ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 307 of 663
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317357407 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Jerm 10:53 PM 05-23-2015
Don't really know how you can justify Gus getting a title shot coming off an ass whupping...I would think he an Bader would fight and the winner gets a shot.

I wish Weidman would get nutso and fight some at 205...
[Reply]
alnorth 10:55 PM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Reading back through these posts, DC is very underrated here. Someone even mentioned that they weren't sure if he had anything for the top level LHW's.....really? This is a dude that has lost exactly ONE fight, to Jon Jones. Prior to that, he was undefeated, including fighting undersized at heavyweight against guys like Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva. Not to mention absolutely manhandling Dan Henderson on the ground their entire fight. The dude is legit.
I just don't get the DC hate. Yeah, he's a wrestler which isn't as fun to watch as a striker, and yeah he talked a lot of shit about Jones and lost, but come on. DC did a lot of impressive shit before he threw Rumble around tonight, it wouldn't be weird to think that maybe he learned something from his fight with Bones and would perhaps beat him next time.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:56 PM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Don't really know how you can justify Gus getting a title shot coming off an ass whupping...I would think he an Bader would fight and the winner gets a shot.

I wish Weidman would get nutso and fight some at 205...
I was just thinking that. With 205 so weak Weidman and Rockhold might be at the top of the LHW division also.
[Reply]
KC native 10:57 PM 05-23-2015
Reading back through these posts, DC is very underrated here. Someone even mentioned that they weren't sure if he had anything for the top level LHW's.....really? This is a dude that has lost exactly ONE fight, to Jon Jones. Prior to that, he was undefeated, including fighting undersized at heavyweight against guys like Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva. Not to mention absolutely manhandling Dan Henderson on the ground their entire fight. The dude is legit.
He's a legit fighter. He's also a gigantic douche.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:57 PM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
I just don't get the DC hate. Yeah, he's a wrestler which isn't as fun to watch as a striker, and yeah he talked a lot of shit about Jones and lost, but come on. DC did a lot of impressive shit before he threw Rumble around tonight, it wouldn't be weird to think that maybe he learned something from his fight with Bones and would perhaps beat him next time.
I agree.
[Reply]
KC native 10:58 PM 05-23-2015
He can't dominate Jones on the ground like he did to Rumble. He can't stand and trade with him.

Cormier has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Jones.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:58 PM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
And Jones isn't? If we're judging fighters off of personality, Jones leads the pack in douchiness, and apparently he's up there in irresponsibility as well.
[Reply]
KC native 10:59 PM 05-23-2015
And Jones isn't? If we're judging fighters off of personality, Jones leads the pack in douchiness, and apparently he's up there in irresponsibility as well.
Jones isn't a douche.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:02 PM 05-23-2015
And since when is douchiness factored into the ability to fight. Guys in here were pretty much writing him off and assuming that he (an olympic level wrestler) would have trouble tonight handling a guy that is notorious for being handled by wrestlers. Rumble was wrestlefucked by Josh Koscheck for crying out loud.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:02 PM 05-23-2015
Jones isn't a douche.
Matter of opinion. I disagree.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:03 PM 05-23-2015
Jones is a POS but at least he was a true champion. There is a difference in my book between champions and guys that just have held the belt.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:05 PM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Jones is a POS but at least he was a true champion. There is a difference in my book between champions and guys that have held the belt.
I don't completely disagree here. There's certainly a little bit of a cloud over this whole situation. We see Cormier with the belt, but we all know how things went down. Kinda sucks, but it's Jon's own fault that Cormier is walking around with his belt right now. So, oh well.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:06 PM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Jones is a POS but at least he was a true champion. There is a difference in my book between champions and guys that just have held the belt.
I believe that DC could beat Jones. He did not beat Jones last time because he did not have the correct camp and plan for him, but you seem to be writing him off as some random scrub, when in reality DC has previously been dominating good fighters.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:08 PM 05-23-2015
I believe that DC could beat Jones. He did not beat Jones last time because he did not have the correct camp and plan for him, but you seem to be writing him off as some random scrub, when in reality DC has previously been dominating good fighters.
Not at all. I would compare him to Chad Mendes of the 145 division.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:14 PM 05-23-2015
I don't completely disagree here. There's certainly a little bit of a cloud over this whole situation. We see Cormier with the belt, but we all know how things went down. Kinda sucks, but it's Jon's own fault that Cormier is walking around with his belt right now. So, oh well.
Right. Not sure what the UFC could have done but Im sure they were pulling for Rumble as to not have the cloud you speak of hovering. At least Rumble hadnt been pounded by JJ so they could sale that.
[Reply]
Page 307 of 663
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317357407 > Last »
Up