ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 39
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Harrison Butker Appreciation Thread ***
Nickhead 10:56 PM 10-03-2017

:-) to our newest place butker

I mean he is brave enough to wear #7 :-)

3/4 made.

for now i am going to apply the kareem hunt rule when it comes to our new kicker.

botched the first, he will be game money the rest of the way? :-)

i must say it is weird seeing the fans in the screen shots of the new kicker. the old one always was shown with nothing but grass behind him. :-)
PatMahomesIsGod 10:07 AM 05-17-2024
Someone should splice his speech with the Peyton Manning “idiot, liquored up kicker” interview.
FloridaMan88 12:07 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd actually love to know the answer to this. I'm sure there's been something that has actually made a difference, but I'd love to know the "success rate." If it's above 1% I'd be floored.
Interesting…

Link: https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/36...nges-year.html

Originally Posted by :
Here’s a look at five significant Change.org petitions that worked.

1. A Change.org petition led to the beef industry ditching pink slime.

For years, so-called “pink slime,” officially known as “lean finely textured beef,” bulked up U.S. beef products under the radar. But no longer.

When Texas mom Bettina Siegel started her Change.org petition in 2012 asking the USDA to stop using pink slime in school food, she didn’t even expect to get 1,000 signatures. Nine days and 258,874 signatures later, the USDA agreed to offer schools a pink slime-free option – a decision with lasting ramifications for the beef industry. Beef Products, Inc., the leading U.S. producer of pink slime, claimed the media furor around Siegel’s petition caused it to close three of its four plants and lay off 650 people.

2. A Change.org petition prompted cell phone companies to help domestic violence victims.

When Cynthia Butterworth’s sister escaped from her abusive husband, she needed to cancel their shared cell phone contract so he couldn’t track her phone calls. But when she called Verizon, the company said ending her contract would cost $500 – money she didn’t have.

Finally, after a massive Change.org petition in 2012, Cynthia convinced Verizon to change its policies so domestic abuse victims like Cynthia’s sister could easily cancel their contracts. Then word spread, and another domestic abuse victim, “Jane Doe,” launched her own Change.org petition asking Sprint to follow suit. After the petition gained signatures, Sprint agreed to waive its $200 cancellation fee in cases involving domestic violence victims.

3. A Change.org petition led to Ruth’s Chris Steak House returning PPP funding.

Following news that Ruth’s Chris Steak House and its subsidiaries took $20 million in small business administration (SBA) loans – and that the COVID-19 Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) was running out of money for actual small businesses – J. Howard started a Change.org petition demanding the CEO return the borrowed money.

The petition ultimately garnered 262,484 signatures. The 2020 signature campaign led to intense media coverage of Ruth’s Chris Steak House and its borrowings. Eventually, the company returned the funds, freeing up $20 million in funding for worthy small businesses.

4. A Change.org petition led to Comcast postponing data cap charges.

When the COVID-19 pandemic started, parents and students were forced to upend their lives, telecommuting to work and learning from home. But Comcast customers quickly found they were potentially on the hook for new fees aimed at heavy home internet users.

In response, Luiz Lucena started a Change.org petition that quickly gathered almost 70,000 signatures asking the company not to impose a data cap during the pandemic. In February 2021, Comcast ultimately agreed to postpone the new charges until the following July.

5. A Change.org petition saved Taco Bell’s Mexican pizza.

When Taco Bell announced its plans to discontinue the Mexican pizza, outrage ensued. A beloved menu item – and fast-food touchstone for many in the South Asian community – the threat of removing the entree inspired Krish Jagirdar to start a petition demanding the menu item remain.

The petition quickly gained steam and helped to inspire viral moments like Doja Cat writing a song about her love for Taco Bell’s Mexican pizza. After ultimately gaining almost 172,000 signatures, Taco Bell responded in April 2022 that it would bring the Mexican pizza back onto its menu.

Pasta Little Brioni 12:10 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly!
But but but he luuuuuurrned his lesson! Redemption opportunity!!
Pasta Little Brioni 12:12 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
It needed to be rompered or DC'd...
A certain mod lives for this shit. Loves to let things get out of hand merely to exert power and ban people from threads. Especially those who have a different opinion from his and his disciples. He can't help it, it's just his way.

This thread is not as bad, yet....
That's Bearback for ya
Couch-Potato 12:26 PM 05-17-2024
Classy response from the owner's wife. Solid look!
Couch-Potato 01:50 PM 05-17-2024
Butker's getting skewered in all social media comments, pretty funny actually.
DJ's left nut 01:53 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Guess how many fucks he gives? Or Tavia, for that matter?
Mecca 01:58 PM 05-17-2024
He'll probably be in the ring of fame one day...

He actually has a really good chance of breaking all of the post season kicking records.
DJ's left nut 02:02 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He'll probably be in the ring of fame one day...

He actually has a really good chance of breaking all of the post season kicking records.
If he stays in KC his entire career, he could conceivably play in more post-season games than anyone in NFL history.

And he's a devout, extremely proud guy.

If it all went away for him tomorrow, he'd take his $22 million in career earnings, leave the sport and preach the Gospel for the rest of his life, happier than a pig in shit to do so.

Nobody can touch him. And it just pisses them right off.

Be mad on Twitter all you want - he does not care even a little bit.

It's pretty much textbook 'impotent rage' on social media right now. The fact that this simply won't phase him one bit makes his vocal detractors all the more angry.

So in the Harrison Butker Appreciation thread - yeah, I can appreciate the hell out of that kind of self-assurance.
Mecca 02:03 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If he stays in KC his entire career, he could conceivably play in more post-season games than anyone in NFL history.

If it all went away for him tomorrow, he'd take his $22 million in career earnings, leave the sport and preach the Gospel for the rest of his life, happier than a pig in shit to do so.

It's pretty much textbook 'impotent rage' on social media right now. The fact that this simply won't phase him one bit makes his vocal detractors all the more angry.

So in the Harrison Butker Appreciation thread - yeah, I can appreciate the hell out of that kind of self-assurance.
Like I said I don't really care, his relevance to me is that he makes kicks and he's damn good at that.
TEX 02:27 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

:-)
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:04 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Goes to show we don't live in a patriarchy because those comments wouldn't be allowed to stand if it did exist.

The outrage just reinforces how correct he is.

Good for Butker. :-)
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Like I said I don't really care, his relevance to me is that he makes kicks and he's damn good at that.
I enjoy people being mad online. So I get a kick out of it.

And of course, he's really good at kicking the ball far and straight. That helps.

Like I said - it's the stridence that I respect. As there's a political thread for any insights on WHAT he said, I'm simply removing that from the equation for the moment. It's that the dude said it with his chest out knowing full well what the reaction would be.

The guy absolutely 100% believes every word he said there. And the failure of, lets just say typical online opposition, is that they never seem to accept the possibility that their targets may be steadfast in what it is they believe and aren't just saying it for the LOLZ.

I like seeing that kind of steel in a guy who plays football for my favorite football team.
Rausch 03:07 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Goes to show we don't live in a patriarchy because those comments wouldn't be allowed to stand if it did exist.

The outrage just reinforces how correct he is.

Good for Butker. :-)
The Chiefs are collecting a concert of triggering non-factors to most that just finds a way to butt-hurt the world.

I'm gonna' have a CHIEFS 3PEAT shirt made with Trump, Swift, and Kelce all making out and shooting each other with vaccines while Butker grabs a sandwich from her...
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 05-17-2024
Oh lord.

A T-Shirt with Taylor Swift making Harrison Butker a sammich would absolutely set the internet ablaze.

I'm here for it...
Page 31 of 39
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up