ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 309 of 386
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319359 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:55 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
well, at least this makes sense now

And that’s probably where Arya gets her and then she goes on to be with Drogo again like the rest of that vision.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 PM 05-12-2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:09 PM 05-12-2019
Anyone got some bright ideas for how they're going to get through Drogon to kill Dany?

Or is Drogon gonna be like "sup Jon, let's be friends"
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:10 PM 05-12-2019
Varys is poisioning her. Maybe that’s why she went 100% mad?
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:12 PM 05-12-2019
Anyone got some bright ideas for how they're going to get through Drogon to kill Dany?

Jon is a Targ. Drogon won’t do shit to him. He might dislike him but he would never kill him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:13 PM 05-12-2019

Bran wargs, Arya kills her but the unsullied and Dorthraki are not going to be happy. Whoever Varys was sending that info to, will deal with them? Or Bran wargs and burns them up?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Bran wargs, Arya kills her but the unsullied and Dorthraki are not going to be happy. Whoever Varys was sending that info to, will deal with them? Or Bran wargs and burns them up?
This is the only way I feel like the ending can be remotely interesting.

I'm sure it's going to suck ass though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:36 PM 05-12-2019
Oh yeah, and THIS.

Originally Posted by :
Forget how easily the dragon destroyed the iron fleet, i was most disappointed with the Golden Company practically being useless. What the hell were they doing outside the walls against an attacking army with no siege weapons?
B&W are retards.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:38 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
On that last point, I’ll say this played out pretty faithfully to what can happen in War when a city falls. Nothing matters anymore. Everything goes to hell
This occurred to me during the episode also. And pretty much this is what the Dothraki do.

But that aspect of the episode was pretty powerful.

Originally Posted by DaFace:
The more I think about it, the more I think that this could actually have been GRRM's ending. The path they took to get here is idiotic and made it seem nonsensical, but think about it.

The good guys become the bad guys. Dany becomes the tyrant. The northmen and the unsullied kill innocent people. No one is good or bad in GRRM's world - only shades of grey. It's exactly the kind of shit he would do.

I just wish they'd taken the time to set up Dany's arc more effectively.
This is where I’m at.

I actually came here to post, “Now you fucks know what we felt like when they killed Ned and the Red Wedding.”

Then I thought wow. This is a lot like those things. People take out with all these great fucking intentions and do shit right. Then they drop little clues that all might not be unicorns and rainbows in never land. Shit gets messy and then everything goes to fuck. Fucking fuck. That’s exactly the structure of what’s Martin would do.

I was real pissed when she didn’t just torch the Red Keep and went full fuck the world, but I kind of got it. Her only advisors had betrayed her or at least she thought so except Grey Worm and he gave no fucks either. Again, best of intentions and everything goes to fuck. It was rushed but they did it.

There was some real nice work with Varys when they went though a couple times that power is where men think it is. Wrong-o douche. Should have listened to Tywin talk about dragons at Herronhall.

I was disappointed Jamie actually went back to save her but it makes sense. At the end of the day he’s a fucking junkie.

Arya’s storyline was good. She was all cocky because she killed the night king. Then she gets sent to fuck. So she tried to save people. NOPE. Think again.

At the end of the day it took a lot of luck to kill the NK. And she didn’t have it today. Like a lot were whining about here being Deus Ex Arya, was undone in the episode.

Like most of the rest of the episodes after they ran out of books, it had problems but it was damned entertaining.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:39 PM 05-12-2019
Oh. And I’m pretty sure Sapochnik could direct a movie about paint drying and it would be compelling television.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:42 PM 05-12-2019
Not gonna lie, I was glued to my TV set.

It was just fucking unbelievable as all hell.

At least Anakin Skywalker killed some innocent Tusken Raiders before he butchered younglings.

Not buying this BS at all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:48 PM 05-12-2019
Not gonna lie, I was glued to my TV set.

It was just fucking unbelievable as all hell.

At least Anakin Skywalker killed some innocent Tusken Raiders before he butchered younglings.

Not buying this BS at all.
Eh. After it all set I kind of got it. Missandei was the softest heart of them all, embodiment of what she was trying to get done, and she pretty much screamed burn them all. The only advisor that she feels didn’t betray her threw the only memory of her into the fire.

I mean, it’s all there. It was rushed, yes. Criminally so, but it’s there.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:51 PM 05-12-2019
If someone kills Dany and Dragon goes apeshit until Bran wargs into him, that may be a way that Bran ends up as the one who sits on the throne. The only one willing to do it who could also control a dragon. Because what else are they going to do about Dragon after someone kills his mommy? You just saw him easily waste the most advanced city in the realm of the show.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 12:15 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eh. After it all set I kind of got it. Missandei was the softest heart of them all, embodiment of what she was trying to get done, and she pretty much screamed burn them all. The only advisor that she feels didn’t betray her threw the only memory of her into the fire.

Uh... what? Jesus Christ... it'd be easier to build a foundation with toilet paper. D&D are hack writers. That's it. No need for justification.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:29 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Yup. Burning of the tarleys, her eccentric title, her obsession with knee bending. She has a gollum like obsession for the throne. Now she's lost or been betrayed by her moral advisors. Isolated almost to the point of being mocked. And has multiple people scheming against her. She's left with olennas advice to ignore everyone else and just go for the throat. I thought the beginning of episode 4 started to show her social awkwardness. Would have liked to see more of that so this wasn't so damned rushed. But it definitely wasn't a 180. Just a bigger rushed leap than it should have been.
[Reply]
Page 309 of 386
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319359 > Last »
Up