ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 310 of 386
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320360 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:44 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You were saying?
:-):-):-) You are joking right? She went "crazy" because the plot deemed her to be so. Don't be an imbecile.

Also I'm 100% sure none of you who use the words "build up" and "arc" know what that actually means. Those words mean across seasons not across 2 episodes. You can't build anything up in one episode and the pay-off comes in the next. There is no arc if it lasts 2 episodes. Heck the "build up" and "arcs" yall speak of are literally 2-3 scenes that lasted all of 2 minutes. I see that yall are just willfully stupid and I wont waste my time on your nonsense any longer. "Ignorance is bliss" is the truest quote ever said.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:56 AM 05-13-2019
Wasn't there some shit about 3 "dragons" remaining? I'm still holding out hope that Tyrion is the 3rd dragon (maybe his mom diddled a Targaryen on the side, after all, he's not blonde like Cersie and Jamie). In my head it ends with Arya attempting to kill Dany. Grey Worm stops her. Dany orders her death. Jon and steps in to stop it....Dracarys...they both die. Tyrion chokes her out or stabs her from behind. She dies....cut to Bran and Tyrion's private conversation from a few weeks ago. Bran tells Tyrion he's really a Targaryen....cut to sometime in the future, Tyrion sits on the iron throne as the red keep and kings landing are being rebuilt in peace times...Sansa is the ward of the north, Bronn the ward of the south, Gendry somewhere in between....fade to black.
[Reply]
smith11 12:59 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Jon is a Targ. Drogon won’t do shit to him. He might dislike him but he would never kill him.
is drogon the surviving dragon. in last weeks episode tormond asked jon snow if was going to be riding drogon on to kings landing,,,he said no he was riding his horse--so wouldnt the riderless dragon killed last week be drogon?
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:56 AM 05-13-2019
I think the two biggest flaws in this season are:

#1. The 2 battles are in the wrong sequence. They should have captured King's Landing first...sorted out all the power struggles/insanity drama there. It would have set up the epic "battle vs. death" with the Night King.

#2. They need a good 2-3 more hours/episodes...to develop/sell all of these sudden character shifts. Spending 4 minutes on a scene that's shows the set-up to her being poisoned would have been nice.

Also, did they really need that fight scene on the beach? That crazy boat fucker had nothing to gain at that point...he even said the war was lost. It was stupid and unnecessary...just have him die when his boat got torched.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:32 AM 05-13-2019
Can't wait to see these fellas do Star Wars!

D&D's Knights of the Old Republic. .
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:53 AM 05-13-2019
IMO it’s too easy to make Dany the mad queen, and completely destroys her character that the show has spent 10 years making. Nothing makes sense of how they got to that conclusion either. Being alone means she will finally murder children? If this is the true ending to George R.R Martins books then it is a piss poor ending. I don’t blame D&D for that. There has to be some payoff to a story, some sense of happiness to a long journey, or else it’s all just depressing bullshit. Last nights episode was depressing bullshit where only one or two important character arcs out of half a dozen were genuinely paid off.

Dany: Nope
Jon: Well see
Arya: Well see
Hound: Yes
Mountain: Yes
Grey Worm: No
Cersei: No
Jamie: No
Qyburn: Yes
Tyrion: Well see
Varys: Kinda
Euron: No

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcxiv 04:49 AM 05-13-2019
I dont see how people think it makes no sense, it makes perfect sense. this whole show has been about bad shit happening ALL the fucking time. This show/books are built on horrible things happening. Dany Got to the point where she said, if i cant have it, no one can. So she just took EVERY Fucking thing down! she basically went school shooter.

Dany went through alot of fucked up shit, there is no way she was ever going to turn out to be a sane person.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:18 AM 05-13-2019

[Reply]
UK_Chief 05:19 AM 05-13-2019
No way the iron throne survived that. What are they going to sit on???
[Reply]
UK_Chief 05:28 AM 05-13-2019
If dany wasn’t Mad Queen then she would have called off the attack and her and Jon would’ve lived happily ever after. Does that sound like GOT to you???

It’s been brewing for a while with Dany, stringing up the masters, torching people who defy/betray her. There has always been that side to her so yes it’s quite an easy path for the story line to take (Targaryen, mad king etc), however it’s been coming for a few series and the only realistic way they could get to the point of Jon Vs Dany show down. The only other way, which could have been interesting is if Jon suddenly got a lust for power after finding out he was the true heir leaving a Nice Dany Vs Power Mad Jon finale. That would have been less likely based on the characters history
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:56 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
If dany wasn’t Mad Queen then she would have called off the attack and her and Jon would’ve lived happily ever after. Does that sound like GOT to you???

It’s been brewing for a while with Dany, stringing up the masters, torching people who defy/betray her. There has always been that side to her so yes it’s quite an easy path for the story line to take (Targaryen, mad king etc), however it’s been coming for a few series and the only realistic way they could get to the point of Jon Vs Dany show down. The only other way, which could have been interesting is if Jon suddenly got a lust for power after finding out he was the true heir leaving a Nice Dany Vs Power Mad Jon finale. That would have been less likely based on the characters history
How about this...the Golden Company and the Lannister army intersperse with the people and are using them as human shields. Dany makes the painful decision that she needs to wipe them out, regardless of who gets hurt. It makes her both Good Dany and Bad Dany at the same time, and it still gives reason for Arya and Jon to think she's got to go. It takes good writing, which went the way of the dodo this season.

I'm sorry, I think you could subvert expectations without hamfisting the plot to "make" Dany into something that she has never been the entire series.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:34 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Uh... what? Jesus Christ... it'd be easier to build a foundation with toilet paper. D&D are hack writers. That's it. No need for justification.
It wasn’t great. It was really rushed. But I’d bet that’s how Martin would do it.

But it is wildly hilarious but to watch all you book readers moan about why are we watching this shit when you laughed at us during the red wedding. Especially when it’s the same - at this point you can call it a trope - of what Martin would do.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:34 AM 05-13-2019
Some of the complaints are so ridiculous. Some of you want your happy little ending and you throw your toys out of the pram when the story doesn't give it. ALL of my complaints are with the writing mistakes and inconsistencies, mainly how this whole episode basically comes down to how the writers wanted to once again change course and manipulate the dragons' power to suit their needs.

At this point I'm 100% resigned to being disappointed a week from now, as I have been all season, but I'll try to enjoy it for what it is, and cross all my fingers and toes that we get the final 2 books. To be quite honest, any time the show has ever differed from the books, I've always considered the book's version to be what actually happens anyway. The show is what it is: it's brought amazing visuals to an unbelievable story, but the story is what I care about.

Anyway, back to the show. I just don't get Mad Queen. Fly straight to where Cersei is and burn it down. I guess we'll see if there's any payoffs from next week, but I refuse to believe she wanted to burn so many innocents.

Also, The Hound should've just cut Cersei in half. I know he doesn't hate her as much as many others, but c'mon.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:37 AM 05-13-2019
Keep the butthurt coming this is absolutely amazing a bunch of arm chair couch potatoes this is gold
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:38 AM 05-13-2019
I honestly don't think it matters what happens in the show you guys will just bitch and moan about it either way
[Reply]
Page 310 of 386
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320360 > Last »
Up