ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 318 of 332
« First < 218268308314315316317318 319320321322328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Womble 09:11 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Main event was WAY overbooked. Should have just been Cody and Reigns. Maybe have Bloodline lose night one to ensure that. Instead everyone but Prince Harry interfered.

When Austin/Rock were doing their thing, they didn't need former legends coming in to promote their matches. Shows you the lack of star power today.

Undertaker being there made no sense from a storyline standpoint.
I also had the same thought RE: Taker. I haven't watched any of the build up on the shows so I assumed Rock must have cut a promo saying "WrestleMania belongs to the Rock" or something of that ilk. If he didn't then it doesn't really make sense to have a fuming Undertaker suddenly appear and take him out, whilst leaving the rest of them.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:15 PM 04-07-2024
Meh. First of all, that gong got one of the biggest crowd pops I think I've ever heard at literally anything, ever. Second of all, Austin was obviously their first choice and he couldn't do it for whatever reason. Third of all, it's not lake Taker hasn't shown up to absolutely wreck an authority figures shit when they're getting too out of line.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:20 PM 04-07-2024
Also, you know, Roman being the one to initially retire Taker
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:21 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Meh. First of all, that gong got one of the biggest crowd pops I think I've ever heard at literally anything, ever. Second of all, Austin was obviously their first choice and he couldn't do it for whatever reason. Third of all, it's not lake Taker hasn't shown up to absolutely wreck an authority figures shit when they're getting too out of line.
I was wondering if Brock was the first choice. He has all sorts of history with Rock even back to winning his first title from him at Summerslam (01?).

Brock also raised Cody’s hand when their feud ended. Kinda like Cody had proven himself.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:53 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Is that confirmed? Or just rumored?

Most of what I’d seen said he was done in early 2024.

I don’t follow AEW very close though admittedly.
He did get more money from AEW. Not sure if it also was an extension and if so for how long
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:33 PM 04-07-2024
Also calls back to the Taker kept his fists tapped until Shawn did the right thing for business and dropped the belt to Austin at WM14.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:14 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Also calls back to the Taker kept his fists tapped until Shawn did the right thing for business and dropped the belt to Austin at WM14.
Taker also made Vince go talk to Bret Hart (and get punched) after the Montreal Screwjob.

He’s always been the leader in the lockerroom.

I still think Brock was the original plan. All sorts of ties to Heyman, Roman, and Rock. Sure seems to make a ton of sense. Also, an obvious explanation as to why they went another way.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:45 AM 04-08-2024
2nd night much better than the first....was a bit surprised that it was Taker to appear.

Was really good to see Damian Priest cash in on McIntyre so that can lead to more Drew whining which makes him an even better heel. Although not looking forward to a Punk-McIntyre match.

Expected the Bayley win...and I am guessing we haven't seen the last of the feed with Iyo Skye.

Not sure where they go next with Rollins...

Who is the first to challenge Rhodes after finally beating Reigns? Will it be the Rock or Reigns?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:05 AM 04-08-2024
My guess, Cody's first opponent will be Jacob Fatu. Rock is going to destroy Reigns tonight for failing and send him off for a long time and bring in his own representative while he still heels it up.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 07:26 AM 04-08-2024
My guess, Cody's first opponent will be Jacob Fatu. Rock is going to destroy Reigns tonight for failing and send him off for a long time and bring in his own representative while he still heels it up.

That would be a pretty big jump for someone brand new to the company.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:36 AM 04-08-2024
I am predicting that Roman and maybe Jimmy are going to catch a beat down and be kicked out of the bloodline by Rock with at least Jacob Fatu debuting. Cody will go through the bloodline members and face Rock at Summerslam.

Tama Tonga could be part of the bloodline or start teaming with AJ against the Good Brothers.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:07 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
That would be a pretty big jump for someone brand new to the company.
I agree, but Jacob Fatu may be a special case. And The Rock will ultimately be the real kingpin of the whole thing. He's what they want Solo to be.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:33 AM 04-08-2024
I’m getting Wrestlemania 14 vibes from Roman.

Next night Triple H says Shawn Michaels dropped the ball and brings X Pac/New Age Outlaws into DX. Michaels retires for awhile, but comes back in a non wrestling role.

I think Roman is out for awhile. Rock buries him tonight. Builds to a match at Mania next year with Roman returning as a face against heel Rock.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:34 AM 04-08-2024
I also wonder if we might be done with Cody vs the Bloodline for a bit.

Maybe we see Gunther vs Cody or something.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:37 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I also wonder if we might be done with Cody vs the Bloodline for a bit.

Maybe we see Gunther vs Cody or something.
Nah. He still needs a month or two of dealing with Rock after Reigns gets booted from the Bloodline.
[Reply]
Page 318 of 332
« First < 218268308314315316317318 319320321322328 > Last »
Up