ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 310 of 328
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:25 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
The Brewers just took the lead in the bottom of the 8th over the Tigers when Ryan Braun hit a ball to the wall... Tigers RF got a glove on it, but it popped up and out of the glove, rolled along the top of the fence and over for a HR. That's going to be on all the highlight shows tonight.

Just saw it on SportsCenter.
[Reply]
tk13 11:51 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Just saw it on SportsCenter.
Yeah that seemed like the type of play you look back on if they make a long playoff run.

Although I did see in the boxscore that they were in that spot because Hader gave up a HR. Just a reminder of how lucky the Royals were to the bullpen we had. The Brewers have a killer bullpen and Hader is supposed to be the most cyborg-like of all of them, and even he's had 3-4 hiccups down the stretch.
[Reply]
tk13 07:17 PM 09-29-2018
Mondesi does it again. Three run bomb off Andrew Miller to give the Royals the lead.
[Reply]
tk13 07:22 PM 09-29-2018
Not what the Indians want to see before the playoffs either, we're lighting Miller up. O'Hearn gets a solid RBI single off him... very good sign with the way O'Hearn has hit lefties.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:37 PM 09-29-2018
Mondesi on fire
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:43 PM 09-29-2018
Not what the Indians want to see before the playoffs either, we're lighting Miller up. O'Hearn gets a solid RBI single off him... very good sign with the way O'Hearn has hit lefties.
Hopefully this isn't just a mirage. I've seen the Royals do this before when it doesn't matter.
[Reply]
tk13 09:13 PM 09-29-2018

Whit Merrifield enters the final day of the season tied for the major-league lead in hits (191) and leading the majors in stolen bases (44).
"That would be pretty exciting," he said. "To do it in the whole league would be a thrill, especially after having a fluke year last year."

— Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) September 30, 2018

[Reply]
-King- 09:26 PM 09-29-2018
Saw that Mondesi has more home runs this month than Escobar has had in any year of his career or something crazy like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:51 PM 09-29-2018

Lmao
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:54 PM 09-29-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Hopefully this isn't just a mirage. I've seen the Royals do this before when it doesn't matter.
Actually this does matter, especially for the young guys that will be on the team next year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:16 AM 09-30-2018
I don’t think Mondesi is a mirage. This is a supremely talented player finally having his tools click and match production.

Ryan O’Hearn might be a mirage.

But I think there are plenty of reasons to be at least intrigued, if not outright hopeful, about 2019. Merrifield and Mondesi are a pretty formidable 1-2 combination that will create a lot of runs and put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.

A healthy Soler hitting somewhere behind them is exciting to me.

It will be fun to see what O’Hearn does in a full season (either way). Dozier has been promising to close the season (and after is written him off, too).

I’m also pumped to see Nicky Lopez. He could provide a major upgrade defensively at 2B (where Merrifield is good but not great) and that high-contact, high-OBP lefty bat could be a really nice sandwhich between Merrifield and Mondesi.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:18 AM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t think Mondesi is a mirage. This is a supremely talented player finally having his tools click and match production.

Ryan O’Hearn might be a mirage.

But I think there are plenty of reasons to be at least intrigued, if not outright hopeful, about 2019. Merrifield and Mondesi are a pretty formidable 1-2 combination that will create a lot of runs and put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.

A healthy Soler hitting somewhere behind them is exciting to me.

It will be fun to see what O’Hearn does in a full season (either way). Dozier has been promising to close the season (and after is written him off, too).

I’m also pumped to see Nicky Lopez. He could provide a major upgrade defensively at 2B (where Merrifield is good but not great) and that high-contact, high-OBP lefty bat could be a really nice sandwhich between Merrifield and Mondesi.
I don't believe Mondesi is a mirage either. His pedigree is so high and this was expected. I hope O'Hearn isn't one because if he's not and Soler comes back like he was playing then this O could be pretty damn good. I'm hoping the pitchers that have shown flashes can put it together a whole year. May be a surprising team
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:21 AM 09-30-2018

Hope he gets both. Really hope he is NOT traded.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:59 AM 09-30-2018

Pretty cool for him. He did kinda get lucky Altuve got hurt. He typically has 200+ hits every year.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:20 AM 09-30-2018

So is he being sarcastic about people calling his season last year a "fluke"?
That's pretty funny. Good for him.
[Reply]
Page 310 of 328
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320 > Last »
Up