« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:28 PM 04-03-2023
Anyone point out that it was kindof a bitchmade move to wait until after the game was decided to start throwing shade? I suspect someone has.

Because it was.

I don't suspect they were talking trash when she was about to shoot them back into that thing.

Then again - this is essentially mid-tier boys HS basketball so WTF do I care?
[Reply]
jd1020 01:29 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I think USA women's soccer team argument is a bit different, though. Men got paid way more and have performed way worse internationally while women got paid nothing or way less if they advanced or won more games or won the World Cup.
How is it different? Womens soccer doesn't bring in anywhere close to the same amount of money as mens soccer. It doesn't matter how much better they are in their sport, they still only bring in a fraction of the money.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 04-03-2023
I think USA women's soccer team argument is a bit different, though. Men got paid way more and have performed way worse internationally while women got paid nothing or way less if they advanced or won more games or won the World Cup.
So what?

Have you size the prize pool for the women's world cup vs. the men's?

The size of the slice in question barely matters when the difference in the size of the pie is as extreme as it. Women don't even watch women's sports - it's a non-starter of an 'argument'.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:31 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
How is it different? Womens soccer doesn't bring in anywhere close to the same amount of money as mens soccer. It doesn't matter how much better they are in their sport, they still only bring in a fraction of the money.
Greatest curlers in the world, men or women, don't make near as much as your worst NFL players.

IT'S BULLSHIT!

And folks, women's basketball/soccer aren't that much less further removed from the men's product than curling is to football. They're barely the same sport.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:32 PM 04-03-2023
I didn't have this thread on my Offseason Bingo card....... Its actually pretty good now
[Reply]
jd1020 01:32 PM 04-03-2023
The mens world cup brought in 6 billion dollars. The womens world cup brought in 131 million. Tell me, who should be paid more?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:33 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So what?

Have you size the prize pool for the women's world cup vs. the men's?

The size of the slice in question barely matters when the difference in the size of the pie is as extreme as it. Women don't even watch women's sports - it's a non-starter of an 'argument'.
International teams are rewarded based on their performance. Men were getting paid while losing and women were not getting paid anything while winning and going further.

Not saying it should be 1 to 1, but the difference shouldn't be that dramatic.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:38 PM 04-03-2023
Yeah, I’m not buying into that although I do think women were grossly underpaid compared to how much they’ve rolled in. But without a doubt equal pay is ludicrous given the revenue streams for each sport not to mention the competition for good players who are getting paid bajillions in europe.

They have a better argument but it’s not that compelling. Their superstars like Alex Morgan are doing more than fine with all the sponsorship $ they’re raking in.

For the wnba it’s not even a conversation.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:39 PM 04-03-2023
No, it is not.

The men's team generated the most money. They deserved to be paid more. The women's team wanted more money despite not financially earning it.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:41 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
No, it is not.

The men's team generated the most money. They deserved to be paid more. The women's team wanted more money despite not financially earning it.
Did you completely ignore what I said?

I never said men shouldn’t have been paid more. Just that women’s national team was underpaid based on the standards used for compensating men.

Not remotely the same discussion as WNBA.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:42 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It is absolutely bizarre to me that anybody would be bitching this hard about some girl trash talking a trash talker after winning a championship. Society has gone soft.
Exactly this. There is like 300 posts about a little bit of trash talk. I kept reading, thinking I would get to something worth posting 300 times about. Nope. Just a little bit of smack.

Fucking insanity.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:42 PM 04-03-2023
International teams are rewarded based on their performance. Men were getting paid while losing and women were not getting paid anything while winning and going further.

Not saying it should be 1 to 1, but the difference shouldn't be that dramatic.
The USMNT still generated significantly more $ than the USWNT.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:43 PM 04-03-2023
Did you completely ignore what I said?

I never said men shouldn’t have been paid more. Just that women’s national team was underpaid based on the standards used for compensating men.

Not remotely the same discussion as WNBA.
The men's team actually faces tough competition. The women's team plays a pushover schedule.

Even so, the men generate more money. They should be compensated at a higher rate.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:44 PM 04-03-2023
This is your post on the matter.

You're literally bitching about it because you don't like it.
False.

I was answering the notion that Caitlin could save the WNBA.

Ain't happening.

Then you got all uppity and women's lib on us.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:46 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
The men's team actually faces tough competition. The women's team plays a pushover schedule.

Even so, the men generate more money. They should be compensated at a higher rate.
I never said they shouldn't be making more than women in this instance.

Just that the women should be getting more for going further and winning.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 184
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up