Took my phone off the charger this morning and by 12:18 pm it was crying about being under 10%.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:25 PM 09-23-2014
Ahhhhhhhhh, that's better!

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 09-23-2014
Kind of a rant.....

Does Sprint not offer the "get a discount - pay so much for your phone" shit anymore? It's either pay full price or do their "pay a monthly fee for 2 years" bullshit.

Fuck that.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:43 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Kind of a rant.....

Does Sprint not offer the "get a discount - pay so much for your phone" shit anymore? It's either pay full price or do their "pay a monthly fee for 2 years" bullshit.

**** that.
Pretty sure Sprint does discounted phone prices. I thought that was just T-Mobile. Maybe I'm not understanding your question but Sprint is said to be selling their new phones at $299 or $349 with a two-year contract...on the flip side...T-Mobile is selling their new phones at a full price, but they try to make it appear affordable to you by having you pay $30 a month until the full price of $799 or whatever it is for the phone is achieved.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:48 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Pretty sure Sprint does discounted phone prices. I thought that was just T-Mobile. Maybe I'm not understanding your question but Sprint is said to be selling their new phones at $299 or $349 with a two-year contract...on the flip side...T-Mobile is selling their new phones at a full price, but they try to make it appear affordable to you by having you pay $30 a month until the full price of $799 or whatever it is for the phone is achieved.
It was my mistake. I thought my contract was up and it wasn't by like a month. Sprint only offers the monthly shit like T-mobile until your contract is up.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 03:22 PM 09-23-2014
Apparently you can bend a 6 plus with your bare hands..lol

http://gizmodo.com/and-heres-a-guy-b...are-1638267139
[Reply]
jd1020 03:29 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:

That's gotta suck... spend that much money on a phone that bends in your pocket? Good shit, Apple.

Read something earlier that it costs like $200-250 to make it, depending on the storage you choose. Always nice to know that a $50 jump in storage price lands with a $200 up charge to you.
[Reply]
Miles 11:16 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:

Here is the same guy trying to bend a Note 3 with different results.

I am still sticking with the iPhone 6 for this generation because of usability with my company's network but fairly underwhelmed by this release. I have a stock droid tablet but still slightly prefer iOS as well.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 48
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up