ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 315 of 663
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325365415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:05 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Yeah. I'm seriously regretting not ordering the card. Did Lawler at least beat the shit out of Rory most of the fight? That's what I wanted to see. Rory's face looks awful right now.
I didn't see what the judges have but I thought Lawler was down three to one going into the 5th.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:53 PM 07-12-2015
Yeah. I'm seriously regretting not ordering the card. Did Lawler at least beat the shit out of Rory most of the fight? That's what I wanted to see. Rory's face looks awful right now.
http://watchwrestling.ch/video/watch...s-vs-mcgregor/
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:56 PM 07-12-2015
Bermudez vs Stephens was a great fight too.
[Reply]
Gary 07:02 PM 07-12-2015
Maybe I'm crazy but the knockout of Mendez just didn't look right at all to me. He had Connor on the ground pounding him with elbows for most of the round. He tried a guillotine choke that failed and they stood up. To Connor's credit he jumped right on him, but shortly before the knockdown and stoppage Mendez just dropped his hands completely down almost like he was looking for a punch that would take him down and he IMMEDIATELY just covered and it was over. When they got back up Mendez was fresh and hadn't taken any punishment really at all that round. He did take a couple of shots but nothing that would have led him to just drop both hands to his waist and slowly move to the side with his chin up. It just didn't look quite natural...especially after seeing how technically sound Mendez fought against Aldo.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:48 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by Gary:
Maybe I'm crazy but the knockout of Mendez just didn't look right at all to me. He had Connor on the ground pounding him with elbows for most of the round. He tried a guillotine choke that failed and they stood up. To Connor's credit he jumped right on him, but shortly before the knockdown and stoppage Mendez just dropped his hands completely down almost like he was looking for a punch that would take him down and he IMMEDIATELY just covered and it was over. When they got back up Mendez was fresh and hadn't taken any punishment really at all that round. He did take a couple of shots but nothing that would have led him to just drop both hands to his waist and slowly move to the side with his chin up. It just didn't look quite natural...especially after seeing how technically sound Mendez fought against Aldo.
I didnt think Mendez looked like himself from the start. Looked fatigued after a round and wasnt explosive at all
[Reply]
TimBone 07:50 PM 07-12-2015
Taking fights on short notice is a bitch.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:51 PM 07-12-2015
And many times the wrestlers are slowed by respect of the strike
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:58 PM 07-12-2015
Taking fights on short notice is a bitch.
It showed in this fight but you cant really bring it up or you are labeled a McGregor hater. Chad was classy about but far from the guy ive seen even in the Aldo fights.

It worked out for the best though. I really didnt want another DC situation.
[Reply]
KC native 08:22 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I didn't see what the judges have but I thought Lawler was down three to one going into the 5th.
I thought it was tied going into the last round.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:55 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Maybe. Could see 1 and 3 for Rory and 2 and 4 Lawler. That head kick kept Rory in it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:07 PM 07-12-2015
All judges had it 3-1 Mcdonald going into the 5th.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/12...-189-scorecard
[Reply]
alnorth 10:28 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Me too, but I also thought one of the rounds I gave Lawler was close, so I figured it was either tied or Lawler had to have a finish.

Anyway, I saw the fight with my brothers (we get together for one UFC a year), and this was the single greatest UFC event I have ever seen. It was incredible, and I'm annoyed that I'll have to wait 3 or 4 months for it to show up on fightpass so that I can see the two main events while sober.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:34 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Maybe. Could see 1 and 3 for Rory and 2 and 4 Lawler. That head kick kept Rory in it.
Thats exactly what I had, but I wasn't sure about 4. As it turned out, the judges had 4 for Rory, which is fine.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:06 AM 07-13-2015
Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 07:08 AM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by Gary:
Mendez took a ton of punishment to the body. He may have been looking to defend there. I hate that he lost but he gave McGregor all he wanted. He showed himself well, no complaints there.
[Reply]
Page 315 of 663
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325365415 > Last »
Up