ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3103 of 4914
« First < 2103260330033053309330993100310131023103 310431053106310731133153320336034103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:59 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The Broncos gave a bunch of snaps to several starters, and their backups got absolutely worked by Buffalo's backups.

Houston, you've got a problem!
Albert O, Quinn Meinerz, Calvin Anderson and Alex Singleton are the only starters who played. Anderson and Singleton are most likely just placeholders until Billy Turner and Jonas Griffith get healthy.

Snap counts:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BlackOp 12:04 PM 08-22-2022
I have no love for Keesum...you Donktards.

The fact he went 16/18 with a couple of TDs just showed how inept your team was...

It was the most points given up in a preseason game in almost 50 years....that's how historically bad it was.

I watched the whole thing because it was a non-stop disaster....wildly entertaining couple of hours for a Chiefs fan.

The 42 points allowed by the Broncos was tied for the fourth-most in their preseason game history, behind 52 (by Oakland in 1966), 49 (by Oakland in ’60) and 43 (by San Francisco in ’73).
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:13 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Seeing the sudden love for Case Keenum on here from Chiefs fans made me curious about revisiting his time in Denver. That 2018 team should have been better than 6-10 from a talent perspective, but the coaching was probably the worst ever seen in the NFL.

QB: Keenum (below average, but serviceable)
WR: Demaryius Thomas (for 8 games), Emmanuel Sanders, Courtland Sutton, Tim Patrick
RB: Phillip Lindsay (1000 yards at 5.4 ypc, 9 TDs)

Von had 14.5 sacks, Chubb had 12, Shaquil Barrett was a backup
Secondary had Chris Harris Jr, Darien Stewart and Justin Simmons (8 ints between them)

Unfortunately, the coaching was Vance Joseph, Bill Musgrave and Joe Woods.
I mean, Case Keenum is Case Keenum. Always will be.

But, as a Chiefs fan, it was kind of humorous watching him absolutely work the Donks backups (or 'quality depth', as KnowMo would call them) on 3 straight scoring drives.

Fun stuff.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:24 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Albert O, Quinn Meinerz, Calvin Anderson and Alex Singleton are the only starters who played. Anderson and Singleton are most likely just placeholders until Billy Turner and Jonas Griffith get healthy.

Snap counts:

Spoiler!
They played at least one more who is listed with the 1s.

Plus plenty of other dudes who are going to get a lot of snaps.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:27 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
If Denver has to field a team with those backups in week 1, yeah Denver is in trouble.
When's the last time Denver got through a season without a lot of injuries? According to you guys, no team in NFL history has been more snakebitten in recent years.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:27 PM 08-22-2022
The Bills had 32 first downs, completed 26 of 29 passes and totaled 510 yards.

3 incomplete passes the entire game...using 3 different QBs. Yikes...
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:29 PM 08-22-2022
When's the last time Denver got through a season without a lot of injuries? According to you guys, no team in NFL history has been more snakebitten in recent years.
Their starting QB has been hurt every year going back to Manning...good thing they were 27th in sacks allowed per dropback last season. I'm sure they've improved..
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:30 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Seeing the sudden love for Case Keenum on here from Chiefs fans made me curious about revisiting his time in Denver. That 2018 team should have been better than 6-10 from a talent perspective, but the coaching was probably the worst ever seen in the NFL.

QB: Keenum (below average, but serviceable)
WR: Demaryius Thomas (for 8 games), Emmanuel Sanders, Courtland Sutton, Tim Patrick
RB: Phillip Lindsay (1000 yards at 5.4 ypc, 9 TDs)

Von had 14.5 sacks, Chubb had 12, Shaquil Barrett was a backup
Secondary had Chris Harris Jr, Darien Stewart and Justin Simmons (8 ints between them)

Unfortunately, the coaching was Vance Joseph, Bill Musgrave and Joe Woods.
Huh? The only "sudden love" I see for Keesum is among you guys.

Suddenly, Keesum has shifted from scapegoat to "best backup in the league" and "serviceable."

:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:36 PM 08-22-2022
Huh? The only "sudden love" I see for Keesum is among you guys.

Suddenly, Keesum has shifted from scapegoat to "best backup in the league" and "serviceable."

:-)
They got nothing...and know it.

I watched a little of the "thats good sports" live cast of the game after the fact...for some good old fashioned schadenfreude.

He started out talking shit on the Chiefs...then watched the hope slowly drain from his body after each score.

They ended the live cast in the middle of the 3rd quarter...:-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:37 PM 08-22-2022
They played at least one more who is listed with the 1s.
Yeah, it looks like DE Deshawn Williams played 10 snaps against Buffalo. He'll only be playing on run downs, though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:46 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The Bills played their starters for multiple series. The Broncos played their backups.

Keenum is probably the best backup QB in the league and our backups gave up 9 yards per carry.
I've already proven you to be a liar on this. Von, Poyer, Hyde, White, among others didn't even play a snap. They didn't have a single secondary starter suit up.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:56 PM 08-22-2022
I've only said they were snakebitten at a few key spots, specifically WRs the last couple of years.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:57 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I've already proven you to be a liar on this. Von, Poyer, Hyde, White, among others didn't even play a snap. They didn't have a single secondary starter suit up.
Well, I don't think it matters really who they had on defense considering Denver wasn't rolling out a single offensive starter (QB, RB, WR).
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:48 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, I don't think it matters really who they had on defense considering Denver wasn't rolling out a single offensive starter (QB, RB, WR).
Does not playing a single starter in the preseason worry you?
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:02 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Does not playing a single starter in the preseason worry you?
I have a hard time believing that their starters are this well-oiled machine...and it's only the back-ups that were historically bad.

They looked completely out of sorts...that's on the new coaching staff. Doesnt matter if it was just an "evaluation" game...those guys were still playing for a job.

Ruffly 30 or so players from that game will be on their roster...and 10 more on the PS.

There was an honest Donk report from camp saying the starting offense was just kind of meh...not terrible, not great....that it didnt really look much different than previous seasons.

Kind of shaping up like this experiment has a good chance of being a flop...thing is...with Wilson's upcoming contract demands and lack of top picks, this as good as they are going to be for a couple of years...roster-wise. They are going to lose some players next off-season.
[Reply]
Page 3103 of 4914
« First < 2103260330033053309330993100310131023103 310431053106310731133153320336034103 > Last »
Up