ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 306 of 386
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316356 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:05 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What is he wrong about? Daenerys went from 0 to 100 because Jon told people what his real name was and ringing bells. Fucking stupid and forced.
He's literally wrong about everything he ever posts.

I'm not even arguing for the quality of what we've been given, but it's been pretty damned easy to surmise that they juuuust might make Dany a mad queen at some point. They've literally been hinting at the possibility since the first season and really laying it on thick over the last few.

His douchy "you're all idiots she's not even close to being crazy" shit rubbed me the wrong way. He's a fucking dumbass and he's also an asshole.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:06 PM 05-12-2019
Jon could have avoided this by knowingly banging his Aunt again. Targs don’t have a problem with incest but Starks do. Remember that Dany always thought she was gonna marry Viserys. Jon’ s rejection of her was the straw.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:08 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Also, what's the fucking point of Bran's character now. WHAT POINT DOES HIS CHARACTER HAVE? WHY WAS HE EVER AROUND.

Bran's whole "point" to being now is that he's reduced to a goddamn fishing lure.
He's played a big part, most everyone has.

Not every piece is a king or queen. Some are just pawns.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:08 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
She lost Jon in the scene where she was coming on to Jon strong. That was the last straw.

Her inner circle has pretty much been blown up, Varys betrayed, her Hand hasn’t been successful with battle plans at all, Missendrei gets executed, Lord Friendzone dies in her hands in the Great War, losing her dragon again etc.

It’s been building up, and not sure what else you write in.
Again, it makes sense that she went full Mad Queen considering the events leading up to it. It's just that most of the events leading up to it were extremely forced or just outright fucking stupid.

Tyrion is a complete failure as her hand despite being one of the most intelligent characters.

Rhaegal gets yeeted and Missandei captured and executed because "Dany kind of forgot about Eurons forces."

Losing Viserion in the first place was the result of an incredibly stupid plan by Jon that did nothing but give the Night King a dragon to ride around on.

Jorah and Varys make sense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 PM 05-12-2019
The only thing I got left is that Bran wargs into Drogon and destroys Dany and the rest of her army, before impaling Drogon on something.

That would be interesting at least.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:09 PM 05-12-2019
Logically, this is what should happen.

Dany gets ganked by Arya because after that stunt no one in Westoros will support her.

Grey Worm gets executed by Jon for participating in the massacre.

No one is put on the Iron Throne because Kings Landing is gone. The seven kingdoms become 7 or so independent kingdoms.

Jon says fuck this I am out and heads past the wall to live with Tormund.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:09 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The ending we deserved had Cersei, Bronn and Qyburn eating it in Season 7 (exactly like this).

It would have been much harder to write, but Dany and Jon should have been the main conflict the entire season if they were going this way. The Starks should have known who Dany was the entire season, used her to kill off the White Walkers, but been plotting the whole time.
Oh I think Sansa has been, even if we didn't see her tonight. She did say, "What if there is someone better?"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 PM 05-12-2019
Again, it makes sense that she went full Mad Queen considering the events leading up to it.
Actually it doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

A little crazy and burning people she thinks are betraying her? Sure.

MURDERING AN ENTIRE CITY OF INNOCENT PEOPLE?

No fucking way.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:12 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Which is fine until Cersei lops Messenrei's head off and Tyrion is standing right below her with 500 archers looking at him. Why she didn't kill Tyrion there was silly knowing how bad she hated him and who she was thinking she had the upper hand.
Because she knows Tyrion has been trying to save the Lannister family. If you back to their last meeting in season 7 after being shown the white walker, Tyrion tells Cersei that he’s been making every effort to keep the Lannister family alive. She doesn’t kill him then, either. She knows.

Of course in this episode, Tyrion sets Jaime free to save them.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:12 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Because she knows Tyrion has been trying to save the Lannister family. If you back to their last meeting in season 7 after being shown the white walker, Tyrion tells Cersei that he’s been making every effort to keep the Lannister family alive. She doesn’t kill him then, either. She knows.
So why did she send Bronn to kill Tyrion and Jaime? Is she the fucking Joker of Westeros and knew that Bronn would switch alliegence? Why send him at all then?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:13 PM 05-12-2019
Ayra gets dick. Kills Night King.

Dany gets no dick. Goes crazy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05-12-2019, 10:14 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants.
Pogue 10:15 PM 05-12-2019
Again, it makes sense that she went full Mad Queen considering the events leading up to it. It's just that most of the events leading up to it were extremely forced or just outright fucking stupid.

Tyrion is a complete failure as her hand despite being one of the most intelligent characters.

Rhaegal gets yeeted and Missandei captured and executed because "Dany kind of forgot about Eurons forces."

Losing Viserion in the first place was the result of an incredibly stupid plan by Jon that did nothing but give the Night King a dragon to ride around on.

Jorah and Varys make sense.
You don’t think Tyrion’s “mistakes” were done on purpose?

I do agree some of the plots were forced. Hard to do so otherwise when GOT cuts back on episodes.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:16 PM 05-12-2019
Actually it doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

A little crazy and burning people she thinks are betraying her? Sure.

MURDERING AN ENTIRE CITY OF INNOCENT PEOPLE?

No fucking way.
It's definitely a hard one to accept. I was cool with the idea of her going ape shit on the Red Keep, which would have killed a lot of innocents in the attempt to kills Cersei.

It's hard to accept "oops, she finally snapped" as a satisfying explanation, but that's what we have.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:17 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Logically, this is what should happen.

Dany gets ganked by Arya because after that stunt no one in Westoros will support her.

Grey Worm gets executed by Jon for participating in the massacre.

No one is put on the Iron Throne because Kings Landing is gone. The seven kingdoms become 7 or so independent kingdoms.

Jon says **** this I am out and heads past the wall to live with Tormund.
I kinda like that. The new power would be consolidated at Winterfell with Sansa the Lady of the house and Bran the castle wizard warg weirdo, Arya taking over River Run with Gendry as Lord and Hotpie running the kitchens.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:17 PM 05-12-2019
Because, you dumbass, we spent the entire series setting up Cersei as a horrible **** but *GASP* it turns out she's actually quite sympathetic compared to the character who was her polar opposite. UNTIL NOW!

IT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE!!!!
It was the only scene in the series I really thought Tyrion was dead. And the most probable. Makes me think the writers gave into how can we make everything so obvious nobody will guess how this ends. BRILLIANT!

Maybe Seinfeld rides up on a horse.
[Reply]
Page 306 of 386
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316356 > Last »
Up