ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 103
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:58 PM 10-06-2018
R.I.P. Mizzou’s football season.

It was fun while it lasted . . . . . . sort of.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's game. Odom isn't a good enough coach to keep the team from losing its composure.
Yeah - this is the kind of game that can cost a coach his job.

They're going to get seamrolled by 'Bama next week and suddenly another fight for 6-6 is in the offing.

You can go out there and just lose games because you're not as talented as the other guy for a looooong time so long as you're in that roughly .500 range. But this is the kind of game that stands out during the post-season debriefing.

This might be Odom's 'Bowman moment'. The game where I knew Matheny was a dead man walking. I've never seen a team completely implode like this.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:58 PM 10-06-2018
Lock has sucked all game. Rain or not. Shit passes, throwing off his back foot..he has cost us a lot of points today.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:00 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Lock has sucked all game. Rain or not. Shit passes, throwing off his back foot..he has cost us a lot of points today.
He hasn't sucked all game. He played fine in the first half; nothing amazing but a credible performance.

But in the 3rd quarter, everyone failed miserably and Lock led the charge. He needed to be the guy that stopped the bleeding but instead he's just exacerbated it.

Just damn disappointing.
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 01:00 PM 10-06-2018
It's back. I CAN SEE!!!

Dinny
[Reply]
petegz28 01:01 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He hasn't sucked all game. He played fine in the first half; nothing amazing but a credible performance.

But in the 3rd quarter, everyone failed miserably and Lock led the charge. He needed to be the guy that stopped the bleeding but instead he's just exacerbated it.

Just damn disappointing.
I saw a lot of bad passes in the 1st half....typical Lock shit...under thrown ..weak..off the back foot...behind guys
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:02 PM 10-06-2018
He was awful that quarter. No one is denying that. You've also done nothing but bitch about him for three years and it's not only fucking pathetic, but it's dumb as fuck. This team wins maybe 2 games this year with one of the other QBs on the roster.
[Reply]
Best22 01:02 PM 10-06-2018
Georgia's touchback "touchdown" counted

Crockett's 70 harder didn't

CFB has the worst refs I swear
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:03 PM 10-06-2018
The sad thing is that Mizzou is a much better team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:04 PM 10-06-2018
I saw a lot of bad passes in the 1st half....typical Lock shit...under thrown ..weak..off the back foot...behind guys
He made one bad throw and it was under pressure. He also has no real timing with the weapons he has at present.

He didn't look like anything resembling 'shit'. He didn't play exceptionally well but on the road without his top 2 targets, that's going to be expected. He played fine. If you're slamming him for his first half, you were simply seeing what you wanted to see.

The 3rd quarter, OTOH, was hot garbage.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:05 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Georgia's touchback "touchdown" counted

Crockett's 70 harder didn't

CFB has the worst refs I swear
And the Georgia fg, and the fumble return on clearly stopped progress
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:06 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The sad thing is that Mizzou is a much better team.
Did you walk away from the Georgia game thinking that GA was an appreciably better team than Mizzou? I didn't.

It's looking more and more like Missouri's tendency towards unforced errors at terrible times needs to be seen as a reflection on the coaching staff. This is an experienced team that simply isn't playing with focus.

This game has to put Odom firmly on the hot seat.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:07 PM 10-06-2018
bout fucking time
[Reply]
petegz28 01:07 PM 10-06-2018
dumb call...jfc dumb call
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:09 PM 10-06-2018
dumb call...jfc dumb call
Can you please learn the game or shut the fuck up? Jesus Christ - Albert has a HUGE size advantage there against a true freshman. He's easily the best pass-catcher on the team right now and it's not particularly close.

Maybe you run it - fine. But that play is absolutely a reasonable call given that matchup. The other guys are on scholarship too.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 103
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up