ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 101
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The biggest part of Stefanski's system is masking QB flaws, not fixing them.

I do think Mayfield is better than Cousins but you're not going to see miracles out there.
Totally agree. But, and I could be wrong, as I've never spent any time really analyzing what Stefanski is trying to do beyond a basic Xs and Os level, I think it's like "NFL QBing for dummies," kind of thing. Break it down to a basic level, cut the field in half, whatever, give your QB fewer reads and thus decision to make, throw the ball to the first guy that's open. Let the play-makers be play-makers.

Which I think Baker really needed after the first two seasons of his career. Years 1 & 2 for Mayfield were almost like "here, for the next two seasons you aren't going to learn anything about how to be a QB except what little you can figure out for yourself, in-game in real-time."

He's basically had to start over, and he was two years in already at the start of 2020.

But my expectation is that ultimately Baker will be able to take Stefanski's system further than Kirk was able to, partly because he has a much better arm, and partly because I think he's probably going to end up being a better processor.

That second part is just a gut feeling at this point, and maybe fueled by my Sooners fandom, but I think I'm going to be right. We just won't see it until mid to late next season.

But as it stands right now, Baker is probably at least as good as Cousins overall, and he might already be better at running the offense.

His hard count is a disaster though. Really needs to work on that.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:04 PM 01-11-2021
AFC Divisional Round: The Kansas City Chiefs and three teams that "nobody wants to face".....
[Reply]
New World Order 06:06 PM 01-11-2021
Are the media outlets hyping up the Browns and saying they have the perfect recipe with a strong running game to keep Mahomes off the field and beat the Chiefs?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:07 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Are the media outlets hyping up the Browns and saying they have the perfect recipe with a strong running game to keep Mahomes off the field and beat the Chiefs?
Something like that. Everyone seems to have forgotten that CLE boasts one of the league's worst defenses.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:08 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The biggest part of Stefanski's system is masking QB flaws, not fixing them.

I do think Mayfield is better than Cousins but you're not going to see miracles out there.
Exactly this....

Same for Sean McVay and the Rams. When you build your system around the run game and bootlegs off of that, it's simply because you don't have a QB good enough to win games on their own.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:14 PM 01-11-2021

Chiefs expecting large number of Browns fans at Sunday's game at Arrowhead. Team president Mark Donovan: “We’ve got to be prepared for that. Cleveland is one of those teams with a lot of pent-up demand, especially with the win they had (over the Steelers).''

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 11, 2021

Adam gonna Teicher
[Reply]
staylor26 06:15 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Adam gonna Teicher
Adam Teicher clearly hasn’t had pussy since pussy had him. What a miserable human being.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:19 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Adam Teicher clearly hasn’t has pussy since pussy had him. What a miserable human being.
He's probably not wrong. I toyed with the idea of grabbing tickets yesterday at $300 each. Now they're going for more like $800. I have don't think it'll be a majority or anything, but there will be plenty of Browns fans. And who can blame them? I'd be excited too.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:21 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
He's probably not wrong. I toyed with the idea of grabbing tickets yesterday at $300 each. Now they're going for more like $800. I have don't think it'll be a majority or anything, but there will be plenty of Browns fans. And who can blame them? I'd be excited too.
It’s not about whether he’s wrong, it’s just everything always has a negative tone/vibe with him. That tweet might not be the perfect example, but even it gave me that negative vibe like always.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:28 PM 01-11-2021
What’s the capacity for the crowd on Sunday?
[Reply]
crispystl 06:35 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Not sure how or why, but it seems like something about Tomlinson isn't resonating in that locker room
It's because he retired....or because he played for the Chargers.....15 years ago.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:39 PM 01-11-2021
:-)
Originally Posted by crispystl:
It's because he retired....or because he played for the Chargers.....15 years ago.

[Reply]
tredadda 06:46 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Ever since I saw Lenny the cool to Otis Taylor and that defense.... I was hooked. Even when we sucked for DECADES. I couldn't switch teams. I have no idea how you can do that. I wished I could have done that in the 80's.:-)
I am too young to remember the Dawson days. Imagine becoming a fan in the 80s, pre Marty. I still remember listening to them on the radio every Sunday. It would have been so easy to have become a Niners or Giants fan in those days. For some stupid reason I remained and still remain loyal to the Chiefs. I can't imagine following a player and rooting for whomever he plays for.
[Reply]
Mav 06:47 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Exactly this....

Same for Sean McVay and the Rams. When you build your system around the run game and bootlegs off of that, it's simply because you don't have a QB good enough to win games on their own.

That is not at all true. Do you think Mike Shanahan ran this system with John Elway because of a limited qb? This is how he wants to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:48 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
The Chiefs have never played the Browns in a playoff game.

Browns actually were pretty badass before the merger. Won 8 Championships form 1946-1964. That was before, uh, something crappy happened?
Browns and Chiefs fans can certainly exchange Marty playoff choke horror stories though.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 101
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up