ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:16 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
KEEP F ING DOUBTING TRINT GREEN

You're entitled to that opinion.

I see someone who doesn't stand for the National Anthem
FYP.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:20 PM 02-20-2018
I hate that too. Guess what, so does Clark Hunt and a large portion of the fan base of the NFL.

If It makes you feel better, I've never been on the LDT, MD train either, because I don't believe someone with split commitments is a true asset to this team(even though being a doctor is a very honorable thing and he appears to be of high character).
[Reply]
BossChief 03:22 PM 02-20-2018
I don’t care who he argues with. He takes the ball away on average every other game...and at the most opportune times.

Opposing QBs completely avoid his side of the field.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:33 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
:-)

Florio is the king of manufacturing stories for clicks and La Canfora hasn't had any real sources since NFLN dumped him. He's wrong all the fucking time. His source is probably Florios clickbait.

It's pretty ironic he suddenly has word on it after Florio guessed it may happen, may not.
Exactly.

La Canfora said we were going to take Okung mins before we drafted Berry.

No way he has any real inside info on the Chiefs.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:38 PM 02-20-2018
http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-...s-trade-rumors

Garafalo and Rapoport said they have heard nothing about this and they talked to Chiefs reps.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:46 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Garafalo and Rapoport said they have heard nothing about this and they talked to Chiefs reps.
It’s not happening
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:48 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:50 PM 02-20-2018
You only trade him if you think this is his peak. I don't think he's reached his best season, not to mention you don't know about injury possibilities, maybe Fuller or Amerson take steps back, there are too many unknowns to take the risk of not having his type of talent on the roster next year. We are one amazing year from Patrick Mahomes and some solid defensive pieces away from contending. You don't trade your star player in that time due to a few temper tantrums and not standing during the anthem, that's just foolish.

If they do trade him, you better get a first and third or better for him. I know people reach for QB's, but CB's with his numbers you should be able to win that deal pretty easily.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:51 PM 02-20-2018
whatever happens - you guys seem nice.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:51 PM 02-20-2018
& I'm glad we are friends.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 04:03 PM 02-20-2018
I'm on record. Peters is easily my least favorite Chief.

His tackling sucks, his attitude sucks. I would wager he is a locker room asshole, a risk of getting suspended for legal or drug tests and more. In addition to the likelihood of contract negotiations, how do you think he will respond to getting a huge contract? Think that will really motivate him? Doubt it.

If the people on the inside think it's time to move on....if Andy Reid is ready to move on...he's a problem.
Put me in the camp that doesn't give a shit about a corner's tackling.

I'm trying to understand how he's a risk to get suspended for drugs or legal issues? He literally does a shit ton off the field for the community, but he's a drug risk why?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:09 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Put me in the camp that doesn't give a shit about a corner's tackling.

I'm trying to understand how he's a risk to get suspended for drugs or legal issues? He literally does a shit ton off the field for the community, but he's a drug risk why?
I’ll give you two guesses.
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:10 PM 02-20-2018
You're all right. Peters is a high character person that brings no negative consequences to the team in any manner. Clark Hunt LOVES him. Andy Reid LOVES him. Veach LOVES him. He's a lock to sign a multi year contract with the Chiefs next season.

Eric Berry probably calls him to ask for life advice when things are troubling him.

I think he's a risk for suspension and getting into trouble because of his history of action both in college and now with the Chiefs. I think he's demonstrated, through his own actions that he doesn't have control of his temper and is prone to irrational decisions. None of those things ever lead to trouble with the league or the law.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:14 PM 02-20-2018
You're all right. Peters is a high character person that brings no negative consequences to the team in any manner. Clark Hunt LOVES him. Andy Reid LOVES him. Veach LOVES him. He's a lock to sign a multi year contract with the Chiefs next season.

Eric Berry probably calls him to ask for life advice when things are troubling him.

I think he's a risk for suspension and getting into trouble because of his history of action both in college and now with the Chiefs. I think he's demonstrated, through his own actions that he doesn't have control of his temper and is prone to irrational decisions. None of those things ever lead to trouble with the league or the law.
What the fuck are you babbling about? No one is saying Peters is a Saint. He has obvious character concerns. His talents FAR outweigh them.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:14 PM 02-20-2018
Everyone of the guys you mentioned has praised Peters intensity and passion for the game.

Reid has said it’s just something they need to keep in check.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up