ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 64
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:52 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Cap was getting his ass kicked by Iron Man. Iron Man was kicking his and Bucky's rear end together.

Bucky distracted him for one second unexpectedly and Cap threw him down and assaulted him with the shield. It was a legitimate victory, with a minimum on PIS.

Tony’s suit wasn’t even operational by the end of Civil War after the work Cap and Bucky put in on it. I’m sorry but a couple really strong dudes shouldn’t be able to dismantle a billion dollar WMD with their bare hands.

But OK. Iron Man was holding back, they were indoors limiting IM’s maneuverability, it was 2-on-1, etc. Whatever.

Explain Cap clowning Spider-Man..
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:02 PM 04-30-2018

From a guy who never knows when to quit, I’m glad you guys never did. Congrats #Avengers. pic.twitter.com/voJshTKx5E

— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) April 29, 2018

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:04 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Tony’s suit wasn’t even operational by the end of Civil War after the work Cap and Bucky put in on it. I’m sorry but a couple really strong dudes shouldn’t be able to dismantle a billion dollar WMD with their bare hands.

But OK. Iron Man was holding back, they were indoors limiting IM’s maneuverability, it was 2-on-1, etc. Whatever.

Explain Cap clowning Spider-Man..
I think the Vibranum Shield was Cap’s only real equalizer in that fight. It’s what grounded IM’s flight and ultimately disabled the suit.

Cap neutralizing spidey (spidey wasn’t clowned, he just had to catch an entire walkway) can be chalked up to a fifteen year old getting humbled in his first ever fight against other enhanced foe.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:05 PM 04-30-2018
http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/30/aven...4-ec7c280029c6

Originally Posted by :
It’s official: Avengers: Infinity War has exceeded expectations to deliver the biggest box office opening of all time.

Infinity War has delivered an estimated $258.2 million domestically to beat Star Wars: The Force Awakens for the U.S. opening weekend record.

Not only that, but the Avengers sequel has raked in $382.7 million internationally bringing its global tally to $640.9 million — that’s more than halfway to a billion dollars in less than a week of ticket sales.

The numbers put Disney past the billion dollar mark in annual ticket sales faster than any other studio in history.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:07 PM 04-30-2018
I’m about to go in to watch this in IMAX 3D at the Olathe AMC. I’m stoked for this.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:11 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I’m about to go in to watch this in IMAX 3D at the Olathe AMC. I’m stoked for this.
Leave this thread immediately and don't come back till you have seen it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:08 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just seems a little silly, and as someone who has stayed away from this thread BECAUSE of the spoilers, I immediately just left because it was taking 50 clicks just to read the damn thread.
anytime you stray from the standard “if it’s broadcast or in theatres it’s fair game”, your not going to satisfy everyone. In this case it was a pretty broad consensus. A rarity indeed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:13 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Just an outstanding feat of filmmaking.
I've already said that the Russo brothers should take over the next Star Wars trilogy. Being able to make all that work together without it being a hot mess was a feat l bet few could have pulled off.
[Reply]
banecat 03:22 PM 04-30-2018
Will part two contain a scene showing Reed Richards, and Charles Xavier stating that the same time that they thought that the avengers could have handled it, and that's why they just watched the carnage on the TV?

Isn't the hulk supposed to just keep on becoming angrier and stronger which is why he's so dangerous?

Is the story of the stones being formed by the big bang and spread throughout the universe directly from the comics? It reminded me of the plots of the phantom, or the kingdom of the crystal skull

Thanos isn't bad, but Loki still is their best villain so far. And I'm no longer a huge star wars fan, but he's not even close to the vader comparisons. The same thing with the empire strikes back too. But maybe if you were to share your drugs with me I'd see it too

I'm not the first to say that Strange sounds like House, M.D.?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:32 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think the Vibranum Shield was Cap’s only real equalizer in that fight. It’s what grounded IM’s flight and ultimately disabled the suit.

Cap neutralizing spidey (spidey wasn’t clowned, he just had to catch an entire walkway) can be chalked up to a fifteen year old getting humbled in his first ever fight against other enhanced foe.
Considering Spider-Man is significantly stronger, quicker, faster, more durable, more intelligent and with faster reflexes, he got clowned. Realistically (lol), it would be like Mike Tyson fighting a 12 year old.

I'll chalk that one up to it being Cap's movie. They wanted to show him love. Doesn't make it any less bullshit.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:40 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
Thanos isn't bad, but Loki still is their best villain so far.
Explain.

Loki is powerful, but isn't as powerful as Thanos.

Thanos killed half the world's population with a snap of his fingers. Loki didn't do that. Thanos is much more of a threat.

Thanos also has a purpose for what he's doing other than domination. He believes what he's doing is right for everyone by bringing balance. Loki just wanted power.
[Reply]
banecat 04:50 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Explain.

Loki is powerful, but isn't as powerful as Thanos.

Thanos killed half the world's population with a snap of his fingers. Loki didn't do that. Thanos is much more of a threat.
I know. Thanos is more powerful than Loki is. I like Loki as being the MCU's best villain. Not the most powerful one. It could be that Loki's had more screen time, and Thanos was mentioned, shown, and now thrust into being the central character
[Reply]
Hawk 04:50 PM 04-30-2018
LOL at Loki being a better villain than Thanos. Loki is a weasel and a wuss.
[Reply]
banecat 04:56 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Hawk:
LOL at Loki being a better villain than Thanos. Loki is a weasel and a wuss.
Highly intelligent, and a lot better than the cardboard cutout called Thanos
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:57 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
Highly intelligent, and a lot better than the cardboard cutout called Thanos
Thanos isn't a cardboard cut out, though.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 64
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up