ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 42
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 08:18 AM 10-19-2021
Well, off to a great start this am.

First patient was an ortho patient, changed out her ligatures, no biggie.

Second one was an emergency patient with bombed out teeth everywhere. "Which one hurts the worst?. Well, none of them are worse but whatever you think".

Ok, that tells me nothing. But lets see what we can figure out. Tap around and find one on the bottom that's in bad shape and hurting. Ok, lets start there.

Meanwhile, I have 2 other chairs full with hygienist in one cleaning a patient and the next one waiting to get anesthesia so we can do some fillings.

I go to give the guy an injection to numb him up on the lower and he absolutely sounds like he's having a stroke and an orgasm at the same time. Yelling, moaning, screaming, moving around and kicking. I didn't even inject any anesthesia and he's losing his mind.

I calmly pull the needle out, take my gloves off and walk out. The rest of the office is just wide eyed and scared now.

Give him a card to go get put to sleep at the oral surgeon and he's pissed because I can't do it here.

Good lord.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:27 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, off to a great start this am.

First patient was an ortho patient, changed out her ligatures, no biggie.

Second one was an emergency patient with bombed out teeth everywhere. "Which one hurts the worst?. Well, none of them are worse but whatever you think".

Ok, that tells me nothing. But lets see what we can figure out. Tap around and find one on the bottom that's in bad shape and hurting. Ok, lets start there.

Meanwhile, I have 2 other chairs full with hygienist in one cleaning a patient and the next one waiting to get anesthesia so we can do some fillings.

I go to give the guy an injection to numb him up on the lower and he absolutely sounds like he's having a stroke and an orgasm at the same time. Yelling, moaning, screaming, moving around and kicking. I didn't even inject any anesthesia and he's losing his mind.

I calmly pull the needle out, take my gloves off and walk out. The rest of the office is just wide eyed and scared now.

Give him a card to go get put to sleep at the oral surgeon and he's pissed because I can't do it here.

Good lord.
Some people are pussies..
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:31 AM 10-19-2021
"waiting room full of inmates and Amish" sounds like the title to a Frank Zappa song
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:00 AM 10-19-2021
Last time I had to get numbed up, that jackass stuck the needle directly into my jaw joint. I about jumped out of my skin. I can't say it was the worst pain I've ever experienced, but it was right up there
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Last time I had to get numbed up, that jackass stuck the needle directly into my jaw joint. I about jumped out of my skin. I can't say it was the worst pain I've ever experienced, but it was right up there
Like, from the outside?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:04 AM 10-19-2021
Like, from the outside?
No, from the inside. I was having a shitload of dental work done
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
No, from the inside. I was having a shitload of dental work done
Ah yeah, thats what I figured.

It's called a nerve block. The lower teeth are innervated by the Inferior Alveolar nerve, which runs in the mandible just below the teeth. The problem with getting it numb is you can't easily penetrate bone so you have to do what's called an IA nerve block.

Basically, you get anesthetic to the nerve in the spot it goes into said bone, way back by the "jawbone" in the posterior of the mouth.

I'll see if i can find a video.
[Reply]
O.city 10-19-2021, 09:13 AM
This message has been deleted by O.city.
O.city 09:15 AM 10-19-2021
Ah yeah, thats what I figured.

It's called a nerve block. The lower teeth are innervated by the Inferior Alveolar nerve, which runs in the mandible just below the teeth. The problem with getting it numb is you can't easily penetrate bone so you have to do what's called an IA nerve block.

Basically, you get anesthetic to the nerve in the spot it goes into said bone, way back by the "jawbone" in the posterior of the mouth.

I'll see if i can find a video.
https://youtu.be/hOVtwtC6pck
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:13 AM 10-19-2021
My teeth are fine but I’m going to get them all pulled out anyway so I don’t have to deal with them anymore.
[Reply]
O.city 12:03 PM 02-18-2022
Been a while so lets have a dental roundtable!!

What a Friday so far.

First guy this morning broke a tooth under a partial and needed a crown on it. There's metal clasping, which also broke. So Dr. O.city got to try his old solder skills. It should hold but we'll see.

Anyway, it went off without a hitch. No problem.

Next patient is a friend of my assistant. Spent an hour and a half cutting out an upper molar. Dude is a short little African American guy. They (AFrican Americans) are known to have super dense bone, this guy was no exception to the rule. I went thru multiple drills as they kept getting dull.

Finally got the palatal root out. Not sure who was more relieved him or me.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 05-09-2022
Pulpotomy (basically a root canal) on a 6 year old to kick off monday morning.

Awesome.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:17 AM 05-09-2022
Boy do I have some questions for O.City. Not a fun morning when your dentists says “start saving” for your 6 year old kid. Agh
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Boy do I have some questions for O.City. Not a fun morning when your dentists says “start saving” for your 6 year old kid. Agh
Saving for like, orthodontic stuff or what?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 AM 05-09-2022
Saving for like, orthodontic stuff or what?
Sent PM
[Reply]
Page 31 of 42
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up