ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 42
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 10:32 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
I actually believe it's the contrary, and Clay and countless others on here have showed numerous stats to show this. Everyone says Aaron Rodgers but he was learning from Brett Favre lol not Alex Smith. When Alex can hold Brett's jockstrap then you can make the comparison. The people who started Peyton Manning and countless other year one QBs must not have near the knowledge of you and your endless wisdom :-) Go to bed you're drunk.
I don't think Rodgers learned anything from Favre. All indications were Favre and Rodgers never liked each other so why would he teach him anything.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:36 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
I don't think Rodgers learned anything from Favre. All indications were Favre and Rodgers never liked each other so why would he teach him anything.
Mahomes and Alex are always talking to each other and smiling. I don't see any hate there.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:40 PM 08-19-2017
I actually believe it's the contrary, and Clay and countless others on here have showed numerous stats to show this. Everyone says Aaron Rodgers but he was learning from Brett Favre lol not Alex Smith. When Alex can hold Brett's jockstrap then you can make the comparison. The people who started Peyton Manning and countless other year one QBs must not have near the knowledge of you and your endless wisdom :-) Go to bed you're drunk.
Pat is a pretty raw prospect. He would admit this himself. His college coach would admit it as well. Alex Smith may not have Pat's physical ability with the arm strength, but Alex is one of the smartest QB's in the league. Pat can learn a lot from him and I think he is soaking up every bit of information he can while Alex is still on the team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:41 PM 08-19-2017
Smith has played great and Mahomes was awesome with that said he had 2 real bad plays. That first throw goes for 6 the other way against New England and on that scramble where he ran back 15 yards probably goes as a huge loss.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:41 PM 08-19-2017
Aikman and Manning sucked their first year...as did Carr. If the Chiefs had no one in front of him..then yeah, why not.

There is not any reason to rush Mahomes...KC plays this right...they have a legit QB for a decade. There are a lot details he can learn from watching Smith for an actual season...how he handles being a pro, the media..day-to-day adversity, preparation, and pressure at the professional level.
[Reply]
thegame214 10:44 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Are you sure? Because all this learning of sitting Mahomes I keep hearing about makes it seem like Alex is gonna give him a "How to play QB for KC for dummies" while they sip hot cocoa and listen to Ed Sheeran.

Alex isn't teaching Mahomes a damn thing. Reid is salivating over how much he's gonna be able to open up the playbook.
[Reply]
thegame214 10:45 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Aikman and Manning sucked their first year...as did Carr. If the Chiefs had no one in front of him..then yeah, why not.

There is not any reason to rush Mahomes...KC plays this right...they have a legit QB for a decade. There are a lot details he can learn from watching Smith for an actual season...how he handles being a pro, the media..adversity, pressure at the professional level.
Their teams were garbage, we swept the division last year.
[Reply]
thegame214 10:47 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Pat is a pretty raw prospect. He would admit this himself. His college coach would admit it as well. Alex Smith may not have Pat's physical ability with the arm strength, but Alex is one of the smartest QB's in the league. Pat can learn a lot from him and I think he is soaking up every bit of information he can while Alex is still on the team.
Can you be specific on the things he's smarter at than Pat currently? I think you're confusing "smart" with "safe".
[Reply]
Bowser 10:47 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
Smith has played great and Mahomes was awesome with that said he had 2 real bad plays. That first throw goes for 6 the other way against New England and on that scramble where he ran back 15 yards probably goes as a huge loss.
Thanks, Keitzman
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:50 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

There is not any reason to rush Mahomes...KC plays this right...they have a legit QB for a decade. There are a lot details he can learn from watching Smith for an actual season...how he handles being a pro, the media..day-to-day adversity, and pressure at the professional level.
And there it was:

EXACTLY what I've been fucking saying since day one:

Smith's greatest contribution to Mahomes would have absolutely NOTHING to do with performance itself, but rather the other side of the deal which encompasses all of the things you just mentioned.

Welp, I'm glad you've finally seen and agreed to my wisdom, Padawan. What a GREAT DAY at the ol' CP for you! :-)
[Reply]
thegame214 10:50 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
And his long run would be a touchdown if he didn't step out of bounds, lots of "ifs" and "probably" scenarios, I wouldn't call them bad plays.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:52 PM 08-19-2017
Can you be specific on the things he's smarter at than Pat currently? I think you're confusing "smart" with "safe".
From experience alone, he should know the playbook a lot better than Mahomes. But the other thing with experience is just knowing how defenses in the NFL operate. Pat has all the physical talent in the world, but only time will tell if he can succeed with the mental side of the game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:53 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Thanks, Keitzman
Yeah sorry for offering a different take god forbid we actually have a discussion on a football board.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:59 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
From experience alone, he should know the playbook a lot better than Mahomes. But the other thing with experience is just knowing how defenses in the NFL operate. Pat has all the physical talent in the world, but only time will tell if he can succeed with the mental side of the game.
I think "time" is telling us quite a bit already. Kid was nothing but business, good business, out there.
No, he hasn't been in the NFL for 10 years, but it's not like he hasn't been a workaholic his whole football life either. Players respond to him, and he's a natural leader.
I don't think people are quite understanding that Mahomes ISN'T your average rookie.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:00 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I think "time" is telling us quite a bit already. Kid was nothing but business, good business, out there.
No, he hasn't been in the NFL for 10 years, but it's not like he hasn't been a workaholic his whole football life either. Players respond to him, and he's a natural leader.
I don't think people are quite understanding that Mahomes ISN'T your average rookie.
What do you consider a average rookie?
[Reply]
Page 31 of 42
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up