ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3196 of 4910
« First < 2196269630963146318631923193319431953196 319731983199320032063246329636964196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:52 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You still haven't answered the question.

We all know you think they're built to win a SB in the next 2-4 years. The question is HOW you think they're going to do that. Because the path to get there looks bleak.
Not really sure what answer you want... the only way they can do that is with the picks they have, FA or trades.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Not really sure what answer you want... the only way they can do that is with the picks they have, FA or trades.
So in other words, you have no objective reason to believe they can do it. It's all 100% hope.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:54 PM 09-08-2022
So in other words, you have no objective reason to believe they can do it. It's all 100% hope.
I suppose so. What specific plan do you think I should be laying out? They have a nice core nucleus of young players. You build around that with the picks, trades and FA.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 09-08-2022
I suppose so. What specific plan do you think I should be laying out? They have a nice core nucleus of young players. You build around that with the picks, trades and FA.
Well, my plan wouldn't start with trading away multiple high picks for a 33-year old QB. I think that's a losing proposition from the start.

But that ship has sailed.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:55 PM 09-08-2022
The 2015 Broncos didn't TRADE for Manning, they acquired him in FA.

There's a huge difference.
Yes but their defense was made significantly better when they signed Ware, Talib and Ward in one offseason. I think they signed Sanders that offseason too.

They’re gonna try to buy their way to a title
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes but their defense was made significantly better when they signed Ware, Talib and Ward in one offseason. I think they signed Sanders that offseason too.

They’re gonna try to buy their way to a title
Good luck with that.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:57 PM 09-08-2022
Well, my plan wouldn't start with trading away multiple high picks for a 33-year old QB. I think that's a losing proposition from the start.

But that ship has sailed.
Well, that's where they are...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:57 PM 09-08-2022
Agreed... the AFC and the AFCW specifically are brutal. I've never said Denver was built to win a SB right now. I have said I see 10 wins and no playoffs this year.

The Broncos couldn't dream of competing without a much better QB. They couldn't draft one, so they traded for one. Does this put them in the SB this year or next year? No. I've never said it would get them there. They're more than a QB away from advancing to and winning a playoff game. Slightly different scenario than when they signed Manning, that team was more complete and ready for a run.

The comment I made that some of you are stuck on was about the team's front office. I said they had to view this as a win the SB in 2-4 years moment, so they made the trade. If they didn't think that could happen, they wouldn't have made the trade. That was the intent of my comment.
Who knows what the FO's true expectations are. I'm guessing they just want to get Denver into the conversation and see what happens. But there are a lot of teams in that conversation now. Teams that didn't give away 7 high picks/players or hand their starting QB far more money.

Denver could have a substantially better team than any since 2015 and still never sniff a SB or AFC title game with Allen/Mahomes/Herbert/Burrow/Jackson to deal with.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:58 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Denver could have a substantially better team than any since 2015 and still never sniff a SB or AFC title game with Allen/Mahomes/Herbert/Burrow/Jackson to deal with.
Very true, the division and the conference are tough for the next decade plus.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:07 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)
2 years after his decline started mr "I'm a horsey, ride me" is going to do something he wasn't able to do with an all world D? Yeah, I doubt it
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:07 PM 09-08-2022
You have said "next two seasons" a few times, to be clear.. they lost picks this year and in 2023 (next season). 2024 they have all their picks.

And again, you're taking my comments about the front office and saying MHM made the claim of 2-4 years. Again, I don't think you can make this trade as a front office without the thinking that it puts you in the SB in the near term, 2-4 years.

And, yeah my expectation because they made this trade is that they get above .500 this year, are more competitive and put themselves into a position of attracting FA players next year that push them deep into the playoffs.
If the Donks were serious about building a legitimate roster...they would have kept their 9th/41st picks...maybe attempted to move down in an extremely deep class (minus QB). Let their new staff evaluate what they have..there are supposedly some elite QB prospects in next years draft.

Move up if you have too...but you have a cost controlled QB for 5 years and a better understanding what your real needs are...and the financial flexibility to address them.

I'll say it again...this trade was to facilitate the sale of the team. Nobody is more concerned about being a "name brand" QB than Wilson...his marketing strategy payed out.

He is easily the most over-hyped QB in the NFL...based on actual results (including post-season success). He is a good QB...he's not a Rodgers or Mahomes...not a franchise savior type.

The previous owners made hundreds of millions by attaching Wilson's name to the franchise....if the Donks crash and burn...it's not their problem now. Paton was their employee...
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:48 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If the Donks were serious about building a legitimate roster...they would have kept their 9th/41st picks...maybe attempted to move down in an extremely deep class (minus QB). Let their new staff evaluate what they have..there are supposedly some elite QB prospects in next years draft.

Move up if you have too...but you have a cost controlled QB for 5 years and a better understanding what your real needs are...and the financial flexibility to address them.

I'll say it again...this trade was to facilitate the sale of the team. Nobody is more concerned about being a "name brand" QB than Wilson...his marketing strategy payed out.

He is easily the most over-hyped QB in the NFL...based on actual results (including post-season success). He is a good QB...he's not a Rodgers or Mahomes...not a franchise savior type.

The previous owners made hundreds of millions by attaching Wilson's name to the franchise....if the Donks crash and burn...it's not their problem now. Paton was their employee...
Ooooh. So well put, BO.

That reality pill must hurt to swallow donk fans. Who am I kidding? Your fanbase is adept at smug denial.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:57 PM 09-08-2022
The 2015 Broncos didn't TRADE for Manning, they acquired him in FA.

There's a huge difference.
With the way they drafted after getting Manning, I'm not sure there really was much of a difference. Their 4 1st rounders after Manning came over were Sylvester Williams, Shane Ray, Bradley Roby and Paxton Lynch. They could have given up 4 1sts for Manning and basically lost a replacement level CB and DT.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:40 PM 09-08-2022
I said that from the perspective of those that made the trade... I don't think you make a trade like this without the goal being a SB appearance/win during that window.

My view - he's by far the best QB they've had since 2016 and since they apparently cannot draft one, you buy one. They still have draft picks and there's FA to build around what they have now.
So you’re trusting people who’ve historically not hit on draft picks in rounds 3-7? Also, aren’t you close to the cap next year (I have zero clue what your cap looks like)?

Hack-it has shown you something in the time he’s been in the league, and in the very short time he’s been HC? It seems like a revolving door of rookie HC’s that your team has brought in over and over with the same results. And this one is feeling like another Vance Joseph hire tbh.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:14 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So you’re trusting people who’ve historically not hit on draft picks in rounds 3-7? Also, aren’t you close to the cap next year (I have zero clue what your cap looks like)?

Hack-it has shown you something in the time he’s been in the league, and in the very short time he’s been HC? It seems like a revolving door of rookie HC’s that your team has brought in over and over with the same results. And this one is feeling like another Vance Joseph hire tbh.
Yes, that appears to be the plan. I have not looked at the cap, but c'mon... it's just numbers, we can figure that out later. But, if this is accurate... https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2023/

Also, sounds like Walton needs to call his good pal Stan and say, "walk me through this". https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...perstar-trades

You know, if it were that simple.
[Reply]
Page 3196 of 4910
« First < 2196269630963146318631923193319431953196 319731983199320032063246329636964196 > Last »
Up