ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 311 of 328
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
Jerok 09:28 AM 09-30-2018
So there's zero chance we trade him now because Moore thinks we are winning in 2019 and 2020 right?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:32 AM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by Jerok:
So there's zero chance we trade him now because Moore thinks we are winning in 2019 and 2020 right?
Moore and Glass are currently negotiating one of the most important contracts in Royals history (TV).

Their public comments about being in contention should be taken with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:48 AM 09-30-2018
I wish the Royals would take 1-2M and create 'bonus pools" whereby cost-controlled guys would make extra payouts...i.e. Whit 350K, Mondesi 250, Ohearn 150 etc etc.

I can't explain it but watching Whit this year, I'm constantly annoyed he isn't making any money. It's not fair.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:55 AM 09-30-2018
I don't know about a cost-controlled pool for Whit.

However, I would like to see an ACTUAL pool for Whit's sister...
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:05 AM 09-30-2018
I have never seen a fan base so insistent on sucking. Has Eric Fisher not taught anyone a damn thing?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:45 AM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I have never seen a fan base so insistent on sucking. Has Eric Fisher not taught anyone a damn thing?

And you’re chiming in with this now... why?

Much more recent discussion about Mondesi and O’Hearn and what next year looks like of late.

We’ll gladly take Adley Rutschman at #2 to pair with the rebuilding effort, though...
[Reply]
Bufkin 11:45 AM 09-30-2018
Yost extended :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:46 AM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
Yost extended :-)
HE KEPT MATHENY AT THE GATE!!!

THANK YOU NED!!!!!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:47 AM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And you’re chiming in with this now... why?

Much more recent discussion about Mondesi and O’Hearn and what next year looks like of late.

We’ll gladly take Adley Rutschman at #2 to pair with the rebuilding effort, though...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=4651

This combined with the other guys hard on to trade Whit.

I am bullish on the Royals.positon players and think with some tweaking and luck competing in a year or 2 isnt so absurd.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:10 PM 09-30-2018
Salvy being a lineup spanner in the gears makes me think 'nay' on taking Rutschman.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:01 PM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Salvy being a lineup spanner in the gears makes me think 'nay' on taking Rutschman.
Salvy has 3 years left on his contract which is very team friendly considering the talent level. As soon as the team is ready to bring Rutschman to the MLB level, Salvy can be offloaded. If the upside is that they say it is for Rutschman, then they have to take him.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:35 PM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Salvy has 3 years left on his contract which is very team friendly considering the talent level. As soon as the team is ready to bring Rutschman to the MLB level, Salvy can be offloaded. If the upside is that they say it is for Rutschman, then they have to take him.
No I'm saying a catcher who isn't able to transition to 1B or DH offensively presents a problem.

Gimme a jerkoff like Cervelli who draws walks like they're going out of style and isn't a total liability at the plate with plus-plus defense.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:47 PM 09-30-2018
So just heard Ned Yost got a one year extension. MOTHER FUCKER. SON OF A BITCH. WHEN CAN WE RID OUR SELVES OF THIS IDIOT AND ESCOBAR. I'M SURE WE BRING BACK ESCOBAR AS UTILITY PLAYER TO take away abs from Mondesi and block Lopez.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:48 PM 09-30-2018
I'm okay with Yost if the alternative is Matheny.

Fucking duh.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:03 PM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So just heard Ned Yost got a one year extension. MOTHER ****ER. SON OF A BITCH. WHEN CAN WE RID OUR SELVES OF THIS IDIOT AND ESCOBAR. I'M SURE WE BRING BACK ESCOBAR AS UTILITY PLAYER TO take away abs from Mondesi and block Lopez.
Whether or not Esky and other washed up retreads are on the team next year is in no way up to Yost.

Yost guided our last youth movement to the promised land. He's proven he's perfect for the clubhouse in that capacity. GMDM needs to swallow his pride and stand pat this offseason.

Like it or not, I'd vastly prefer Edgar at the helm than red-assesses who play favorites like Matheny or Kendall.
[Reply]
Page 311 of 328
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321 > Last »
Up