ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 53
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
O.city 11:44 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Tyreek came in and had a learn a new position too.

Hardman just isn't the natural footballer that Hill is, which is why he earns the "fast guy playing football" label.
I don't think anyone should be compared to HIll. He's an extreme outlier and in a league full of athletic freaks he stands out.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Uh, yeah, it works like that. Somewhat. The draft is always a crap shoot for the most part in those rounds in that you're gonna not always hit. Thats fine.

The 2nd round is a great place to get an immediate starter. Maybe not an immediate impact guy, but you get starters and producers there all the time.

We got immediate impact from Hardman as a ST'er. He's still got a ways to go as a WR.

You can't just speak stuff into existence? Well, duh.

But thus far, as a wr Hardman has been a bit more Kpass than Thornhill
What a stupid fucking take. Hardman has given us 1,000 + yards and 10+ TD’s on offense. Why the fuck are you pretending that he’s only had an impact on ST’s? Considering all of the targets Hill and Kelce take up themselves, we’ve gotten plenty of production from Hardman while he’s developing.

And no the draft doesn’t work the way you think it does. Exactly what immediate starter should we have taken?

I mean sure, ideally you can go back in time and take Metcalf, but you can’t constantly operate in hindsight saying we should’ve taken what ended up the best guy. It’s just not realistic.

It could’ve been Parris Campbell or JJ Arcega-Whiteside too. Those guys are Kpass type of picks, not Mecole Hardman. Give me a fucking break.

Veach has been amazing the last 2 years and you guys are nitpicking the living fuck out of his drafts if you’re going to complain about the Hardman pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 12-23-2020
But thus far, as a wr Hardman has been a bit more Kpass than Thornhill
I don't agree with this at all.

Despite his lack of steady production, Hardman has made SEVERAL game-impacting plays over the last 2 years.

KPass doesn't even show up on the stat sheet, let alone make big plays.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:47 AM 12-23-2020
Mahomes and Hardman are on different pages at times. You'll see Mahomes getting after Hardman a bit after a few of the throws they can't connect on. If they can develop that type of connection he'll be more than fine.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What a stupid ****ing take. Hardman has given us 1,000 + yards and 10+ TD’s on offense. Why the **** are you pretending that he’s only had an impact on ST’s? Considering all of the targets Hill and Kelce take up themselves, we’ve gotten plenty of production from Hardman while he’s developing.

And no the draft doesn’t work the way you think it does. Exactly what immediate starter should we have taken?

I mean sure, ideally you can go back in time and take Metcalf, but you can’t constantly operate in hindsight saying we should’ve taken what ended up the best guy. It’s just not realistic.

It could’ve been Paris Campbell or JJ Arcega-Whiteside too. Those guys are Kpass type of picks, not Mecole Hardman. Give me a ****ing break.

Veach has been amazing the last 2 years and you guys are nitpicking the living **** out of his drafts if you’re going to complain about the Hardman pick.
"What immediate starter woudl you have taken" "Names a better immediate starter at the same position"

CALM DOWN
[Reply]
O.city 11:50 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't agree with this at all.

Despite his lack of steady production, Hardman has made SEVERAL game-impacting plays over the last 2 years.

KPass doesn't even show up on the stat sheet, let alone make big plays.
THats true.

Kpass comparison is pretty harsh. I retract.

I dont' have a problem with Hardman. I thought or hoped he'd be a bit farther along as a WR by now, but he's fine. Mostly I just like getting yelled at by staylor.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:50 AM 12-23-2020
Dr. O’s been hitting the nitrous again

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Mahomes and Hardman are on different pages at times. You'll see Mahomes getting after Hardman a bit after a few of the throws they can't connect on. If they can develop that type of connection he'll be more than fine.
Let's be honest, that's probably a big part of the whole Hardman vs. Robinson problem.

It's pretty obvious that Mahomes has a connection with Robinson similar to what he was with Watkins and Hill in that Robinson seems to know exactly what to do when a play breaks down. Robinson doesn't always make a good play AFTER the catch but he's obviously better than Hardman BEFORE the catch.

Hopefully Hardman can gel with Mahomes because if he does, he's going to be infinitely more dangerous than DRob.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:54 AM 12-23-2020
"What immediate starter woudl you have taken" "Names a better immediate starter at the same position"

CALM DOWN
Yea in hindsight. That’s one fucking guy in the entire 2nd round. Take a look at the rest of the 2nd round.

After Mecole Hardman, this was the rest of the 2nd:

JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Trysten Hill
Parris Campbell
Nasir Adderley
Taylor Rapp
Andy Isabella
Juan Thornhill
DK Metcalf

The Chiefs ended up with 2 of the 3 best players on that list and you’re going to bitch about one of them? Fucking stupid dude.

Let Veach cook and :-).
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 12-23-2020
Uhh, Robinson is pretty damn dangerous after the catch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:57 AM 12-23-2020
I don't think anyone should be compared to HIll. He's an extreme outlier and in a league full of athletic freaks he stands out.
There's no shame for Hardman here.

He's already made strides. I've seen improvement already and it's still very early in his development.

And like I said, even if he doesn't continue developing at this pace, his speed and acceleration is special. He'll always be a valuable return, gadget or 3rd/4th option.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 12-23-2020
Uhh, Robinson is pretty damn dangerous after the catch.
To run backwards and then fumble. :-)

In all seriousness, he's good after the catch. Hardman has the potential to be GREAT after the catch simply because he can flat outrun people to the EZ.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:00 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To run backwards and then fumble. :-)

In all seriousness, he's good after the catch. Hardman has the potential to be GREAT after the catch simply because he can flat outrun people to the EZ.
Nah, Robinson fucking sucks after the catch. He's too busy trying to play hero ball all the damn time for some reason and ends up fucking us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 12-23-2020
Nah, Robinson fucking sucks after the catch. He's too busy trying to play hero ball all the damn time for some reason and ends up fucking us.
Yeah, he has about as many of those boneheaded plays as he does good ones it seems.

Hardman just has so much more potential to blow a play wide open.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:07 PM 12-23-2020
Hardman has a lot to learn, but so did Tyreek during his first couple seasons.

The thing about Hardman is that he is super fast. If he learns how to play a bit smarter, he could be great.

Drob is just at a point where I think he has peaked and he looks like he is getting slower and dumber. Quit running backwards/sideways man, seriously.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 53
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up