ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3155 of 4914
« First < 2155265530553105314531513152315331543155 315631573158315931653205325536554155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:00 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
If only I were as jaded and jacked up on the jackassery you consume... for someone that is as bent out of shape on the league as you are, it's amazing how much time you spend discussing it and watching.

I actually spend a lot less time than you think...and of course it's going to be "jackassery" to you. Accepting that your team's entire trophy case is fraudulent is a reality you just cant deal with...speaking of "jackassery".

Usually people become more wise with age...obviously not the case here.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:03 PM 08-31-2022
Oh I know, it's been around forever... I've always said that if the team does anything nefarious, they should be reprimanded - just as any player would be.
I don’t know if the HGH/PED stuff is that big of an advantage because I do think it was common, but I’m sure it was more common for some teams than others. It’s not hard to believe that Manning was using. I’ve never seen a player decline that much that quickly, and it directly coincided with the beginning of testing.

But it’s hard for me to accept that $29 million in deferred payments to the star QB and star RB wasn’t a big advantage. Every Denver fan says it wasn’t, but every outsider agrees that it was.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:04 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I actually spend a lot less time than you think...and of course it's going to be "jackassery" to you. Accepting that your team's entire trophy case is fraudulent is a reality you just cant deal with...speaking of "jackassery".
Well, they were find for the accounting violations on the cap. I've read through a lot of those links and the consensus is the Broncos were in violation of funding the payments. The actual 'team cap' was not impacted and they were not able to sign players they otherwise would have been able to sign.

There were possible issues had Elway retired early.. and that is what they were fined for, to set examples. But, I'm not running down that path again.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:07 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don’t know if the HGH/PED stuff is that big of an advantage because I do think it was common, but I’m sure it was more common for some teams than others. It’s not hard to believe that Manning was using. I’ve never seen a player decline that much that quickly, and it directly coincided with the beginning of testing.

But it’s hard for me to accept that $29 million in deferred payments to the star QB and star RB wasn’t a big advantage. Every Denver fan says it wasn’t, but every outsider agrees that it was.
Again, I've never said they didn't do something wrong. Lots of links like the one below. The thing is - were they able to sign players that they otherwise would not have been able to sign... sounds like that answer is no.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...os_salary_cap/
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:12 PM 08-31-2022
Well, they were find for the accounting violations on the cap. I've read through a lot of those links and the consensus is the Broncos were in violation of funding the payments. The actual 'team cap' was not impacted and they were not able to sign players they otherwise would have been able to sign.

There were possible issues had Elway retired early.. and that is what they were fined for, to set examples. But, I'm not running down that path again.
You are too old to buy the horseshit explanation...so you continue being deliberately obtuse.

Bowlen owned a ****ing football team and was building a new stadium.

You somehow believe he couldn't get a $28 million dollar loan to cover it...and had to resort to "under the table" payments.

"We are sorry Mr. Bowlen...you credit isnt good here, we have strong evidence that you are high-risk of default. You just dont have enough collateral"

I'm sure there were some 14 year old fans that bought this cover story...because they dont understand how the real-world works.

"Poor, broke hat-in-hand Bowlen just couldn't afford his star players"
[Reply]
DomCasual 11:22 PM 08-31-2022
Why did you edit out the text?

Because, A) it's, at best, slanted; and B) who cares?

Do you think any Bronco fan was sitting there, watching Super Bowl 50, saying, "I just wish we could sort out that HGH shipment business?"

What's more, do you believe any Chiefs fan, in a similar situation, would be any different?

Be honest, now.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:24 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Because, A) it's, at best, slanted; and B) who cares?

Do you think any Bronco fan was sitting there, watching Super Bowl 50, saying, "I just wish we could sort out that HGH shipment business?"

What's more, do you believe any Chiefs fan, in a similar situation, would be any different?

Be honest, now.
Well, if the largest NFL fine of all time didn’t bother you, then some hgh wouldn’t either
[Reply]
DomCasual 11:25 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
As a fan of a baseball team that won it all the same year and followed a similar path afterward, I’ll bet that feels like a loooooooong time ago. :-)
Man, I am currently on hiatus as a Rockies fan (the Nolan Arenado debacle broke me - I didn't give up on the Nuggets when they went 11-71; but the Rockies ownership situation just kills me). 2007 carried me for almost 15 years. And that was just a pennant.

As you guys now know, a championship smooths a lot of edges.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:28 PM 08-31-2022
B) who cares?
The fans of the 31 other teams...one being KC. You had to resort to greasing your uniforms ON TOP OF cheating the cap.

Without Davis...you team doesn't even make the post-season.

Predicable nonchalant rebuttal from a forum owner of the most disingenuous franchise in all of sports.

This why your team is hated...
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:31 PM 08-31-2022

As you guys now know, a championship smooths a lot of edges.
Are you speculating...because your team has never won an authentic one.
[Reply]
DomCasual 11:34 PM 08-31-2022
The fans of the 31 other teams...one being KC. You had to resort to greasing your uniforms ON TOP OF cheating the cap.

Without Davis...you team doesn't even make the post-season.

Predicable nonchalant rebuttal from a forum owner of the most disingenuous franchise in all of sports.

This why your team is hated...
ALL TEAMS ARE HATED! Winning does that! All NFL fans are covetous. Because being an NFL fan is a statistically losing proposition 97% of the time. Do you think if you guys had won a second one, the hate for your team wouldn't have increased exponentially?

You didn't answer my last question. But you don't really have to. Because if you answered anything other than "no," I would simply not believe you.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:41 PM 08-31-2022
ALL TEAMS ARE HATED! Winning does that!
No, cheating does that...Raiders and Chargers went to the SB within a few years of Horseface.

No one holds any animosity towards them...beyond simple divisional rivalry.

Your rationalizations are exactly what I havent missed in this thread since HGH's arm fell off.

You freaks had nothing to artificially brag about..so you scattered like rodents.

Mortgaging your future on a declining QB has given you guys a fleeting chance to feel relevant...

Just to remind you dildos...your franchise savoir went 6-8 last season with an almost identical roster.
[Reply]
DomCasual 12:03 AM 09-01-2022
No, cheating does that...Raiders and Chargers went to the SB within a few years of Horseface.

No one holds any animosity towards them...beyond simple divisional rivalry.

Your rationalizations are exactly what I havent missed in this thread since HGH's arm fell off.

You freaks had nothing to artificially brag about..so you scattered like rodents.

Mortgaging your future on a declining QB has given you guys a chance to feel relevant...

Just to remind you dildos...your franchise savoir went 6-8 last season with an almost identical roster.
I just disagree with you. Fans get tired of you quickly.

The example I always think of is the Red Sox in '04. I actually really pulled for them that postseason. Bunch of loveable losers, and all of that. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that now (especially being at Coors Field in 2007, when Jonathan Papelbon struck out Seth Smith to end it). I hate that team! There have been times when I hated them to an unhealthy degree.

Nobody cared about you guys before Mahomes. Oh, maybe they respected you. "That team is always pretty solid" - stuff like that. Now, fans are getting tired of you. Win another one, and you'll understand. Everyone loves a winner, as long as that winner politely steps aside, and gets back in line.

And the Chargers and Raiders? They lost their Super Bowls by a combined 97-47. Those of us old enough to remember the Raiders before they were pathetic still hate them. The Chargers? Aww. That's cute, What's to hate about the Chargers? They give us all an extra home game, each year.

In division rivalries, you up that hate - especially when two teams have been successful. Do you think we hate each other more than the Cowboys and Redskins (or whatever)? The Packers and Bears? The Bengals and Steelers and Ravens? The 9ers and Seahawks?

YOU believe the cheating thing. It's not even on the radar of most NFL fans. Mention John Elway to most fans, and their reaction is, "Man, all-time great - and I loved the way he went out."
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:56 AM 09-01-2022

The example I always think of is the Red Sox in '04. I actually really pulled for them that postseason. Bunch of loveable losers, and all of that. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that now (especially being at Coors Field in 2007, when Jonathan Papelbon struck out Seth Smith to end it). I hate that team! There have been times when I hated them to an unhealthy degree.

Nobody cared about you guys before Mahomes. Oh, maybe they respected you. "That team is always pretty solid" - stuff like that. Now, fans are getting tired of you. Win another one, and you'll understand. Everyone loves a winner, as long as that winner politely steps aside, and gets back in line.

And the Chargers and Raiders? They lost their Super Bowls by a combined 97-47. Those of us old enough to remember the Raiders before they were pathetic still hate them. The Chargers? Aww. That's cute, What's to hate about the Chargers? They give us all an extra home game, each year.

In division rivalries, you up that hate - especially when two teams have been successful. Do you think we hate each other more than the Cowboys and Redskins (or whatever)? The Packers and Bears? The Bengals and Steelers and Ravens? The 9ers and Seahawks?

YOU believe the cheating thing. It's not even on the radar of most NFL fans. Mention John Elway to most fans, and their reaction is, "Man, all-time great - and I loved the way he went out."
You spent a lot of time typing something i didnt read...I'm assuming it was more to convince yourself.

It's a nice feeling...not having you rationalize/justify your team's championship to opposing fans. Someday you might get to experience it...in the mean time...type away.

If Mahomes is ever found to be dosing...I sure as shit wouldn't be bragging about or defending the trophies he won on another team's message board...I'm not your typical vicarious fan though...my identity/self-worth isn't tied to a football team. A cheater is a cheater...irregardless if he plays in a red helmet or a blue one.
[Reply]
TEX 05:10 AM 09-01-2022

You talk too much. It doesn't make you right though. It's what every DonkTard does when confronted with the FACT hat Denver cheated during it's first 2 Super Bowls, (probably all 3 with Manning on HGH - probably really was his wife's though, right? :-)) You guys have cheated more than any NFL franchise and it's not even close. An argument can easily he made that you haven't won anything without cheating. The hate for your pathetic franchise is very real because of that, whether you refuse to acknowledge it or not. Disagree all you want, it's in your DNA, but you're still wrong.
[Reply]
Page 3155 of 4914
« First < 2155265530553105314531513152315331543155 315631573158315931653205325536554155 > Last »
Up